PDA

View Full Version : Trump 2024

Kathianne
11-16-2022, 02:46 AM
I was at work for the live coverage, though reading the article below, seems FOX cut it short. I saw what Hannity put on in rerun. It was not what I'd expect. I have to agree with the following writer, who unlike myself, really is a Trump supporter, I'm surprised that he didn't do a rally, it's too late for him to play 'statesman,' no one is going to buy that, even the real supporters.

https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2022/11/16/trump-shocks-the-world-by-nearly-putting-us-to-sleep-n659519

Trump Shocks the World—by Nearly Putting Us to SleepBy Bob Hoge | 12:45 AM on November 16, 2022

At one point when the crowd started to chant, “drain the swamp, drain the swamp!” Trump just smiled, didn’t encourage them, and quickly went back to his speechifying.

If you’ve ever watched or been to a Trump rally, you know that those are an entirely different affair. There are rowdy fans with their trademark red MAGA hats, music, famous guests, and most of all, Trump’s surprisingly brilliant sense of humor. His rallies feel like festivals as much as they do political events.

Obviously, this was not a rally; the president was delivering prepared remarks, and he was attempting to address serious matters. Nevertheless, he appeared less vibrant than we’re used to, there was very little humor, and I sensed that the crowd wanted more and was just waiting to explode with applause and cheers at one of his famous one-liners. Didn’t happen.

What’s the end game here? He clearly wasn’t trying to thrill his die-hard supporters, and it’s probable that many of them were deflated by the speech. But if he’s trying to convince the Washington Post crowd that he’s a serious leader, that attempt will never work:

Gunny
11-16-2022, 12:00 PM
I was at work for the live coverage, though reading the article below, seems FOX cut it short. I saw what Hannity put on in rerun. It was not what I'd expect. I have to agree with the following writer, who unlike myself, really is a Trump supporter, I'm surprised that he didn't do a rally, it's too late for him to play 'statesman,' no one is going to buy that, even the real supporters.

https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2022/11/16/trump-shocks-the-world-by-nearly-putting-us-to-sleep-n659519Nothing like the WP confessing its political bias.

Not that I am concerned for the well-being of his political career, but I would think he might have held off until emotions cooled off. He is not self-actualized in terms of current situation.