PDA

View Full Version : DeSantis tacks further right amid 2024 speculation

Gunny
12-17-2022, 08:54 PM
Of course he "tacking further right". The media is looking beyond Trump at the next likely victim of spin and/or character assassination. Just in case. Never too early to lay the leftist/MSM groundwork for choosing the next Republican candidate, as usual :rolleyes:

Maybe they'll foist Murkowski or Collins on us this time like they did McCain and Romney. Not to mention their own backfire, Trump.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3777139-desantis-tacks-further-right-amid-2024-speculation/

jimnyc
12-18-2022, 03:26 PM
Of course he "tacking further right". The media is looking beyond Trump at the next likely victim of spin and/or character assassination. Just in case. Never too early to lay the leftist/MSM groundwork for choosing the next Republican candidate, as usual :rolleyes:

Maybe they'll foist Murkowski or Collins on us this time like they did McCain and Romney. Not to mention their own backfire, Trump.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3777139-desantis-tacks-further-right-amid-2024-speculation/

The writing is long on the wall now that Trump 2024 is a sinking ship and Desantis is the easy frontrunner. He'll be a racist and a rapist by 2024 :rolleyes:

Gunny
12-18-2022, 09:22 PM
The writing is long on the wall now that Trump 2024 is a sinking ship and Desantis is the easy frontrunner. He'll be a racist and a rapist by 2024 :rolleyes:They're already trying to get him. He's got a lot of legal challenges last I checked. Not unexpected since that's how the left rolls.

They'll try to tie him to Trump is my guess. He did support some of Trump's policies. I don't recall him specifically supporting Trump though. If he did, "when" will matter. Before or after Jan 6th?

I noticed Abbott began distancing himself from Trump more and more as Trump opened his mouth more and more.

fj1200
12-19-2022, 08:18 AM
IF the premise of the thread is true then I hope he knows when to pull it back. And because I'm keeping score at home I'm wondering what the trump policies are that DeSantis might be running on. As I recall some were good, some were bad, and some were blustery meh.

Gunny
12-19-2022, 08:46 PM
IF the premise of the thread is true then I hope he knows when to pull it back. And because I'm keeping score at home I'm wondering what the trump policies are that DeSantis might be running on. As I recall some were good, some were bad, and some were blustery meh.

Keeping score and hoping :lmao:

I'd like to see Congressional Republicans advance common sense bills to a Republican President to be signed into law. You know, that who legislative process that is supposed to happen but hasn't since Bill Clinton and everyone that followed started decreeing by EO?

I doubt most adults under the age of 40-ish even understand it. They probably think a new set of EO's every 4-8 years changing the country's direction is how it's supposed to be.

Trump wasn't 100% wrong, nor evil just because he's Trump. I agreed with his immigration/Border policy. I agreed with energy independence. I agree in general with him about the bureaucracy in DC, just not sure what anyone can do about it. Trump's a living example of how not to.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what the MSM tells us is important to us :rolleyes:

BoogyMan
12-19-2022, 11:54 PM
They will have that idiot that has been running around dressed as death on the news 24x7 before long talking about how evil "deathSantis" is...

The writing is long on the wall now that Trump 2024 is a sinking ship and Desantis is the easy frontrunner. He'll be a racist and a rapist by 2024 :rolleyes: