PDA

View Full Version : House Democrats choose DACA over other immigration priorities in lame-duck session

Gunny
11-16-2022, 12:47 PM
These idiots are like toddlers. They just never quit.

At this point, I'm not against DACA for people who meet the criteria; which, I am sure the Dems have rendered unacceptable to me. Obviously partisan that they want to address this but not illegal immigration/the Border. Trying to buy back the Hispanic voters they lost in 2022.

Other side of the coin: Republican't's need to be careful how they come off looking to John Q Public's emotion-driven, 13 IQ if they oppose it so they don't lose the voters they gained.

https://thehill.com/latino/3737877-house-democrats-choose-daca-over-other-immigration-priorities-in-lame-duck-session/

Kathianne
11-16-2022, 01:01 PM
These idiots are like toddlers. They just never quit.

At this point, I'm not against DACA for people who meet the criteria; which, I am sure the Dems have rendered unacceptable to me. Obviously partisan that they want to address this but not illegal immigration/the Border. Trying to buy back the Hispanic voters they lost in 2022.

Other side of the coin: Republican't's need to be careful how they come off looking to John Q Public's emotion-driven, 13 IQ if they oppose it so they don't lose the voters they gained.

https://thehill.com/latino/3737877-house-democrats-choose-daca-over-other-immigration-priorities-in-lame-duck-session/

I've never had a problem with the concept of DACA, anymore than amnesty at various times, it's the details that have a problem. What is the cutoff time? Was it back say 2008 or when Obama brought up? Today? After today no more babies brought here benefit from DACA? How does that work, without borders in place and enforced?

Gunny
11-16-2022, 07:39 PM
I've never had a problem with the concept of DACA, anymore than amnesty at various times, it's the details that have a problem. What is the cutoff time? Was it back say 2008 or when Obama brought up? Today? After today no more babies brought here benefit from DACA? How does that work, without borders in place and enforced?

At this point? I say the date the court ruled they had to quit accepting applications. It's going to suck no matter what.

As I pointed out in the past, the Republicans are fools to not grab this ball and run with it if and when they ever get the reins back. The Dems will be against anything the Republicans suggest no matter what, so there's no loss on that account. Talk about "dreaming" :rolleyes: