PDA

View Full Version : ‘Trump obsession is very bad’: Senate Republicans confront their problems after poor

Gunny
12-08-2022, 12:45 PM
Sounds like they read one of my posts except for the part where they aren't sharing the blame with themselves.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/07/politics/trump-republicans-georgia-senate-race/index.html

Kathianne
12-08-2022, 01:14 PM
Sounds like they read one of my posts except for the part where they aren't sharing the blame with themselves.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/07/politics/trump-republicans-georgia-senate-race/index.html

In general I don't really take advice from CNN or super liberal writers. However, there is more than a bit of wisdom in listening to the opposition before making decisions

A few observations/conclusions from the article:

Whether or not Trump is 'bad' now regarding winning, he has proven to me and others to be both a bad leader and bad person. I think both his choices in whom to endorse in midterms and his reactions after those losses address why he needs to be black listed by those considering themselves conservatives. He may well be a leader for those wanting an alternative to normality, but are those who should be in control of the GOP? They have every right to form their own party, just like Trump did Truth regarding social media.

I firmly believe that the 'election season' consisting of very early voting and widespread absentee voting is bad for our electoral system. People are making decisions they may come to regret in a short period of time-looking at PA debate results. However, undoing these new wrinkles in the system make take time or not happen at all. With that said, the GOP needs to make the system work as well for their candidates as the Democrats have. Reminder, one thing that Trump gets credit for, using social media to communicate, when it wasn't being effectively used by the opposition. Their reaction may just now be coming home to roost via Twittergate. ;) I'd like to keep fighting the fight for a return to integrity of elections, including one day voting, with few exceptions, keeping in mind that Roe took 25+ years to be reversed. Deal with now, work for future for righting wrongs.

I'm really watching some folks that I once considered pretty decent politicians/people. Graham, Cruz come to mind. I didn't agree with particulars with either on many issues, though at core I thought we did. After Trump 2016, my thinking changed. Rubio used to be in their company too, but he has been distancing while not denouncing Trump for more than 2 years.

icansayit
12-09-2022, 06:40 PM
THE DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WAGON IS STILL ROLLING ALONG (CNN) AND GULLIBLE AMERICANS TAKE IT ALL IN AS A PLANNED DIVISION TACTIC TO CONTINE THE LIES, AND HYPOCRISY.

Many may notice. I am on my way away from D.P. now. Look at the FEW numbers we have left here. For me. It's just become another WALL to throw mud at to see if anyone notices. ADIOS.

Gunny
12-10-2022, 11:23 AM
In general I don't really take advice from CNN or super liberal writers. However, there is more than a bit of wisdom in listening to the opposition before making decisions

A few observations/conclusions from the article:

Whether or not Trump is 'bad' now regarding winning, he has proven to me and others to be both a bad leader and bad person. I think both his choices in whom to endorse in midterms and his reactions after those losses address why he needs to be black listed by those considering themselves conservatives. He may well be a leader for those wanting an alternative to normality, but are those who should be in control of the GOP? They have every right to form their own party, just like Trump did Truth regarding social media.

I firmly believe that the 'election season' consisting of very early voting and widespread absentee voting is bad for our electoral system. People are making decisions they may come to regret in a short period of time-looking at PA debate results. However, undoing these new wrinkles in the system make take time or not happen at all. With that said, the GOP needs to make the system work as well for their candidates as the Democrats have. Reminder, one thing that Trump gets credit for, using social media to communicate, when it wasn't being effectively used by the opposition. Their reaction may just now be coming home to roost via Twittergate. ;) I'd like to keep fighting the fight for a return to integrity of elections, including one day voting, with few exceptions, keeping in mind that Roe took 25+ years to be reversed. Deal with now, work for future for righting wrongs.

I'm really watching some folks that I once considered pretty decent politicians/people. Graham, Cruz come to mind. I didn't agree with particulars with either on many issues, though at core I thought we did. After Trump 2016, my thinking changed. Rubio used to be in their company too, but he has been distancing while not denouncing Trump for more than 2 years.

Well stated. You touch on a several key issues that should be addressed. There is no single issue, IMO, that brought this on the right; rather, a perfect storm created by many.

From the start, I chose the CNN article because it addresses a concern. I filter the story out of the slant. The latter is only dangerous to those that are able to accomplish the former. For the most part, I like to think I post to a audience better than that.

I also have been less than impressed with Fox's choice of "top stories/front page headers", and its focus in general. It may be "the" alternative to the leftwing MSM, but it really is second rate, IMO, as a news reporting agency.

I agree 100% on the early voting. Foolish, especially as fleeting as the attention span of America is. Example: right up until he caved, I'd have voted for Manchin at most any point in time prior to the defining collapse. He was doing and saying all the right things. Not just in opposition to the Dems, but in what he wanted.

I think people who vote early without cause shouldn't bother. They aren't really in keeping with the spirit of "why" we vote. They're just punching numbers for a blind "win". That isn't wanting what is best for the nation. Noteworthy is the number of people who are psycho-caring about their "cause" while knowing nothing about the underlying truths (lies) that support it. The Dems/left play a game of emotional frenzy and knee-jerk reactions and the people buy it every time.

On the right, the only people in general that will come out and call BS are the Trump's. No one else wants to offend the left. Seems only the left recognizes this and has used it effectively as a weapon.

I believe a lot of what Trump says is factually correct, and one of his actual bright spots was your aforementioned use of social media before the left was prepared for it. Look where that's gotten us. I stated then that the left would fix that and there wouldn't be a next time. Lo and behold what came to pass.

Trump is his own worst enemy, and at this point, he is the best thing the Dems have had going for them since 2016. Maybe only one of many factors that is leading to the collapse of the right, but head-and-shoulders above the rest poster child for what is wrong. I am more concerned with those focusing on Trump as THE cause, and not addressing the issues that led to him being in a position to be the final straw.

He caused a divide, but the disunity predates him. The lack of leadership predates him. The lack of any kind of a plan predates him. "We aren't them" is NOT a plan. There isn't even a cohesive plan to win an election.

If the right cannot come together as a team and collectively defeat the left, there isn't going to be a right to worry about. The Dems have been dismantling any and every part of it in earnest since 2020. Not even trying to hide it. Why should they? They have nothing to worry about. Their voters won't vote R and neither will half the right.