PDA

View Full Version : McConnell Persuades Me He Has To Go

Kathianne
12-22-2022, 12:03 PM
I was probably his last defender amongst anyone I know. Between his declaration that Ukraine spending is GOP #1 concern, (I do support Ukraine and think the defeat of Russia a good thing), and his apparent approval of the insane spending 'budget' he's got to go.

Gunny
12-22-2022, 12:47 PM
Same old story. Republicans keep doing it to themselves. Wouldn't be so bad if they weren't doing it to us as well. There needs to be a "red wave" alright. One that replaces all these establishment, go along to get along, self-interested bureaucrats. That they will change anything is a scam.

WASHINGTON, D.C. — According to sources in Washington, Republicans in Congress are livid at the irresponsible spending in a $1.7 trillion omnibus bill they just voted for.
"This bill, which we passed easily and without a fight, is an absolute disaster," said Senator Mitch McConnell in a statement. "How does stuff like this get passed, anyway? It might remain a mystery forever. Anyway, time to go home for Christmas!"
As the bill is being read, many are objecting to the millions of dollars being spent on wasteful programs, evil abortion initiatives, and endless war overseas.
"You people don't understand," said Senator Romney. "If we don't fund abortion, the Democrats won't let us fund bombing cafeterias in Yemen! We have to compromise!"
Other Republicans expressed outrage at the bill while reminding the country there was nothing they could do to stop it. "Sure, we don't like that we're funding illegal immigration, border security for Tunisia, and sinister population control programs," said Lisa Murkowski, "but we're Republicans! If we fight back against this, people might not like us!"
Republicans in the Senate have assured their constituents they will address these issues next year with a series of fundraising emails for their reelection campaigns.
https://babylonbee.com/news/republicans-blast-irresponsible-17-trillion-spending-bill-they-just-voted-for

Gunny
12-22-2022, 07:55 PM
Well, I already agreed with you before you agreed with me :) This just typical "him".

Message to Republican/independent voters: You're sold out no matter what. Get used to it.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/3785395-senate-passes-1-7-trillion-omnibus-spending-package/

fj1200
12-23-2022, 09:26 AM
He's playing multiple games of chess simultaneously while the world is playing wordle. :poke:

Gunny
12-23-2022, 05:05 PM
He's playing multiple games of chess simultaneously while the world is playing wordle. :poke:Nah. He's playing what I've always said he is: spineless, establishment, 90s NEOCON. Hiding behind the sham of bipartisanship, he'd sell out his own mother.

And so once again has it come to pass. As I also previously stated, he's done just as much damage to the GOP as Donald Trump with his flim-flam man game. F*ck me once, shame on you. Keep f*cking me and me going right along, shame on me.

People need to face facts. There is no political party to oppose the descent into Hell the left is taking us.

SassyLady
12-23-2022, 11:44 PM
He's playing multiple games of chess simultaneously while the world is playing wordle. :poke:
He's playing CYA

fj1200
12-24-2022, 11:24 AM
Meh. He saved us all a month of talking heads and elected schmucks making speeches and crybabying and haranguing each other for the ultimate spending bill that would be 99.9999% the same without all the aforementioned verbal gymnastics. Gee, now I sound like rev. :eek:

But maybe we can win some more important elections next time without having to dance around someone's feelings so we can actually govern like Congress from the mid 90's.

BoogyMan
12-24-2022, 11:34 AM
McConnell is Schumer with a different letter behind his name, nothing more.

fj1200
12-24-2022, 12:09 PM
:cough: Gorsuch :cough: Kavanaugh :cough: Coney Barrett :cough:

Kathianne
12-24-2022, 12:17 PM

Those and more is why I defended for so long. This omnibus? A step too far.

BoogyMan
12-24-2022, 12:50 PM
Not really sure that makes your point, FJ.

fj1200
12-24-2022, 02:20 PM
Not really sure that makes your point, FJ.

My original point was related to this.

McConnell is Schumer with a different letter behind his name, nothing more.

Nevertheless I'm not sure why we're mad that politicians act as politicians. As far as politicians go I'd say he's been fairly effective because if you like trump stuff you should appreciate McConnell because he's responsible for any positive legacy that trump gets in spite of what trump says nowadays.

Those and more is why I defended for so long. This omnibus? A step too far.

He's doing math that most of us are completely unaware of. His comments were as follows (not that I'm telling you anything):

Well, we’re moving toward completing the business for the year, and I think in a highly productive way — from the point of view of the vast majority of Senate Republicans. This omnibus bill — it’ll be on the floor — provides a real dollar increase for the Defense baseline and a real dollar cut for the non-Defense baseline — if you exclude veterans. That is absolutely critical and breaking the pattern we’ve had in the past when we’ve ended up in one of these situations where every time Republicans tried to get an increase in defense, we would in effect have to pay a ransom to the Democrats on the domestic side, wholly aside from the needs of the country. So let’s step back and say, “What are the real needs of the country right now?” In the defense part of our expenditures, making sure the Defense Department can deal with the major threats coming from Russia and China — providing assistance for the Ukrainians to defeat the Russians. That’s the number one priority for the United States right now — according to most Republicans. That’s sort of how we see the challenges confronting the country at the moment. So admittedly, I’m pretty proud of the fact that with a Democratic president, a Democratic House, and Democratic Senate, we were able to achieve through this omnibus spending bill, essentially all of our priorities.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/what-mitch-mcconnell-actually-thinks-about-the-omnibus-bill/

Gunny
12-24-2022, 04:29 PM
He's playing CYAAren't they all :rolleyes:. That's fine. It doesn't go with the job.

Once upon a time ... I believed in all that "serving something greater than yourself" crap. Still do, but not as it applies to this country, its government, nor its people.

Once upon a time I believed it was what separated the left from the right politically. Not anymore. The left's "we know what's best for everyone" doesn't boil down any differently that the right's "it's all about me and my individuality". Not seeing much difference between being crapped on by the left, than being sold out by the right to be crapped on by the left. Final result is the same.

BoogyMan
12-24-2022, 04:59 PM
Nevertheless I'm not sure why we're mad that politicians act as politicians. As far as politicians go I'd say he's been fairly effective because if you like trump stuff you should appreciate McConnell because he's responsible for any positive legacy that trump gets in spite of what trump says nowadays.

You are going to have to learn to discern between anger and just downright sick and tired. If I were angry, you would know it. If I were mad, you would know it. Expressing disapproval does not equate to the childish one dimensional expression of "mad."

Gunny
12-24-2022, 05:29 PM
My original point was related to this.

He's doing math that most of us are completely unaware of. His comments were as follows (not that I'm telling you anything):

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/what-mitch-mcconnell-actually-thinks-about-the-omnibus-bill/

We call that putting lipstick on a pig hereabouts :rolleyes:

fj1200
12-25-2022, 07:59 AM
You are going to have to learn to discern between anger and just downright sick and tired. If I were angry, you would know it. If I were mad, you would know it. Expressing disapproval does not equate to the childish one dimensional expression of "mad."

Whatever dude.

We call that putting lipstick on a pig hereabouts :rolleyes:

When you're given a pig sometimes a little lipstick is all you can do.

BoogyMan
12-25-2022, 09:26 AM
Whatever dude.

Your inability to understand an argument that doesn't include "mad" but is based on simple disagreement is not my problem.

fj1200
12-25-2022, 11:37 AM
Your inability to understand an argument that doesn't include "mad" but is based on simple disagreement is not my problem.

Oh geez. It was a general comment of why "we're mad" and not a specific comment to why "you're mad." I'm mad that we have to Crap-for-Senators here in GA. I'm disappointed that McConnell is working from a losing deck because of why I'm mad. Your depth and complexity is noted. :rolleyes:

BoogyMan
12-25-2022, 03:11 PM
You are entertaining.

Oh geez. It was a general comment of why "we're mad" and not a specific comment to why "you're mad." I'm mad that we have to Crap-for-Senators here in GA. I'm disappointed that McConnell is working from a losing deck because of why I'm mad. Your depth and complexity is noted. :rolleyes:

Gunny
12-28-2022, 08:56 PM
Whatever dude.

When you're given a pig sometimes a little lipstick is all you can do.Get rid of the pig is working for me.