PDA

View Full Version : Investigation Of Afghanistan Withdrawal

Kathianne
12-21-2022, 01:42 AM
Gunny

This is the one area I really want answers. Once again I'm wishing the conservatives would get all their information, write a good timeline and explanation, then make it crystal what happened. It's not just conservatives that were very upset at the withdrawal or the aftermath.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/12/20/republican-look-afghan-withdrawal-worries-white-house/

Republican look at Afghan withdrawal worries White HouseAnalysis by Olivier Knox
with research by Caroline Anders

December 20, 2022 at 11:59 a.m. EST

Hunter Biden? No, the withdrawal from Afghanistan.

As the White House braces for a blizzard of investigations by Republicans once they formally control the House, the one into the deadly and chaotic end of the two-decade war looms as the potentially bigger political problem for President Biden.

That’s what emerges from fresh reporting by my colleagues Yasmeen Abutaleb and Dan Lamothe, who note GOP scrutiny of the withdrawal “could prove more emotionally difficult and politically damaging” than probes into the younger Biden’s financial dealings.

“The investigation would probably gear up just as President Biden launches his reelection campaign early next year,” Yasmeen and Dan noted. “That prospect is worrying to some on the Biden team, according to current and former White House aides, Pentagon officials and others across the administration, many of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity to talk candidly about a highly sensitive subject.”

“Republicans have not yet decided exactly where their inquiry will focus or how it will do its job, decisions that will depend in part on who leads key House committees.”

Who conducts the investigation?
There could be, for example, a joint investigation by the House Armed Services, Foreign Affairs and Intelligence committees, my colleagues reported. That would avoid breaking up the probe among committees that would only question agencies they oversee.

One note: Yes, Biden’s slump in job approval numbers came around the time of the withdrawal. But as The Daily 202 has written before, the collapse had started before that, with a covid resurgence, alarm over inflation and infighting over his domestic agenda.
But obviously it didn’t help. There were fuzzy numbers from the administration. There is anger about Afghans (and American citizens) being left behind after they risked their lives to help the war effort — which lingers to this day. Generals began contradicting Biden’s accounts of internal deliberations about leaving a residual force.
And the heartbreaking images from Kabul forced the White House to put off a planned presidential travel blitz that aides had hoped to use to sell Biden’s achievements on the economy, covid vaccinations and other areas, countering his drooping poll numbers.

Kathianne
12-21-2022, 03:57 PM
Things like this: https://www.foxnews.com/us/fbi-unable-determine-motive-july-indiana-mall-shooting-thwarted-man-legally-carrying-handgun

Gunny
12-22-2022, 02:03 PM
Things like this: https://www.foxnews.com/us/fbi-unable-determine-motive-july-indiana-mall-shooting-thwarted-man-legally-carrying-handgun

Not sure where you're going here. IMO, I'm wondering why the FBI has spent all that time and resources investigating something that pretty cut and dried. Shooter kills 3 people before being killed himself. That's a wrap.

On the other hand, The "why" to the Afghanistan debacle is writing on the wall. Incompetent CinC. In the situation where the entire military is being withdrawn from a country, that buck doesn't stop anywhere below that fool's desk. The decision was his. He called the shots. He got a lot of people killed directly through his incompetence, and a lot more still being killed indirectly. He abandoned allies in the field who only outed themselves based on US reassurance of support.

Had any field commander abandoned his post and his duties like that he'd be a Pvt breaking rocks UNDER Leavenworth. In actuality, he would have been relieved of his command for cause before it ever got to the state Biden allowed Afghanistan to.

It'll NEVER get anywhere near him. Congress could find all the evidence against Biden that Jan 6th committee never has and DOJ will decline to prosecute. Someone lower down in the military chain of command will bite that bullet if it ever gets that far.

Kathianne
12-22-2022, 05:06 PM
Not sure where you're going here. IMO, I'm wondering why the FBI has spent all that time and resources investigating something that pretty cut and dried. Shooter kills 3 people before being killed himself. That's a wrap.

On the other hand, The "why" to the Afghanistan debacle is writing on the wall. Incompetent CinC. In the situation where the entire military is being withdrawn from a country, that buck doesn't stop anywhere below that fool's desk. The decision was his. He called the shots. He got a lot of people killed directly through his incompetence, and a lot more still being killed indirectly. He abandoned allies in the field who only outed themselves based on US reassurance of support.

Had any field commander abandoned his post and his duties like that he'd be a Pvt breaking rocks UNDER Leavenworth. In actuality, he would have been relieved of his command for cause before it ever got to the state Biden allowed Afghanistan to.

It'll NEVER get anywhere near him. Congress could find all the evidence against Biden that Jan 6th committee never has and DOJ will decline to prosecute. Someone lower down in the military chain of command will bite that bullet if it ever gets that far.

I posted wrong link, smack on head:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-admin-rejects-afghan-heros-visa-leaving-face-possible-deportation-life-stake

Gunny
12-22-2022, 07:47 PM
I posted wrong link, smack on head:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-admin-rejects-afghan-heros-visa-leaving-face-possible-deportation-life-stakeHappens :)

"The enemy is in control, and they're going to be killing us,"

He's got that right. He's just not recognizing the enemy at his back door while he's watching the front.

Meanwhile, the asshole is doing his best to completely erase the US borders for kool-aid drinkers he the dummies think will vote for them. Abandoned fighters and their families who served the US at the risk of their and their family's lives not welcome.

I lay every bit of that on Joke Biden's doorstep. He's a disgrace.