PDA

View Full Version : Happy 247th Birthday, Marine Corps!

Kathianne
11-10-2022, 02:43 PM
Thank you!

icansayit
11-10-2022, 06:10 PM
semper fi marines!

Gunny
11-10-2022, 07:19 PM
So there we were. Bunch of PFCs and LCpls stuck in the middle of the desert, 50 miles from the nearest "civilization" we couldn't afford, Palm Springs. This was before moving a lot of I MEF and 3rd MAW to the Stumps, so it was just an empty, desolate place.

So Special Services has this great idea: Let's bus in some USO women from LA and Dago so the troops can have a ball and someone to dance with. There was no "or whatnot" at the end of the dance because there was no place to take woman if you could get one of those tee-toadlers to go anywhere anyway.

Because these were Carrie Nation USO women, NO ALCOHOL. At the enlisted club on base on the Marine Corps Birthday. I said they should keep the Bible-thumping women and open the bar a tad too loud. A SSgt sternly "explained" to me that I should feel ashamed as it was thoughtful of the Commanding General to think of us and I should appreciate the time and effort put in to provide junior enlisted entertainment. Yeah, f-ing right :rolleyes:

Being of the enterprising sort, a couple of other Lance coolies and I proceed to smuggle a bottle of Jack and a bottle of Southern Comfort into the Ball. Unfortunately, we brought the alcoholic indian with us. About an hour in, waste case drops the Southern Comfort on the floor and it explodes. The only thing moving faster than glass and whiskey was anyone that dumbass called friend. We were probably out the door before the bottle finished breaking :laugh:

Guess you had to be there. I was :)