PDA

View Full Version : Biden basks in GOP Speaker chaos

Gunny
01-08-2023, 12:22 PM
I cannot understand giving these incapable idiots so much as an inch to use. Likewise, taking the spotlight off its complete failure at governing this Nation with some in-house, Peyton Place bullshit.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3802947-biden-basks-in-gop-speaker-chaos/

BoogyMan
01-08-2023, 12:32 PM
I don't understand all of this media-fueled angst over a wholly democratic process. There was a week of voting, debate, wrangling, and discussion.

In the end, a peaceful selection was made and compromise was required to get to that point.

We should not let the media who marches in jackbooted lockstep with the communist left define what we just watched.

I cannot understand giving these incapable idiots so much as an inch to use. Likewise, taking the spotlight off its complete failure at governing this Nation with some in-house, Peyton Place bullshit.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3802947-biden-basks-in-gop-speaker-chaos/

Gunny
01-08-2023, 01:01 PM
I don't understand all of this media-fueled angst over a wholly democratic process. There was a week of voting, debate, wrangling, and discussion.

In the end, a peaceful selection was made and compromise was required to get to that point.

We should not let the media who marches in jackbooted lockstep with the communist left define what we just watched.The media hardly tells me what to think. If I thought this was healthy, democratic debate with the goal of accomplishing something meaningful I would not be so hard on the events of the past week.

It was nothing more than a public display of jockeying for power within the party. In the military, it's called piss-poor leadership and a good way to lose command of respect with the troops. Comparatively, loss of respect of the troops = loss of respect of the voters and their votes.

Leadership cannot be out in public displaying its weaknesses to those it expects to follow it, and especially the damned enemy.

BoogyMan
01-08-2023, 01:13 PM
What we saw this week, in my view, is the process working. We have not seen compromise in so long that we no longer recognize it and no longer see the value in it.

I hope it works in our favor.