PDA

View Full Version : No more faking to like soccer

SassyLady
12-03-2022, 02:57 PM
Proud to not watch any games for over 40 years ... not since my kids played. My grandkids didn't even play!

https://babylonbee.com/news/nation-relieved-to-no-longer-have-to-pretend-to-like-soccer

Gunny
12-04-2022, 09:29 AM
Proud to not watch any games for over 40 years ... not since my kids played. My grandkids didn't even play!

https://babylonbee.com/news/nation-relieved-to-no-longer-have-to-pretend-to-like-soccerI have never made it to the 2-minute mark of either soccer or hockey. I was a couple of years ahead of the soccer craze in school, and hockey didn't happen in the South. That was a Yankee sport.

I have however made it a few minutes watching soccer fan riots on spoof shows like "World's Dumbest" :laugh: Mind-boggling to watch adult fans of a kid's game draw up sides like Roman legions and attack each other. They deserve whatever ills befall them :)

fj1200
12-05-2022, 02:36 PM
Soccer is great. 45 straight minutes of commercial free sport. And then another 45 minutes.

Kathianne
12-05-2022, 02:40 PM
Soccer is great. 45 straight minutes of commercial free sport. And then another 45 minutes.

Yeah, I've always liked watching since my kids were involved. My youngest played through middle school, knee injuries ended that. Then he turned to X-Country, made all state. Never did like watching X-Country, though I did.

The grandkids are into soccer, like watching the clips.

fj1200
12-05-2022, 02:44 PM
^It does take some time to appreciate it though. :laugh:

Kathianne
12-05-2022, 02:50 PM
^It does take some time to appreciate it though. :laugh:

I never was into team sports, gymnastics and swim team were my two 'teams' which sort of aren't. LOL! My brother though, like Gunny played all. He played intramural soccer for a couple years, then they couldn't get enough players to field a team. He loved playing, said it was a lot more thinking than football or hockey-why those sports comparisons? IDK.

Gunny
12-05-2022, 08:43 PM
I never was into team sports, gymnastics and swim team were my two 'teams' which sort of aren't. LOL! My brother though, like Gunny played all. He played intramural soccer for a couple years, then they couldn't get enough players to field a team. He loved playing, said it was a lot more thinking than football or hockey-why those sports comparisons? IDK.

People who understand "their" sport ALWAYS think it requires more thinking than the other sports. Not really true. If you understand the game you are playing, it requires strategy and tactics, and certain skill sets.

I can appreciate the conditioning required to play soccer. My appreciation ends there :)