PDA

View Full Version : Biden reaches for his pen — and undermines separation of powers

Gunny
11-21-2022, 11:52 AM
Not only is dumbass circumventing Congress, he's misusing a law to restrict even more land. He's determined to choke off the US's natural resources.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/3738630-biden-reaches-for-his-pen-and-undermines-separation-of-powers/

Kathianne
11-21-2022, 01:18 PM
Not only is dumbass circumventing Congress, he's misusing a law to restrict even more land. He's determined to choke off the US's natural resources.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/3738630-biden-reaches-for-his-pen-and-undermines-separation-of-powers/

They ignore that they keep losing in courts.

Gunny
11-22-2022, 11:25 AM
They ignore that they keep losing in courts.They don't care. They're going to lose the Border/immigration battle in court eventually.

Everything the Dems have done since Bill Clinton has been based on the damage it can do while issues trickle their way for years through the judicial system.

I am and have been regardless party in the WH completely against using EOs in place of legislation. EOs should be used as stop-gap, emergency measures when the amount of time it takes to get legislation to pass would cause irreparable harm.

It's called "lazy booking". Congress doesn't have to accomplish much of anything, and they can't even get that done. I don't remember the last time we had a budget on time.

Kathianne
11-22-2022, 11:42 AM
They don't care. They're going to lose the Border/immigration battle in court eventually.

Everything the Dems have done since Bill Clinton has been based on the damage it can do while issues trickle their way for years through the judicial system.

I am and have been regardless party in the WH completely against using EOs in place of legislation. EOs should be used as stop-gap, emergency measures when the amount of time it takes to get legislation to pass would cause irreparable harm.

It's called "lazy booking". Congress doesn't have to accomplish much of anything, and they can't even get that done. I don't remember the last time we had a budget on time.

What's a budget? Imagine that your spending was 110% of your income. I believe that is fraud of some sort.

Gunny
11-22-2022, 11:52 AM
What's a budget? Imagine that your spending was 110% of your income. I believe that is fraud of some sort.I pointed that out in another thread a day or so ago. There are federal laws we mere mortals are subject to when it comes to financial responsibility while that very same Federal government makes no pretense anymore of even trying to get out of the red.

On its current track, the US will eventually not be able to pay its bills. I'd like to say probably not in our lifetime, but I recall saying that about our culture/society going completely down the crapper up until about 4-6 years ago. I just refused to believe that people this stupid not only exist, but have power and control over our lives.