PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Is Expanding Its Single-Use Bag Ban to 111 More Stores, Starting Jan. 18

Gunny
12-29-2022, 08:07 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/now/walmart-expanding-single-bag-ban-192704829.html

I have mixed emotions about this.

First emo: F*ck Walmart shoving another demanding policy in paying customers. Walmart and stores like it (most, anymore) piss me off to no end acting like their existence is doing me some kind of favor. I'M THE PAYING CUSTOMER, spending MY money in their dump for their Chinese goods. They need us. Too bad nobody even thinks about that part anymore when deal with these crapholes that are supposed to be provide a service to the customer for the customer's money. Apparently, Walmart now thinks its the US Government :rolleyes:

So they're doing away with the plastic bags and you can either buy theirs or someone else's. Just another way to make a buck while claiming to help the environment. Some help. Now we'll have non-biodegradable bags of a different material all over the place :rolleyes: You can't policy the lazy out of people.

Ideally, and second, not a bad idea. Some better salesmanship might go a long way. Speaking of coming a long way .... remember back in the day when we had those biodegradable, brown paper bags from the grocery they got rid of to save themselves a dime? Amazon delivery uses them.

All this technology and 5 decades have brought us full circle to paper bags. What happens when you try fixing things that don't need fixin'.