PDA

View Full Version : These Republicans were selected to chair House committees after Speaker battle delay

Gunny
01-09-2023, 06:21 PM
Rewarding bad behavior.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3805335-these-republicans-were-selected-to-chair-house-committees-after-speaker-battle-delay/

Kathianne
01-09-2023, 06:59 PM
Rewarding bad behavior.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3805335-these-republicans-were-selected-to-chair-house-committees-after-speaker-battle-delay/

Just as I said would happen. Now we get to determine who is the Schiff of GOP. My $$ on Gaetz.

SassyLady
01-10-2023, 01:05 AM
OK, how many of these leadership spots are part of the 20 holdouts?

Gunny
01-10-2023, 06:53 PM
Just as I said would happen. Now we get to determine who is the Schiff of GOP. My $$ on Gaetz.Goetz, Boebert, MTG.

Honestly, was I McCarthy, I'd have told them to pound sand before I would have agreed to the concessions he did. All he's got to do is piss off one of these pea brains. No thanks.

Just another big fail for the GOP.

SassyLady
01-10-2023, 11:56 PM
Goetz, Boebert, MTG.

Honestly, was I McCarthy, I'd have told them to pound sand before I would have agreed to the concessions he did. All he's got to do is piss off one of these pea brains. No thanks.

Just another big fail for the GOP.
I missed the part where they were made a Committe Chair.

Gunny
01-12-2023, 01:42 PM
I missed the part where they were made a Committe Chair.

I didn't miss the part where they made it easier to spread their chaos through the Republican House and crap all over the Speaker if he dares stand in their way. If this shit don't change, the Dems will have it back in 24, and other 4 years in the WH.

Kathianne
01-12-2023, 02:34 PM
I didn't miss the part where they made it easier to spread their chaos through the Republican House and crap all over the Speaker if he dares stand in their way. If this shit don't change, the Dems will have it back in 24, and other 4 years in the WH.
Gunny that's the price of exposing the swamp. Shake it up!

Gunny
01-12-2023, 02:43 PM
@Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30) that's the price of exposing the swamp. Shake it up!Agreed. I admit, I was more in sit and watch mode when Trump talked all that crap because all politicians talk all kinds of crap. Then he went and actually tried to do something with zero DC insider knowledge, and a bunch of two-faced back-stabbers he kept appointing, not knowing their true loyalty.

We're ALL paying for Trump right now. The "machine" is showing us who and/or what is in running the show, and our lives. Truth is, the rage being taken out on the people should be taken out on the bureaucracy itself because the system is what keeps giving the GOP its candidates. Trump was as much the fault of a complacent bureaucracy as it was the people rejecting Hillary.

Kathianne
01-12-2023, 03:05 PM
Agreed. I admit, I was more in sit and watch mode when Trump talked all that crap because all politicians talk all kinds of crap. Then he went and actually tried to do something with zero DC insider knowledge, and a bunch of two-faced back-stabbers he kept appointing, not knowing their true loyalty.

We're ALL paying for Trump right now. The "machine" is showing us who and/or what is in running the show, and our lives. Truth is, the rage being taken out on the people should be taken out on the bureaucracy itself because the system is what keeps giving the GOP its candidates. Trump was as much the fault of a complacent bureaucracy as it was the people rejecting Hillary.

These extremists bring to mind something my mom said to my young, more liberal self, when I told her, "Try keeping an open mind. . ."

Her reply wasn't original, but appropriate, "Sometimes a mind is so open that commonsense just rolls out. . ."

Gunny
01-12-2023, 05:46 PM
These extremists bring to mind something my mom said to my young, more liberal self, when I told her, "Try keeping an open mind. . ."

Her reply wasn't original, but appropriate, "Sometimes a mind is so open that commonsense just rolls out. . ."I have often pondered the same; although, I did not hear it from your mom :) It is the reason for the current dilemma we have been facing in regard to critical thinking. Those who would misuse critical thinking to their own ends have, and convinced people to chase rabbits down holes instead of keep their eyes on the original issue.

From my military POV, it's fine and dandy to understand you opponents' motivations/reasoning. In fact, it is (was) used widely in order to exploit the enemy's weaknesses while avoiding its strengths. However, taking your eyes off the mission trying to rewrite the rules is as bad if not worse than blundering into the enemy blindly.

We have been institutionally taught to chase the rabbits. After us came a generation of the US is wrong/guilty, followed by those that hate America. To the point that we now have a government and society filled with haters who would destroy "us", which they have no right to as they didn't earn any of it.

These boneheads would do well to remember that all those evil people that built this place are the reason their spoiled asses can sit around in luxury compared to other countries and criticize and want to destroy its very means. Current choices are unsustainable.