PDA

View Full Version : The Reverend wore rubber

gabosaurus
10-09-2007, 03:29 PM
See what I am talking about? It is very easy to talk the talk. But what are you underneath that Cloak of Christianity?
How many of you fit the bill?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/1008072scuba1.html

mrg666
10-09-2007, 07:23 PM
over the past few years the catholic priesthood as had numerous accusastions of peaophilia (usually boys)taken to court if the truth were ever known 1000's never got to court

diuretic
10-09-2007, 08:51 PM
over the past few years the catholic priesthood as had numerous accusastions of peaophilia (usually boys)taken to court if the truth were ever known 1000's never got to court

It's true that the priesthood has had a problem with paedophilia and it's true that various diocese have covered it up, sometimes in very corrupt fashion such as transferring a paedophile priest to another country to escape prosecution and then obstructing the authorities who go after him. But speculation that there are thousands more isn't helpful.

As for this poor bastard, I feel sorry for him and his family. He should have sought help long ago with his fetish. Auto-eroticism is a dangerous fetish because it is very risky to one's health, as we can see from this.

Yurt
10-09-2007, 09:57 PM
And to think, only christians are pedos. No athiests, agnostics or any other religion. Only christians.

Gabo, what is your point, other than your love of bashing those who are imperfect, but believe in One who is perfect?

darin
10-09-2007, 10:53 PM

Absolutely - If the church would more-effectively prevent homosexual priests, or HELP them with treatment, scores of young men wouldn't have suffered.

This thread - though...this story...I don't really get it. The guy enjoyed some pretty weird sexual practices - what does that have to do with his Christianity?
He enjoyed a rubber cock in his arse. He had some weird shit (no pun intended) - yet it all has nothing, imo, to do with his Christianity, or lack thereof.

gabosaurus
10-10-2007, 12:50 PM
It has a lot to do with it, actually. This is something who walked and talked as the ultimate symbol of Christianity -- a minister. Trouble is, he didn't act like one.
Anyone can walk around professing to be a Christian. But how does your private life measure up?

This dude is the ultimate symbol of the current lot of Conservative Christians. You do a lot of talking and pseudo preaching. How is your behavior? Not much if your views in this forum are taken into account.

darin
10-10-2007, 01:01 PM
It has a lot to do with it, actually. This is something who walked and talked as the ultimate symbol of Christianity -- a minister. Trouble is, he didn't act like one.
Anyone can walk around professing to be a Christian. But how does your private life measure up?

This dude is the ultimate symbol of the current lot of Conservative Christians. You do a lot of talking and pseudo preaching. How is your behavior? Not much if your views in this forum are taken into account.

So - what did he do in the privacy of his own home which leads you to believe he was not a Christian?

Sitarro
10-10-2007, 01:04 PM
This dude is the ultimate symbol of the current lot of Conservative Christians.

Where do you get that he was a conservative? I would bet that in the privacy of the voting booth he definitely voted Democrat.

gabosaurus
10-10-2007, 01:05 PM
According to your teachings, yes. If a guy is gay in the privacy of his own home, he is still gay, right?

darin
10-10-2007, 01:06 PM
What makes you think he was gay? Wha?? Was there another man involved?

hjmick
10-10-2007, 01:06 PM
According to your teachings, yes. If a guy is gay in the privacy of his own home, he is still gay, right?

Gay? Where did anything say he was gay?

PostmodernProphet
10-10-2007, 03:20 PM
guess I am naive, I assumed this thread was about birth control.....

Said1
10-10-2007, 05:53 PM

How is your behavior? I seem to recall you broadcasting intimate details about your sex life over the freaking internet. Why? My guess is to bolster your self in some sick sort way. And YOU claim to be more Christan than some here. You're a regular riot. :laugh2:

eighballsidepocket
10-10-2007, 08:14 PM
And to think, only christians are pedos. No athiests, agnostics or any other religion. Only christians.

Gabo, what is your point, other than your love of bashing those who are imperfect, but believe in One who is perfect?

Yurt: Your point makes very good sense, but I must add one thing that as Christians we do carry a heavy responsiblity to represent our Saviour in a way that glorifies Him and doesn't bring shame to Him.

Paul said in the N.T. epistles that we Christians are considered a Royal priesthood, or ambassadors of Christ. So when we sneeze or hiccup in our lives in anyway that brings disdain upon Christianity, we have indeed hurt or brought undeserved ridicule upon the church or the faith as a whole.
Folks who don't know Christ, for the last 2,000 years have been watching Christians with a magnifying glass and a fine toothed comb, always watching for us to do something that they can call us on, and yell, "Hypocrite!". It will never change, as it is the most popular rebuttle when one needs to deflect the penetrating light of God's truth away from themselves.

Christ caused many to be angered with Him, because He made people feel like sinners, because they were sinners. Some repented, and with contrite hearts received His supernatural forgiveness and new eternal life, while others couldn't stand the "heat" and let their pride rule and determine their eternal destiny.

Nothings changed in 2,000 years. :(

mrg666
10-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Absolutely - If the church would more-effectively prevent homosexual priests, or HELP them with treatment, scores of young men wouldn't have suffered.

This thread - though...this story...I don't really get it. The guy enjoyed some pretty weird sexual practices - what does that have to do with his Christianity?
He enjoyed a rubber cock in his arse. He had some weird shit (no pun intended) - yet it all has nothing, imo, to do with his Christianity, or lack thereof.

i think that the vowels of celebacy really gets to some in the end and that they in there minds think that by pleasuring themselves with a boy that this vowel is still unbroken i may be wrong but so many do / did it

diuretic
10-10-2007, 09:49 PM
i think that the vowels of celebacy really gets to some in the end and that they in there minds think that by pleasuring themselves with a boy that this vowel is still unbroken i may be wrong but so many do / did it

The celibacy rule for priests is ridiculous. I know the reason for not allowing priests to marry is that they have to devote as much time as possible to pastoral work but heck, what if they get a bit now and then (not with kids I mean, with adults) what's the problem?

Yurt
10-10-2007, 10:00 PM

I guess you are the only person who can criticize gabby as you don't have a plank in your eye. I mean you claim to be a liberal moonbat and ... you live up to that perfectly...

Yurt
10-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Yurt: Your point makes very good sense, but I must add one thing that as Christians we do carry a heavy responsiblity to represent our Saviour in a way that glorifies Him and doesn't bring shame to Him.

Paul said in the N.T. epistles that we Christians are considered a Royal priesthood, or ambassadors of Christ. So when we sneeze or hiccup in our lives in anyway that brings disdain upon Christianity, we have indeed hurt or brought undeserved ridicule upon the church or the faith as a whole.
Folks who don't know Christ, for the last 2,000 years have been watching Christians with a magnifying glass and a fine toothed comb, always watching for us to do something that they can call us on, and yell, "Hypocrite!". It will never change, as it is the most popular rebuttle when one needs to deflect the penetrating light of God's truth away from themselves.

Christ caused many to be angered with Him, because He made people feel like sinners, because they were sinners. Some repented, and with contrite hearts received His supernatural forgiveness and new eternal life, while others couldn't stand the "heat" and let their pride rule and determine their eternal destiny.

Nothings changed in 2,000 years. :(

True, however, Paul also said he was the biggest sinner and had the biggest need for Christ. You see, there are literally hundreds of millions of great christians that gabby and crew could look too. However, their hatred of anything to do with God causes them to focus on less than .0001 percent of christians (the ministers/priests) who commit sin. Sure they are more public than lay people, but no where in the bible does it say that are more perfect. If abby was sincere, she would recognize the good far outweighs the bad, however she is a liberal moonbat.

Abbey Marie
10-10-2007, 10:53 PM

Could be. Another possible theory is that access to boys and a perfect excuse for never marrying, attracts gay pedophiles.

Yurt
10-10-2007, 11:34 PM

I am sure statics can prove that more married men or non priests men commit pedo. I am also sure, the number of pedo priests/ministers is a scant minority of the overall number.

gabosaurus
10-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Could be. Another possible theory is that access to boys and a perfect excuse for never marrying, attracts gay pedophiles.

Great point Abbey. I never thought of that.
Read into the story. There are all sort of hints towards a gay fetish.

darin
10-11-2007, 12:32 PM

Was this guy a priest?

hjmick
10-11-2007, 01:01 PM

Read into the story? Seriously? Assume facts not in evidence? This is how you interpret this story? By reading into it and assuming things not mentioned? Nice work. Is this how you evaluate your political opinions? By "reading into" stories facts that are not presented? Essentially making shit up?

The only fetish "hinted" at is an anal fetish and I'm not sure that could even be called a fetish. That would all depend on whether or not you consider the anus a sexual or nonsexual part of the body. The rubber and bondage fetishes are, of course, obvious.

And when did being gay become a "fetish?" I was under the impression that being gay was just the way a person was born, genetics. I didn't realize it was a fetish.

So, according to you, being gay is not natural, it's a fetish.

Just reading into to what you wrote...

:coffee:

hjmick
10-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Was this guy a priest?

Baptist minister.

darin
10-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Baptist minister.

Tis what I thought - which makes Gabby's reply to Abbey (who was talking about gay priests molesting boys)

VERY confusing.

fwiw, Gay is a fetish...not a biological condition. It's abnormal, unhealthy, and should be treated, not condoned. :D

Abbey Marie
10-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Ministers can have pretty unfettered access to boys as well, though probably not on the level of Catholic priests with altar boys. They are often trusted counselors, for example. They don't have the easy non-marriage cover for being gay, though.

hjmick
10-11-2007, 01:51 PM
fwiw, Gay is a fetish...not a biological condition. It's abnormal, unhealthy, and should be treated, not condoned. :D

Not according to most liberals.

diuretic
10-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Not according to most liberals.

Can I now say Baptists are sexually repressed and release their sexual tensions using auto-eroticism? Or would that too be a gross generalisation? :laugh2: