PDA

View Full Version : The Desire of God

Cheyenne
10-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Is there any doubt that God wants to be desired, just the way a woman wants to be desired? This is not some weakness in a woman, that deep longing to be desired. God feels the same way. He yearns to have an intimate relationship with us. Flowers, rivers, music, a kiss, meadows, beaches.......God has a passionate heart.

Woman is God's message to the world....in feminine form. Through woman, God makes romance a top priority. He has endowed her with qualities that speak of God. She is inviting, vulnerable, tender. She is also fiercely devoted. That's how God is; "I the Lord your God am a jealous God; I will not share your affection with any other god".

God wants to be sought after. He says, "You will seek me & find me when you seek me with all your heart". God is no harlot; He doesn't throw himself at anyone. If you are to know him, you must pursue him. "I will let you in, if I know you love me" .....just like a woman.

jackass
10-09-2007, 01:52 PM
I have never really thought of it that way. It is kinda of odd to think of it that way but I understand your point. I might be able to get used to the idea...

April15
10-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Sounds like some kinda cult thing.

darin
10-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Is there any doubt that God wants to be desired, just the way a woman wants to be desired? This is not some weakness in a woman, that deep longing to be desired. God feels the same way. He yearns to have an intimate relationship with us. Flowers, rivers, music, a kiss, meadows, beaches.......God has a passionate heart.

Woman is God's message to the world....in feminine form. Through woman, God makes romance a top priority. He has endowed her with qualities that speak of God. She is inviting, vulnerable, tender. She is also fiercely devoted. That's how God is; "I the Lord your God am a jealous God; I will not share your affection with any other god".

God wants to be sought after. He says, "You will seek me & find me when you seek me with all your heart". God is no harlot; He doesn't throw himself at anyone. If you are to know him, you must pursue him. "I will let you in, if I know you love me" .....just like a woman.

Hrm...that'd be true...except in my case, and the case of a lot of men, we want romance and devotion and junk.

Cheyenne
10-09-2007, 05:20 PM

:lmao::lmao::lmao:
So what is it; you hate women & don't understand them, you don't like being a woman & you don't still don't understand them, you have no idea about the heart of God?

April15
10-09-2007, 05:48 PM
:lmao::lmao::lmao:
So what is it; you hate women & don't understand them, you don't like being a woman & you don't still don't understand them, you have no idea about the heart of God?I am a male. The concept of a supreme being is just that a concept not fact or anything close to fact.

mrg666
10-09-2007, 08:18 PM
and i thought you were a hot 15 yr old april :laugh2:

I have never really thought of it that way. It is kinda of odd to think of it that way but I understand your point. I might be able to get used to the idea...

behave yourself :slap:

manu1959
10-09-2007, 08:52 PM
there is a speaker by the name of ray campton that talks of god this way....very interesting man.....

Cheyenne
10-10-2007, 01:14 PM
I am a male. The concept of a supreme being is just that a concept not fact or anything close to fact.

All of the happiness we've experienced & all the happiness we hope for is unreachable without a heart. You could not live, laugh, love or cry without a it. And with that heart, comes the freedom to reject God; for with a love that is personal & real comes the freedom of choice.

Psychoblues
10-10-2007, 11:55 PM
Your question came from your heart, Cheyenne. Try one from your head. These heathens on this board don't know much about the God that you and I share.

gabosaurus
10-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Hrm...that'd be true...except in my case, and the case of a lot of men, we want romance and devotion and junk.

Women want romance and devotion. Men want sex. :lmao:

darin
10-11-2007, 12:33 PM
If you're saying that based on experience, the men you've encountered may be lacking. :)

gabosaurus
10-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Well, I am speaking as a younger person. As a guy gets older, I am sure his sexual desire decreases. Mostly because he knows he is not getting it as much.

darin
10-11-2007, 12:38 PM
My sexual desire has increased in my old age - probably twice what it was when I was 25. My desire for intimacy and closeness and romance has gone down slightly so as not to burden my poor, tired-out wife. :)