PDA

View Full Version : Schumer says Sinema can keep committee assignments after leaving Democratic Party

Gunny
12-10-2022, 12:42 PM
I'll just bet she can :laugh: Wouldn't want to be the first party to piss her off, would we, Chucky? What a kiss-ass :laugh:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3768741-schumer-says-sinema-can-keep-committee-assignments-after-leaving-democratic-party/

fj1200
12-10-2022, 04:41 PM
It's not like she's not going to sign off on 95% of the Dem agenda anyway.

Kathianne
12-10-2022, 05:16 PM
It's not like she's not going to sign off on 95% of the Dem agenda anyway.

93% but point made. Lol!

BoogyMan
12-10-2022, 05:25 PM
That may change if her former party continues the rush of character assassination they currently have mounted against her.

93% but point made. Lol!

Gunny
12-10-2022, 06:55 PM
That may change if her former party continues the rush of character assassination they currently have mounted against her.I'm not going to go that far. She does not impress me as the type to be intimidated or bought. I'd say the latter is more likely than the former.

IMO, the Dems can't afford trying to intimidate her with the risk of alienating her instead hanging over it.

BoogyMan
12-10-2022, 07:01 PM
I don't think they care, that is what I am saying. The modern left is an "all-in or you are an enemy" party just like the Trumpian wing of the GOP, only I would say they are worse because they are more throat. A person can only take so much abuse.

I'm not going to go that far. She does not impress me as the type to be intimidated or bought. I'd say the latter is more likely than the former.

IMO, the Dems can't afford trying to intimidate her with the risk of alienating her instead hanging over it.

Gunny
12-10-2022, 07:09 PM
I don't think they care, that is what I am saying. The modern left is an "all-in or you are an enemy" party just like the Trumpian wing of the GOP, only I would say they are worse because they are more throat. A person can only take so much abuse.They still need Manchin's and Sinema's votes. That one vote majority they now have isn't any good without both.

I do think they care about that. We'll just have to see. That's the price of fielding losers/not prioritizing. We get to watch helplessly from the sideline.