PDA

View Full Version : To Be Or Not

Kathianne
11-14-2022, 01:56 AM
Not my favorite writer, though I'm quite certain he is razor sharp. Just too bellicose and up until a few days ago, way to Trump manic for me. This article though is more nuanced than most things I've read from him, he usually rams his point over and over again over your head. This though? More of an acknowledgement and hope that things change, but since we're talking Trump, you can tell he doesn't have much hope.

He does a good job of segregating out the levels of Trump acceptance/non-acceptance.
Gunny and many people I know: Swallow Hard Trumpers, the folks who did not want him but got on the team anyway when he won yet never reconciled fully to him.

This is my roommate and why we do not discuss politics if Trump is involved: Trump diehards love it. Some make very good points about why he should run. Again, Trump did some great things and if he is the nominee we should eagerly support him. Other folks are a bit too into him personally. Like Grateful Deadheads following the band from concert to kush-kissed concert, they attend his (often hilarious) rallies, space-dancing to his greatest hits. They never tire of his act, though seven-plus years after he came down that escalator, a lot of other people have. They cannot tolerate hearing criticisms of Trump, whether from enemies or allies. The next two years are going to be very long for them.

He also mentions how much the Democrats want/need Trump to run, that does make sense. Not mentioned is the media, for many of same reasons as Democrats, but add in he makes them more $$$.

Primaries cannot come soon enough, I sure hope DeSantis gets in and the leadership holds others at bay, including Pence-whom I personally like, but he hasn't a chance. Hope that DeSantis can pull it off and Trump doesn't suddenly decide to open his wallet for 3rd party bid.

While Schlichter seems to see a very narrow chance, I just don't.

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2022/11/14/lets-talk-about-trump-n2615884

fj1200
11-14-2022, 07:46 AM
trump = political crypto.