PDA

View Full Version : Haberman: Trump ‘willing to burn it all down if he doesn’t get what he wants’

Gunny
11-12-2022, 01:39 PM
Wouldn't know Maggie Haberman from a hole in the wall, but I agree with her assessment.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3731276-haberman-trump-willing-to-burn-it-all-down-if-he-doesnt-get-what-he-wants/

Kathianne
11-12-2022, 01:50 PM
Wouldn't know Maggie Haberman from a hole in the wall, but I agree with her assessment.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3731276-haberman-trump-willing-to-burn-it-all-down-if-he-doesnt-get-what-he-wants/

She's a NYT reporter that Trump has leaked to for years. She's certainly not conservative, but she flatters his ingenuity, perseverence, and chutzpah. He constantly is blasting her, but continues to whisper in her ear. Never forget his fake persona used for years to build his brand.

hjmick
11-12-2022, 02:06 PM
Well... Duh...

As for Haberman, she wrote a book about him that was published the first week of October.

Confidence Man

Gunny
11-12-2022, 07:28 PM
I pretty much went with the "he'll burn the whole thing down to get his way" assessment as the correct one. Even a clock's right twice a day. Just not Biden.

Trump can only "burn it down" if the people on the right allow him to.

Kathianne
11-12-2022, 09:40 PM
I pretty much went with the "he'll burn the whole thing down to get his way" assessment as the correct one. Even a clock's right twice a day. Just not Biden.

Trump can only "burn it down" if the people on the right allow him to.

There are some on the 'right' that will see righteousness in his fight.

Black Diamond
11-12-2022, 10:12 PM
All the other GOP candidates would have to get behind DeSantis alla the Dems in 2020 with Biden against Bernie.

Kathianne
11-12-2022, 10:17 PM
All the other GOP candidates would have to get behind DeSantis alla the Dems in 2020 with Biden against Bernie.

I think leadership is already working that, trying to make it two only.

Trump last time knocked off the huge field until it came to Cruz who was tired.

Black Diamond
11-12-2022, 10:26 PM
I think leadership is already working that, trying to make it two only.

Trump last time knocked off the huge field until it came to Cruz who was tired.

Ah OK. Well they'd have to pick the right guy.

Kathianne
11-12-2022, 10:58 PM
Ah OK. Well they'd have to pick the right guy.

Pretty certain it's going to be the youngish guy from FL. Wife had cancer. Now it may be that Trump really has some blackmail worthy stuff, doubt creeps in on his truthiness.

Gunny
11-13-2022, 11:35 AM
Pretty certain it's going to be the youngish guy from FL. Wife had cancer. Now it may be that Trump really has some blackmail worthy stuff, doubt creeps in on his truthiness.I'm with you on the doubt. Given his recent track record, I'm not taking his word for it. He's pretty big on unsubstantiated claims.

I'll even give him that his claims are not always without merit. This is where he doesn't keep up. You have to be a lefty to make unsubstantiated claims stick. If you're on the right, 5 pieces of hard evidence backed by forensics and a not from your mother is STILL questionable.

I stated very early on during the 2016 primaries (to no avail) Trump is not a conservative Republican. He's a megalomaniac. Despite some good policies I agreed with, he has acted like a Dem the whole time. Still does.

Remember the blind tests? I bet if given Trump's personal behavior/characteristics in a blind test, few if any would pick him as a conservative. It's all about winning a game to him and he chose the side that had an opening at the time.

Kathianne
11-13-2022, 01:03 PM
I've been waiting for some 'core' writer to come to Trump's defense. Well this one doesn't really give a 'defense' as much as saying that he's the nasty that is totally necessary against the entrenched. Really the same message as ever, with kicker that DeSantis is just too needed where he is in FL.

There's even a mini-round up of other right writers that also have written on the president:

https://pjmedia.com/columns/david-solway-2/2022/11/11/desantis-2024-think-again-n1645202

fj1200
11-13-2022, 03:13 PM
https://pjmedia.com/columns/david-solway-2/2022/11/11/desantis-2024-think-again-n1645202

Ugh! Conspiratorial drivel.

Gunny
11-13-2022, 03:29 PM
Ugh! Conspiratorial drivel.Lot of truths in that "drivel". I've mentioned countless times the lack of hard evidence. That doesn't mean it's not happening.

We went from "red wave" to a repeat of 2020. Right down to waiting on the same places to learn to count. Has a Republican won a single thing in these places? I should say won anything that is crucial. Couple of "who cares" gimmees to make it look good don't count.

Not saying it is, but I'm not willing to rule it out just because Dumb Donald's a convenient scapegoat. I don't trust Dems and they DO own and run the infrastructure.

fj1200
11-13-2022, 03:32 PM
Lot of truths in that "drivel". I've mentioned countless times the lack of hard evidence. That doesn't mean it's not happening.

We went from "red wave" to a repeat of 2020. Right down to waiting on the same places to learn to count. Has a Republican won a single thing in these places? I should say won anything that is crucial. Couple of "who cares" gimmees to make it look good don't count.

Not saying it is, but I'm not willing to rule it out just because Dumb Donald's a convenient scapegoat. I don't trust Dems and they DO own and run the infrastructure.

Not enough to matter and especially not to good candidates.

Gunny
11-13-2022, 04:33 PM
Not enough to matter and especially not to good candidates.I would argue you could just as easily be incorrect. People are loyal to their paycheck and who signs it. Especially government workers who have cradle to grave bennies as a result of that loyalty. There's more "something there" than there is not.

Enough to not dismiss it out of hand.

Black Diamond
11-13-2022, 07:27 PM
I would argue you could just as easily be incorrect. People are loyal to their paycheck and who signs it. Especially government workers who have cradle to grave bennies as a result of that loyalty. There's more "something there" than there is not.

Enough to not dismiss it out of hand.

They finally called Nevada for masto yesterday which was day 5.

Gunny
11-13-2022, 08:08 PM
They finally called Nevada for masto yesterday which was day 5.I don't trust anyone. People are involved. People will cheat at church bingo if they can get away with it.

Black Diamond
11-13-2022, 11:55 PM
I don't trust anyone. People are involved. People will cheat at church bingo if they can get away with it.

You're an election denier. You'd better never run for office