PDA

View Full Version : Election '22

NightTrain
11-09-2022, 11:09 AM
Well, that was disappointing.

About the only bright point is DeSantis performing as strongly as he did.

I'm a bit pissed with Trump throwing shade before the midterms. While I loved how he performed as President, the caustic shit has to stop. I believe I'll be voting DeSantis in '24.

There's absolutely no reason that the GOP shouldn't have wrecked the dems yesterday.

If the House is retaken, at least we'll have that going for us.. but the Senate was crucial.

NightTrain
11-09-2022, 11:12 AM
And Fetterman winning? Wtf?

SassyLady
11-09-2022, 11:42 AM
I just checked to see the status of my ballot. It was received on 11/4. Sent over for counting on 11/7. As of right now it has not been counted. There are close to 4K Votes in my batch.

My roommate mailed his at same time. His ended up in different batch and has been counted. His was counted on 11/4.

As of right now our county has 40K votes not counted. I'm assuming those were ballots received in mail but dropped off yesterday.

Fingers crossed.

Black Diamond
11-09-2022, 02:05 PM
Laxalt is ahead here right now by two points but I am thinking the remaining ballots are mail in.

Gunny
11-09-2022, 06:31 PM
A point: True, the big, red wave didn't happen. Unless something's happened in the past little bit, Republicans will still take the House at a minimum. IF they can pull off the Senate by some miracle (Trump dropping dead comes to mind), it's still better than what we've had the past two years.

fj1200
11-09-2022, 06:32 PM
I think is how certain candidates ;) underperformed against uncertain candidates ;) is the question to be asked.

Black Diamond
11-09-2022, 06:44 PM
A point: True, the big, red wave didn't happen. Unless something's happened in the past little bit, Republicans will still take the House at a minimum. IF they can pull off the Senate by some miracle (Trump dropping dead comes to mind), it's still better than what we've had the past two years.

Yeah we still need NV Alaska is republican no matter what and then walker has to win the runoff.

BoogyMan
11-09-2022, 07:24 PM
How on earth did someone look at Fetterman and think "I gotta vote for that guy!!"?

NightTrain
11-09-2022, 07:39 PM
How on earth did someone look at Fetterman and think "I gotta vote for that guy!!"?

He's very clearly incapacitated. And then there's Biden.

How in the hell could rational people vote for these walking turnips?

Black Diamond
11-09-2022, 07:58 PM

Part of it is they started voting 40 days ago before they knew what a complete lunatic he was. The other part is Oz should not have been chosen.

fj1200
11-09-2022, 08:03 PM
Part of it is they started voting 40 days ago before they knew what a complete lunatic he was. The other part is Oz should not have been chosen.

The celebritization of politics. It's populist drivel.

Gunny
11-10-2022, 12:05 PM

A point I honestly had not heard nor thought of until yesterday when one or the other pundit was flapping his jib. SOrt of doevetails in with Kathianne's point/thread on abortion. As I got it:

Dems start voting as early (and often) as possible by early voting or mail-in. Another nod Kathianne's way -- I'm completely against this BS being allowed. Talk about opportunity to cheat No legit reason - no mail-in and damned-sure nothing early. WTF is THAT? (the latter)

Case in point, any leftwingfool that knee-jerked over abortion and voted early didn't wait on the economy to worsen.

On the other hand, as I got it, the right tends to wait and vote on election day. You know, the way it's supposed to be? That's a tall order as opposed to Dembulbs stringing it out at their leisure/convenience over however many months. Have to get to the polls between this hour and that, and juggle it with work and kids.

I don't think there's any political system the Dems can't game :rolleyes: At Same time, as long as the option is there, the right should be taking just as much advantage of it. The left isn't hampered by that "job and responsibility" thing.

fj1200
11-10-2022, 08:06 PM
I'm not sure trump has really had a good election cycle since 2016. 2022 speaks for itself. 2020 was a good year for Republicans not named trump or in Georgia. 2018 Dems pick up 41 in the House and 7 in the Senate and state-level elections were a similar story.