PDA

View Full Version : House Freedom Caucus nominates Byron Donalds for House speaker

Gunny
01-04-2023, 08:42 PM
Now the twits are flip-flopping candidates for Speaker. Is the a "We Gotta Have a Squad Too" moment? All they are doing is squandering time and power.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-freedom-caucus-to-nominate-byron-donalds-for-speaker

Kathianne
01-04-2023, 10:58 PM
Now the twits are flip-flopping candidates for Speaker. Is the a "We Gotta Have a Squad Too" moment? All they are doing is squandering time and power.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-freedom-caucus-to-nominate-byron-donalds-for-speaker

20 hold the rest hostage. Like I said, I'm all for putting up another just none of their ilk. Scalise would be fine. If McCarthy and others decide down the road to start a new group, especially if they grab folks like Tulsi, I'm with them.

Gunny
01-05-2023, 06:58 PM
20 hold the rest hostage. Like I said, I'm all for putting up another just none of their ilk. Scalise would be fine. If McCarthy and others decide down the road to start a new group, especially if they grab folks like Tulsi, I'm with them.Agreed. I am less "for" McCarthy than I am against the extremist dividers and whoever will be politically beholden to them.

Kathianne
01-05-2023, 07:45 PM
Agreed. I am less "for" McCarthy than I am against the extremist dividers and whoever will be politically beholden to them.

Yep, while there is plenty to improve within GOP, right now they should be doing the people's business.

How serious are the hostage holders? Not very. They don't have an alternative in mind, just not Kevin. Goetz is someone whom should be investigated., he may give Hunter a run for his money.

Gunny
01-05-2023, 07:53 PM
Yep, while there is plenty to improve within GOP, right now they should be doing the people's business.

How serious are the hostage holders? Not very. They don't have an alternative in mind, just not Kevin. Goetz is someone whom should be investigated., he may give Hunter a run for his money.Nail on the head: "Just not McCarthy". One could say a childish form of retribution against those who are "anyone but Trump".

The other equally important point: You clean house inside the house. Not out in the front yard and/or sidewalk. This minority of morons are putting on a show for the World to see. My takeaway from their behavior is "Who needs you? You aren't going to accomplish shit being petty obstructionists".

They seem to have forgotten what they are there for.

SassyLady
01-06-2023, 12:54 AM
McCarthy is owned by lobbyists. He should not be 3rd in line for presidency. I would have loved to see Jordan as Speaker but he does not want it.

Kathianne
01-06-2023, 01:26 AM
Nail on the head: "Just not McCarthy". One could say a childish form of retribution against those who are "anyone but Trump".

The other equally important point: You clean house inside the house. Not out in the front yard and/or sidewalk. This minority of morons are putting on a show for the World to see. My takeaway from their behavior is "Who needs you? You aren't going to accomplish shit being petty obstructionists".

They seem to have forgotten what they are there for.
Yep, have mixed up 'conservativism' with anarchy, which is what they are practicing.

BoogyMan
01-08-2023, 12:25 PM
I am not sure that I know enough about Byron Donalds to know if having the guy as speaker would be a bad thing or not. It is a moot point now.

I know a lot about having McCarthy as speaker and I am nervous about the guy. He could either be a really good speaker and do a lot of really strong conservative work for the country, or he could turn total swamp creature and bow before golden god of money in DC.

I am hoping he realizes the opportunity he has to go down in history as a truly pivotal figure and works to right the ship.