PDA

View Full Version : Stabenow to retire, creating GOP pickup opportunity in Michigan

Gunny
01-05-2023, 08:07 PM
GOP to the People: Watch how we f*ck up this opportunity like we have every other :bang3:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3800269-stabenow-to-retire-creating-gop-pickup-opportunity-in-michigan/

BoogyMan
01-08-2023, 12:42 PM
As long as Mr. Trump is running his mouth with abandon, this will go badly.

As long as Mr. McConnell is running the Senatorial campaign funding for the GOP, this will go badly.

Gunny
01-08-2023, 12:48 PM

As long as Mr. McConnell is running the Senatorial campaign funding for the GOP, this will go badly.Agreed. Whoever needs to keep especially Trump a million miles away from it. If Trump is not involved, it leaves little wiggle room for McConnell to f- it up.

I still dream about dunking a basketball too :rolleyes:

fj1200
01-08-2023, 01:57 PM

As long as Mr. McConnell is running the Senatorial campaign funding for the GOP, this will go badly.

Half right.

SassyLady
01-08-2023, 05:38 PM

As long as Rona McDaniel is leading the RNC it will go badly.

BoogyMan
01-08-2023, 09:48 PM
Good point. I didn't even think about her when I made my first assertion.

As long as Rona McDaniel is leading the RNC it will go badly.

Gunny
01-09-2023, 04:49 PM
Half right.You are correct if that is directed at yourself. If Trump involves himself, there's only a 50-50 chance McConnell will do the right thing.

Not to mention, McConnell should already be on the damned job, finding the best candidate and putting some time, money and effort behind him/her. That would not only be showing leadership and initiative, it would beat the Donald to the punch. Taking Michigan is a long shot at best as it is.

I'd just as soon neither turd be in t punchbowl :rolleyes:

Gunny
01-09-2023, 04:51 PM
As long as Rona McDaniel is leading the RNC it will go badly.Last I saw a majority of Republicans/conservatives want her replaced. Wonder why the voice of the People doesn't matter to the establishment GOP?

fj1200
01-09-2023, 05:13 PM
You are correct if that is directed at yourself. If Trump involves himself, there's only a 50-50 chance McConnell will do the right thing.

Not to mention, McConnell should already be on the damned job, finding the best candidate and putting some time, money and effort behind him/her. That would not only be showing leadership and initiative, it would beat the Donald to the punch. Taking Michigan is a long shot at best as it is.

I'd just as soon neither turd be in t punchbowl :rolleyes:

I'm all right! :dance:

trump will F it. I'm sure McConnell will do what he can but he can't control others.

Gunny
01-09-2023, 06:17 PM

trump will F it. I'm sure McConnell will do what he can but he can't control others.McConnell is a cross between a weasel and a worm. He obviously got his spine from the latter.

I cannot fathom what it is you like about someone that has sold us out at just about every turn. You hang your hat on the one thing he's done in Republicans' favor because it was no sweat off his brow to do so.

At least I can count on Trump to be an asshole. I never know if McConnell is going to at least pretend to support Republicans or just collaborate right off the bat.

I keep hearing this "compromise" BS here and there, and it's what McConnell claims he's doing when he's selling the right and the Nation down the shitter. Tell me ... when was the last time the Dems compromised? They are and have been a one way street for so long i don't remember when it was.

"Compromising" (caving at this point" with people who don't is called losing.

SassyLady
01-10-2023, 12:56 AM

trump will F it. I'm sure McConnell will do what he can but he can't control others.
Wow! Trump is all powerful but McConnell can't control his own people? In that case he definitely needs to get out.

fj1200
01-10-2023, 09:30 AM
McConnell is a cross between a weasel and a worm. He obviously got his spine from the latter.

I cannot fathom what it is you like about someone that has sold us out at just about every turn. You hang your hat on the one thing he's done in Republicans' favor because it was no sweat off his brow to do so.

At least I can count on Trump to be an asshole. I never know if McConnell is going to at least pretend to support Republicans or just collaborate right off the bat.

I keep hearing this "compromise" BS here and there, and it's what McConnell claims he's doing when he's selling the right and the Nation down the shitter. Tell me ... when was the last time the Dems compromised? They are and have been a one way street for so long i don't remember when it was.

"Compromising" (caving at this point" with people who don't is called losing.

We apparently disagree on premise.

Wow! Trump is all powerful but McConnell can't control his own people? In that case he definitely needs to get out.

You completely misread what I wrote. trump will F* it up because he doesn't care about country, party, principle, etc. McConnell can't control who is nominated for Senate seats; see 2022.

SassyLady
01-10-2023, 11:06 AM

You completely misread what I wrote. trump will F* it up because he doesn't care about country, party, principle, etc. McConnell can't control who is nominated for Senate seats; see 2022.

He controls the support they get after nominated so he had the power to make it happen. He cut his nose off to spite his enemy Trump and it hurt the country. McConnell is just as spiteful and vengeful as Trump. He's just more devious about how he does it.

Kathianne
01-10-2023, 01:02 PM
He controls the support they get after nominated so he had the power to make it happen. He cut his nose off to spite his enemy Trump and it hurt the country. McConnell is just as spiteful and vengeful as Trump. He's just more devious about how he does it.

He doesn't have to 'support' any candidate that he deems working against interests of party or country, (likely in that order unfortunately.) It actually is one of his duties by oath. I think he would have held off any funding on Trump in 2016 if it had been possible without totally destroying the party-which the Dems would have eaten up. Truth is the media pretty much elected Trump via media coverage. Not so in 2020.

SassyLady
01-10-2023, 03:44 PM
He doesn't have to 'support' any candidate that he deems working against interests of party or country, (likely in that order unfortunately.) It actually is one of his duties by oath. I think he would have held off any funding on Trump in 2016 if it had been possible without totally destroying the party-which the Dems would have eaten up. Truth is the media pretty much elected Trump via media coverage. Not so in 2020.
No, he doesn't have to but he does and he didn't.

He is as responsible for the Senate mess as Trump.

fj1200
01-10-2023, 04:05 PM

He supported Senate candidates far more than trump ever did, even the crap candidates that trump hardly threw any money at.

No, he doesn't have to but he does and he didn't.

He is as responsible for the Senate mess as Trump.

Not even close.

Gunny
01-10-2023, 07:00 PM

We disagree cuz you're wrong :poke:

Gunny
01-10-2023, 07:05 PM
He controls the support they get after nominated so he had the power to make it happen. He cut his nose off to spite his enemy Trump and it hurt the country. McConnell is just as spiteful and vengeful as Trump. He's just more devious about how he does it.I'm going to agree with that up to a point.

If McConnell was the great leader some purport him to be, Trump would never have caused as much damage as he did. Showing up a day late and dollar short with the Light Brigade and not even leading the charge doesn't impress me.

McConnell thinks he can "lead" from the rear making backroom deals, and doesn't care what he has to sacrifice so long as he can claim he got one.

Gunny
01-10-2023, 07:10 PM

The media has selected the Republican candidate since 2008, to include Trump. They pick sure losers for us. Trump was a backfire because Hitlery's own people didn't want her.

McConnell is trying to sit on the fence and that doesn't go with the position he holds. The entire current problem with the GOP is that the only people that are willing to step out front and take charge are extremist fruitloops.

Gunny
01-10-2023, 07:11 PM
He supported Senate candidates far more than trump ever did, even the crap candidates that trump hardly threw any money at.

Not even close.Close.

fj1200
01-10-2023, 07:40 PM
We disagree cuz you're wrong :poke:

I'm right cuz polls. :slap:

Gunny
01-10-2023, 08:03 PM
I'm right cuz polls. :slap:Polls don't mean crap. Their value begins and ends with with how ridiculous they are. I'm only giving that McConnell is preferable to Trump and his minions.

McConnell leading the charge to get out and get some stuff going in Michigan from the grassroots up: crickets chirping :rolleyes:

fj1200
01-10-2023, 09:35 PM
Polls don't mean crap. Their value begins and ends with with how ridiculous they are. I'm only giving that McConnell is preferable to Trump and his minions.

McConnell leading the charge to get out and get some stuff going in Michigan from the grassroots up: crickets chirping :rolleyes:

Elections results tell you who won. Exit polls tell you who voted and why.

Kathianne
01-10-2023, 11:25 PM
The media has selected the Republican candidate since 2008, to include Trump. They pick sure losers for us. Trump was a backfire because Hitlery's own people didn't want her.

McConnell is trying to sit on the fence and that doesn't go with the position he holds. The entire current problem with the GOP is that the only people that are willing to step out front and take charge are extremist fruitloops.

I agree with that. Crossing the extremists of either side means they will make your life miserable-whether public figure or not. Most folks figure it's not worth it, hard to fight one side without the other coming too.

I do agree that the country and it's good aspects are lost though, it will be everyone's fault too. Those who cause and those who refused to get involved with them.

Gunny
01-12-2023, 02:07 PM
I agree with that. Crossing the extremists of either side means they will make your life miserable-whether public figure or not. Most folks figure it's not worth it, hard to fight one side without the other coming too.

I do agree that the country and it's good aspects are lost though, it will be everyone's fault too. Those who cause and those who refused to get involved with them.Not a good quandary to find one's self in. Extremists on the right and commies on the left. The former play perfectly into the propaganda of the latter. As the right wing extremists become more outspoken, the smaller the right's footprint in government has become.

When right wing extremism takes control of right wing government, expect another civil war. They're playing this out as if they have the script from the first one and learned nothing from it. Not "the", but a reason the South lost the US Civil War is the same crap we're hearing now: "my individual rights trump all". Except a win. The States, not the Richmond government, had final say over any decision rendered by the Jefferson Davis government.

The commies on the left have complete control of the government and bureaucracy. In case none of these right wing knuckleheads are paying attention, the left has had zero problem with waging war against Americans who don't fall in line. Ruby Ridge. Elian Gonzales. Waco. Trump's house.

Most are stuck in the middle. If both sides persist with their current courses, we will be forced to choose between one extreme or the other. Trying to sit it out and not takes sides will just make one a target for BOTH extremes and no amount of logic, common sense, nor current laws will persuade either.