PDA

View Full Version : Biden/Harris 2024?

Black Diamond
11-10-2022, 03:00 PM
I've been thinking about this for a couple days. I apologize if what I'm gonna say Is a given now.

Biden will see this as a victory this week and will run again in 2024.

Kathianne
11-10-2022, 03:03 PM
I've been thinking about this for a couple days. I apologize if what I'm gonna say Is a given now.

Biden will see this as a victory this week and will run again in 2024.

and that may be one of the glimmers of Tuesday. Did you hear him yesterday? Reporter asked, "So 75% of people thing the country is going in the wrong direction, what are you going to change?" Biden, "Nothing. They are just beginning to get my policies." Yeppers, he plans on more of the same. If the Rs don't get one of the houses, it's full steam ahead.

fj1200
11-10-2022, 03:05 PM
I say no chance.

Black Diamond
11-10-2022, 03:15 PM
and that may be one of the glimmers of Tuesday. Did you hear him yesterday? Reporter asked, "So 75% of people thing the country is going in the wrong direction, what are you going to change?" Biden, "Nothing. They are just beginning to get my policies." Yeppers, he plans on more of the same. If the Rs don't get one of the houses, it's full steam ahead.

Yup. I sure did. Which led me to my next question. Why should he change anything? Obviously people don't think things are bad enough.

Black Diamond
11-10-2022, 03:19 PM
I say no chance.

If he has a massive stroke (although fetterman) or dies is the only way he doesn't run at this point. I was thinking even before Tuesday the guy is too belligerent and arrogant not to at least try. Now we add affirmation to it.

NightTrain
11-10-2022, 03:29 PM
No way.

That's not to say that both of the idiots wouldn't run if they let them; they would. But not even the libs like either of them.

I don't know who they've got on deck... but anyone would be better.

Black Diamond
11-10-2022, 03:31 PM
No way.

That's not to say that both of the idiots wouldn't run if they let them; they would. But not even the libs like either of them.

I don't know who they've got on deck... but anyone would be better.

Mayor Pete Is on deck. Harris will run for veep not potus unless Biden dies.

NightTrain
11-10-2022, 04:23 PM
Mayor Pete Is on deck. Harris will run for veep not potus unless Biden dies.

Beto? He's really talented at blowing hundreds of millions on quixotic elections.

Black Diamond
11-10-2022, 04:36 PM
Beto? He's really talented at blowing hundreds of millions on quixotic elections.

No Pete buttigieg (sp?)

fj1200
11-10-2022, 05:29 PM
If he has a massive stroke (although fetterman) or dies is the only way he doesn't run at this point. I was thinking even before Tuesday the guy is too belligerent and arrogant not to at least try. Now we add affirmation to it.

Because he said he'd change nothing? Meh, what do you expect him to say? I think the money people will pull their support quietly unti he bows out.

Kathianne
11-10-2022, 05:42 PM
Because he said he'd change nothing? Meh, what do you expect him to say? I think the money people will pull their support quietly unti he bows out.

Last time it seemed he was the only recourse to Trump. Not so likely this time, neither one I think.

I really don't know who the Dems can put up, there seems a true absence of talent. Not so for Reps, though time will tell, I think those that bent the knee too often, too deeply, are unlikely to be in the running.

Black Diamond
11-10-2022, 05:43 PM

No the affirmation comes because essentially he just "achieved" the second biggest victory of his life. It fed his ego (if it even needed to be fed) in spite of or on top what he may have said.

SassyLady
11-10-2022, 06:03 PM
Newsom ... Pelosi's nephew.

Whitmer or Hochul as VP?

BoogyMan
11-10-2022, 07:15 PM
I am pretty sure they are planning on Pelosi by proxy with Newsom.

Last time it seemed he was the only recourse to Trump. Not so likely this time, neither one I think.

I really don't know who the Dems can put up, there seems a true absence of talent. Not so for Reps, though time will tell, I think those that bent the knee too often, too deeply, are unlikely to be in the running.

Black Diamond
11-10-2022, 07:16 PM
I am pretty sure they are planning on Pelosi by proxy with Newsom.

I had forgotten about that asswipe.

icansayit
11-10-2022, 07:47 PM
IMAGINE FETTERMAN AS PRESIDENT?
Some think he's got the STAMINA to win over Biden and Harris.

Then again. So does...this guy....https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Wq0SNR6PG9Q/maxresdefault.jpg

Kathianne
11-10-2022, 07:50 PM
Fetterman probably could be Biden and Harris. ;) Only against Oz could he win against GOP, right?

Unfortunate:

In an email blast touting “unprecedented successes” that was sent out before any races had been called, Trump boasted that his political action committee had spent “$3.4 million opposing [Oz opponent] John Fetterman in Pennsylvania.”

fj1200
11-10-2022, 07:54 PM
No the affirmation comes because essentially he just "achieved" the second biggest victory of his life. It fed his ego (if it even needed to be fed) in spite of or on top what he may have said.

Gotcha. I still don't see it actually happening.

Kathianne
11-10-2022, 07:58 PM
Gotcha. I still don't see it actually happening.

I agree, though how'd he get there in 2020? Lack of others. Has that changed? Harris is as bad or worse. Buttigieg? He can't even do roads, much less trains. Which reminds me, now long until the trains strike and diesel runs out? Go Brandon!

fj1200
11-10-2022, 08:01 PM
I agree, though how'd he get there in 2020? Lack of others. Has that changed? Harris is as bad or worse. Buttigieg? He can't even do roads, much less trains. Which reminds me, now long until the trains strike and diesel runs out? Go Brandon!

I'm not saying that they have a bench at all but Biden will just get worse for the next year and a half until the primaries start. He just can't. Someone always comes out of the woodwork. I would like to see a cogent DeSantis run rings around Biden though in a debate.

Kathianne
11-10-2022, 08:04 PM
I'm not saying that they have a bench at all but Biden will just get worse for the next year and a half until the primaries start. He just can't. Someone always comes out of the woodwork. I would like to see a cogent DeSantis run rings around Biden though in a debate.

and here I am, just ready to post this:

https://instapundit.com/553352/

NOVEMBER 10, 2022
VDH: Tuesday Takeaways (https://pjmedia.com/columns/victor-davis-hanson/2022/11/10/tuesday-takeaways-n1644743).

To the degree Republican gubernatorial candidates not supported by Trump easily won their races in states like Georgia and Ohio, they helped Trump-supported senatorial candidates. To the degree Trump-supported gubernatorial candidates lost badly such as in Pennsylvania, they hurt Trump-supported senatorial candidates.

Trump’s pre-election unexpected attack on DeSantis may have turned off a few thousand independents and Republicans from voting for Trump-affiliated candidates. And his pre-midterm boast that he would likely run for president may have scared — and energized — some last-minute, hard-core anti-Trumpers and Democrats to go out to vote.

Pollsters got it wrong — again. But this time once trustworthy conservative pollsters had little inkling that the simmering left-wing base was enthused by wild talk of abortion and insurrection. The real under-polled voters were not silent, wary Trump supporters, but this time around seething upscale women and college students.

Final takeaways?

Democratic opposition to a flawed and impaired Biden running again in 2024 will recede. Republican loyalty to the unpredictable Trump could fade.

And both those realities will empower DeSantis.

As Michael Barone notes (https://www.aei.org/op-eds/trump-and-biden-big-losers-desantis-big-winner-in-2022/?mkt_tok=NDc1LVBCUS05NzEAAAGIACvoLSRaeFJd29zs9aaYk jwowgDiBSZ8Voi1q6eES5MIY5rTCnpMSu9Obun6Pu4E9KoZDSs nd1MvppyEfrpj5_7lSoHx0t_oj8fa1D-bI5PGdQ), “The biggest winner of election 2022 was Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. Four years ago, he carried Florida 50%-49%, by just 32,000 votes, and he has been under repeated attack by the national press for his policies on COVID, concentrating on protecting the elderly and insisting on open schools and outdoor activities, and for a bill forbidding overt sexual material in kindergarten through third grade. His mettle was tested when Hurricane Ian attacked southwest Florida on Sept. 28 at a point not predicted by meteorologists (weather experts have improved greatly in recent decades but aren’t perfect). He got the Pine Island bridge repaired within three days (https://www.roadsbridges.com/bridge-construction/news/21436116/florida-completes-repairs-on-pine-island-bridge) and the Sanibel Island bridge repaired in three weeks rather than the predicted three months (https://www.roadsbridges.com/bridge-construction/news/21436638/the-sanibel-causeway-reopens). He didn’t just promise to build things — he delivered. This year, DeSantis won reelection by 19 points, a 1,506,000-vote margin, in the state that George W. Bush carried in 2000 by a 537-vote margin after 35 days of recounts and litigation.”

fj1200
11-10-2022, 08:10 PM
^You'll lose money betting against Michael Barone.