PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand government tries to seize guardianship of baby after parents demand unvac

Gunny
11-30-2022, 05:55 PM
Unreasonable demand, IMO. Reminds me of parents in this country who refuse modern medicine. Bet they're mostly pro-lifers too:rolleyes: If the welfare of the child comes first, then the welfare of the child comes first.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/new-zealand-government-tries-seize-guardianship-baby-parents-demand-unvaccinated-blood-surgery

LostInSeattle
12-05-2022, 08:14 PM
Well, when people don't understand science and instead rely on fearmongers for their information, this kind of thing can result. I feel sorry for the child.

The takeaway from the article is this paragraph:
"There is no evidence that previous vaccination affects the quality of blood for transfusion," NZBS said. "Any COVID-19 vaccine in the blood is broken down soon after the injection. All donated blood also gets filtered during processing, so any trace amounts that may still be present poses no risk to recipients."

Gunny
12-05-2022, 08:23 PM
Well, when people don't understand science and instead rely on fearmongers for their information, this kind of thing can result. I feel sorry for the child.

The takeaway from the article is this paragraph:
"There is no evidence that previous vaccination affects the quality of blood for transfusion," NZBS said. "Any COVID-19 vaccine in the blood is broken down soon after the injection. All donated blood also gets filtered during processing, so any trace amounts that may still be present poses no risk to recipients."

FWIW, I don't believe the government "science" when it comes to COVID and/or it's vaccine. I don't see that it has or has not been proven. I won't use that argument.

What I will say is if my child's life is in the balance, one step at a time. I'll worry about the rest of the BS later.