PDA

View Full Version : A USC office removes 'field' from its curriculum, citing possible racist connotations

Gunny
01-15-2023, 01:20 PM
True story. THIS is what the woke has to worry about. Now a patch of ground is racist :rolleyes:

It's people like this I want to just slap upside the head as hard as I possible can. Probably won't help, but it'll make ME feel better.

https://www.npr.org/2023/01/14/11480571/usc-office-removes-field-from-curriculum-racist

BoogyMan
01-15-2023, 01:37 PM
Your link above doesn't seem to work. I found a working version included below:

https://www.npr.org/2023/01/14/1148470571/usc-office-removes-field-from-curriculum-racist

revelarts
01-16-2023, 07:09 AM
Just going to say it strait here.

This is what we get when we leave our Biblical understanding of the world.
Random arbitrary rules and edicts from whoever is in power.

People complained that the mean Ol prudish Christians don't want people cuss or take God's name in vain. And a general rule to be kind to all your neighbors..

See what happens when there's no objective standard of behavior for people to refer to for themselves. Random shifts based on whims of those in seats power to enforce any arbitrary BS.

If God doesn't say what man & women are then anything goes.
If Some rando "leader" Decides chocolate or vanilla ice cream is racist. Or you must use the proper pronouns, never mention the holocaust, and people lose jobs over not bowing to the new rule then so be it.

If there's no OBJECTIVE standard as a basis for reality then people can and do make up whatever they want. And live it out, even as they run into the brick wall of God's reality that we all live under ..even if we don't want to admit it.

Society just can't move or 'move on' to whatever standard it thinks is best. God has created reality HIS way. And we live best understanding what he made and under his rules.
When we really understand that culturally and politically ( militarily ...personally) we generally get better outcomes.

revelarts
01-16-2023, 08:43 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmlS0HXWQAAyQlk?format=jpg&name=smallhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmlS0HWWYAI-ZxP?format=jpg&name=small

ANYTHING goes once you lose the standard.

You can't pretend that "everyone" knows what's right. We've been living off the FUMES of a Christian cultural consensus.
thinking that somehow the benefit's of that framework are not going to go a away if we abandon it's foundation.

the basis of the west's understanding of the world is/was Christian.
God made the Heavens & the Earth. (God is the Boss)
God made them Male & Female (there are 2 genders)
God made male AND female in the image of God. (humans have innate worth and are higher than animals (and fell into sin))
From those 2 Initial human beings EVERY human being on the earth came. (every human being are literally FAMILY, treat each other as such)

our values, and morals, and freedoms spring from this foundational understanding of the world.
Even when we don't say so explicitly.

Reject that, and start with human beings are simply a collection of molecules
'somehow' sprung to life by "evolution" & came from 'ape-like creatures' ,
who's brains/thoughts are just a bunch of random bio-electrical impulses controlled by environmental factors.

Then there are no objective morals, reality is meaningless & power is the only force that matters.
Plus reality itself can be questioned since our personal feelings are the standard rather than so called objective reality,
Also how can you trust the mind of former apes operating on instincts and fears.

Without a basic understanding & trust in God's POV, it's a ball of confusion where ANYONE can remove or interject arbitrary lines in the sand.

Whatever the the new CULTure demands.
Sad thing is most people will ride the wave of crazy as long as they can maintain a certain amount of personal peace and affluence.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fkzlc59XwAACckm?format=png&name=small

fj1200
01-16-2023, 10:24 AM
Any word from Kaepernick and his desires to return to the football field?

Gunny
01-16-2023, 11:48 AM
Just going say it strait here.

This is what we get when we leave our Biblical understanding of the world.
Random arbitrary rules and edicts from whoever is in power.

People complained that the mean Ol prudish Christians don't want people cuss or take God's name in vain. And a general rule to be kind to all your neighbors..

See what happens when there's no objective standard of behavior for people to refer to for themselves. Random shifts based on whims of those in seats power to enforce any arbitrary BS.

If God doesn't say what man & women are then anything goes.
If Some rando "leader" Decides chocolate or vanilla ice cream is racist. Or you must use the proper pronouns, never mention the holocaust, and people lose jobs over not bowing to the new rule then so be it.

If there's no OBJECTIVE standard as a basis for reality then people can and do make up whatever they want. And live it out, even as they run into the brick wall of God's reality that we all live under ..even if we don't want to admit it.

Society just can't move or 'move on' to whatever standard it thinks is best. God has created reality HIS way. And we live best understanding what he made and under his rules.
When we really understand that culturally and politically ( militarily ...personally) we generally get better outcomes.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmlS0HXWQAAyQlk?format=jpg&name=smallhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmlS0HWWYAI-ZxP?format=jpg&name=small

ANYTHING goes once you lose the standard.

You can't pretend that "everyone" knows what's right. We've been living off the FUMES of a Christian cultural consensus.
thinking that somehow the benefit's of that framework are not going to go a away if we abandon it's foundation.

the basis of the west's understanding of the world is/was Christian.
God made the Heavens & the Earth. (God is the Boss)
God made them Male & Female (there are 2 genders)
God made male AND female in the image of God. (humans have innate worth and are higher than animals (and fell into sin))
From those 2 Initial human beings EVERY human being on the earth came. (every human being are literally FAMILY, treat each other as such)

our values, and morals, and freedoms spring from this foundational understanding of the world.
Even when we don't say so explicitly.

Reject that, and start with human beings are simply a collection of molecules
'somehow' sprung to life by "evolution" & came from 'ape-like creatures' ,
who's brains/thoughts are just a bunch of random bio-electrical impulses controlled by environmental factors.

Then there are no objective morals, reality is meaningless & power is the only force that matters.
Plus reality itself can be questioned since our personal feelings are the standard rather than so called objective reality,
Also how can you trust the mind of former apes operating on instincts and fears.

Without a basic understanding & trust in God's POV, it's a ball of confusion where ANYONE can remove or interject arbitrary lines in the sand.

Whatever the the new CULTure demands.
Sad thing is most people will ride the wave of crazy as long as they can maintain a certain amount of personal peace and affluence.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fkzlc59XwAACckm?format=png&name=small

Interesting take, in more ways than one. I agree with the premise of your comments where people who don't fear consequences for their actions is concerned. Be it God's laws/punishment or Man's/society's. Our (Euro-Western) society is not the first nor only one to go down the crapper the exact same ways for the exact same reasons. Every great, so-called "democratic" society has fallen on its own sword.

Progressives exist to change what is. Conservatives exist to preserve it. The former is relentless in its attack against the status quo while the latter is always on defense, losing bits and pieces a little at a time, but always losing. We are at the point where progressives have few if any common sense walls to tear down and have resorted to inventing them.

Bearing in mind you didn't join the board yesterday, I have to also bear in mind that in my, generation-before-yours opinion, you are part of the problem. You undermine government which undermines the law at every chance. A perfect example is yours and others stance on COVID vaccines. Screw what's best for the whole, my individual rights are more important. Do try to stick with the example rather than running off down a rabbit hole on vaccines. The point is, you and those who think like you place yourself above society every bit as much as some dork that wants to dress like a chick.

It's just a matter of extremes. I'll give you that not wanting to get a vaccination doesn't reach the level of defying the actual, physical science of what's between your legs, but the premise is the same.

Don't think I'm picking on just you, as you are wont to do. In my personal, individual opinion, God holds me to His standard and it is that standard I try to meet. You call your argument objective, but it is hardly. It's subjective to your religious beliefs, as is mine.

Our society holds itself to the standard of hedonism. It has discarded God as inconvenient to that. On its current course, this society is going down, and it's taking us with it. We already do not live in the society I grew up in. It hasn't gotten better.

You learn to exist within the confines of its walls while maintaining YOUR personal integrity, or you can try and fight it and lose, or you can try and get out. No matter how you look at it, it will never be exactly what you want.

revelarts
01-16-2023, 10:35 PM
....Progressives exist to change what is. Conservatives exist to preserve it. The former is relentless in its attack against the status quo while the latter is always on defense, losing bits and pieces a little at a time, but always losing. We are at the point where progressives have few if any common sense walls to tear down and have resorted to inventing them.&nbsp; Bearing in mind you didn't join the board yesterday, I have to also bear in mind that in my, generation-before-yours opinion, you are part of the problem. You undermine government which undermines the law at every chance. A perfect example is yours and others stance on COVID vaccines. Screw what's best for the whole,&nbsp;<em>my individual rights</em>&nbsp;are more important. Do try to stick with the example rather than running off down a rabbit hole on vaccines. The point is, you and those who think like you place yourself above society every bit as much as some dork that wants to dress like a chick.&nbsp; It's just a matter of extremes. I'll give you that not wanting to get a vaccination doesn't reach the level of defying the actual, physical science of what's between your legs, but the premise is the same. ...

Concerning this bit. Look, i know you were raised to believe the gov't (unless it's democrats).
and have lived a life of Obeying orders.... even dumb ones... for the supposed good of the team.
So i do think i hear your POV. and I'm sorry you cannot wrap your head around Gov't and authority being held to the account by the citizens & to the constitution. EVERY DAY.
I've been on military bases and have seen the photos of the chain of commands. And I've alway wondered why they never post a copy of the constitution above the head of the CiC. AND maybe even a representative photo of "the People" above that.
I may be wrong, but it seems to me that you don't really understand NOT being under some human "authority". Under some Command that should be obeyed without question.
The Idea of Freedom to you and me are somewhat different. Freedom to me is NOT a bunch of permission slips from the gov't.
It's NOT being under the authority of the Gov't EXCEPT in the limited areas the constitution outlines.
Totalitarianism (Fascism, Communism, Dictatorships )is where the gov't tell the the people what to do "for the greater good".
Where the gov't spies on it's people 24/7
Where gov't tell it's people it can travel here or there.
Where gov't forces people to take experimental drugs and NOT question them. etc etc

Look, when someone joins the military they often EXPECT that kind of treatment. The Military IS a Dictatorship. But Gunny the citizens of the USA are not members of the military. The military/gov't WORKS for us. For you now... supposedly. Not the other way around. I'm really sorry you think freedom is myth and every citizen should just obey the gov't when they bark an order.

Concerning "the difference" in me and others. I pointed it Out. Freedom UNDER GOD's design for human activity is where the LINE is drawn for me Gunny. For everyone, wether they know it or not.
I hoped I'd made that clear. Not sure why you think men claiming to be women. (Clearly OVER god's line.) Is on same line of rebellion with someone NOT giving their God given body over to a secular govt' for an experimental vaccine.
At this point Now everyone Knows what i and others thought early on.
That the Vaccines NEVER stopped transmission, that most people DID NOT need them, that natural immunity was better.
so there was NEVER a greater good, the team didn't need me or you to comply. the the Gov't was wrong, I believe they were LYING.
Does God want us to obey gov't lies?
Also Can you tell me, or show me, where God says it's wrong to question the gov't?
or that we should never defy our gov'ts.
Was George Washington wrong? Would you have supported him in his extremism in disobeying gov't orders to pay taxes etc for the greater good?
Was he like a drag queen too?

Interesting take, in more ways than one. I agree with the premise of your comments where people who don't fear consequences for their actions is concerned. Be it God's laws/punishment or Man's/society's. Our (Euro-Western) society is not the first nor only one to go down the crapper the exact same ways for the exact same reasons. Every great, so-called "democratic" society has fallen on its own sword.
Don't think I'm picking on just you, as you are wont to do. In my personal, individual opinion, God holds me to His standard and it is that standard I try to meet. You call your argument objective, but it is hardly. It's subjective to your religious beliefs, as is mine.
Our society holds itself to the standard of hedonism. It has discarded God as inconvenient to that. On its current course, this society is going down, and it's taking us with it. We already do not live in the society I grew up in. It hasn't gotten better.
You learn to exist within the confines of its walls while maintaining YOUR personal integrity, or you can try and fight it and lose, or you can try and get out. No matter how you look at it, it will never be exactly what you want.
yep, In the end all any of us can do is maintain our personal integrity in whatever circumstances we find ourselves.
But Folks like, the founders, John Brown, Susan B Anthony, MLK etc also pushed the gov't to live up to... OR CLOSER TO it's ideals of freedom under the constitution and under God Gunny.
I'll stand by what i said.

And as far as God is concerned either he's an Objective reality or He's your personal head-game and and He doesn't really matter because he's not real.
Objective equals Real, whether you believe it or NOT. Subjective is simply a personal preference or personal belief.
Is the God you believe in subjective, just your personal ideas, or actually real outside of yourself?

Gunny
01-18-2023, 10:35 AM
Concerning this bit. Look, i know you were raised to believe the gov't (unless it's democrats).
and have lived a life of Obeying orders.... even dumb ones... for the supposed good of the team.
So i do think i hear your POV. and I'm sorry you cannot wrap your head around Gov't and authority being held to the account by the citizens & to the constitution. EVERY DAY.
I've been on military bases and have seen the photos of the chain of commands. And I've alway wondered why they never post a copy of the constitution above the head of the CiC. AND maybe even a representative photo of "the People" above that.
I may be wrong, but it seems to me that you don't really understand NOT being under some human "authority". Under some Command that should be obeyed without question.
The Idea of Freedom to you and me are somewhat different. Freedom to me is NOT a bunch of permission slips from the gov't.
It's NOT being under the authority of the Gov't EXCEPT in the limited areas the constitution outlines.
Totalitarianism (Fascism, Communism, Dictatorships )is where the gov't tell the the people what to do "for the greater good".
Where the gov't spies on it's people 24/7
Where gov't tell it's people it can travel here or there.
Where gov't forces people to take experimental drugs and NOT question them. etc etc

Look, when someone joins the military they often EXPECT that kind of treatment. The Military IS a Dictatorship. But Gunny the citizens of the USA are not members of the military. The military/gov't WORKS for us. For you now... supposedly. Not the other way around. I'm really sorry you think freedom is myth and every citizen should just obey the gov't when they bark an order.

Concerning "the difference" in me and others. I pointed it Out. Freedom UNDER GOD's design for human activity is where the LINE is drawn for me Gunny. For everyone, wether they know it or not.
I hoped I'd made that clear. Not sure why you think men claiming to be women. (Clearly OVER god's line.) Is on same line of rebellion with someone NOT giving their God given body over to a secular govt' for an experimental vaccine.
At this point Now everyone Knows what i and others thought early on.
That the Vaccines NEVER stopped transmission, that most people DID NOT need them, that natural immunity was better.
so there was NEVER a greater good, the team didn't need me or you to comply. the the Gov't was wrong, I believe they were LYING.
Does God want us to obey gov't lies?
Also Can you tell me, or show me, where God says it's wrong to question the gov't?
or that we should never defy our gov'ts.
Was George Washington wrong? Would you have supported him in his extremism in disobeying gov't orders to pay taxes etc for the greater good?
Was he like a drag queen too?

yep, In the end all any of us can do is maintain our personal integrity in whatever circumstances we find ourselves.
But Folks like, the founders, John Brown, Susan B Anthony, MLK etc also pushed the gov't to live up to... OR CLOSER TO it's ideals of freedom under the constitution and under God Gunny.
I'll stand by what i said.

And as far as God is concerned either he's an Objective reality or He's your personal head-game and and He doesn't really matter because he's not real.
Objective equals Real, whether you believe it or NOT. Subjective is simply a personal preference or personal belief.
Is the God you believe in subjective, just your personal ideas, or actually real outside of yourself?Context is key. I do not presume to hold God as objective nor subjective. God just "is".

Insofar as where God stands in the societies of Man is subjective. Everybody's got an opinion. Hardly objective.

It appears you are also incapable of grasping the concept of "team" and placing the needs of the whole above the desires of the few. Society neither exists nor functions at the individual level but for the individual's contribution to society.

It isn't that I don't understand you, nor your arguments. Some people make choices -- choose serving one's self or serving others. What is it your Bible says about THAT? Rather than not understanding, I understand all too well an inefficient, ineffective people, government, society. I live in one.

It has not gone unnoticed that you think you have some knowledge of the military, but you really have no clue. You reject as a person everything it stands for. But you have no problem living in its shadow and enjoying the things it has given you.

No Nation, people, society has existed that was not put in place by military force. That requires a military. If the military is made up of cats all running in every direction doing as they please, YOU have no place to exist. Common sense and logic: working together as a team will ALWAYS win over individuals.

The military could easily function just fine without you or your inefficient, ineffective government and self-serving people. The people on the other hand, cannot exist without the military. There's a reason. Just as there is a reason that when called upon, you have to play as part of the team to defend your society or your society will disappear.

This decadent, decaying Nation and its selfish, hedonist values is on a one way track to Hell because its no longer a cohesive unit with a singular will, even if that will" is merely to survival. All about me and what I want :rolleyes:

revelarts
01-18-2023, 12:07 PM
Context is key. I do not presume to hold God as objective nor subjective. God just "is".
Yes,
He is.
By default that means objective.

maybe I'm too simply, but I can't understand it any other way.

Insofar as where God stands in the societies of Man is subjective. Everybody's got an opinion. Hardly objective.
People opinions about the grand canyon doesn't changes it's facts.
If someone walks over a ledge in the canyon where they believed there was a 2 foot drop but it was 200 foot, then there's an objective problem.
Wether society gets it or not.

It appears you are also incapable of grasping the concept of "team" and placing the needs of the whole above the desires of the few. Society neither exists nor functions at the individual level but for the individual's contribution to society.

It isn't that I don't understand you, nor your arguments. Some people make choices -- choose serving one's self or serving others. What is it your Bible says about THAT? Rather than not understanding, I understand all too well an inefficient, ineffective people, government, society. I live in one.
"Choose serving one's self or serving others. What is it your Bible says about THAT?"
Daniel
Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him, “King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from Your Majesty’s hand. But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.
Acts
“We gave you strict orders not to teach in this name,” he said. “Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man’s blood.”
Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than human beings!
1 Corinthians
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price.
Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Plus getting the vaccine NEVER helped others Gunny. NEVER.
It NEVER stopped transmission. and Never stopped anyone from getting the virus.
God wants us to operate on the TRUTH, in all realms, not blind faith in gov't pronouncements.
In medicine people get 2nd and 3rd opinions REGULARLY. maybe you have before too. How did that somehow become a SIN in your mind?

It has not gone unnoticed that you think you have some knowledge of the military, but you really have no clue. You reject as a person everything it stands for. But you have no problem living in its shadow and enjoying the things it has given you.

No Nation, people, society has existed that was not put in place by military force. That requires a military. If the military is made up of cats all running in every direction doing as they please, YOU have no place to exist. Common sense and logic: working together as a team will ALWAYS win over individuals.

The military could easily function just fine without you or your inefficient, ineffective government and self-serving people. The people on the other hand, cannot exist without the military. There's a reason. Just as there is a reason that when called upon, you have to play as part of the team to defend your society or your society will disappear.

This decadent, decaying Nation and its selfish, hedonist values is on a one way track to Hell because its no longer a cohesive unit with a singular will, even if that will" is merely to survival. All about me and what I want :rolleyes:

All due respect Gunny, but it seems you've placed the military nearly in the place of God.

correct me if i'm wrong but
The U.S. survived well into the 1930's without having the most powerful or organized military in the world.
The Revolutionary war was won by irregular citizen troops and some help from the French.
The Afghanistanis warlords held off Russia and U.S./NATO military for nearly 40 years. U.S. military style "team work" there?
Today you expect or hope that Ukraine will, with a rag tag bunch of newly trained Ukrainians (some NAZIS) and a bunch of U.S. operators and mercenaries to win against Russia's team.

Look, I don't pretend to have your knowledge of "the military".
And sorry, I'll never have the level of respect for it that you desired for me & others to have.
But the level of respect i have for it is not small, but it is subjective/biased based on the knowledge & experience I have.
Your's, I suspect, is a bit subjective/bias as well. Based on your knowledge, long association, respect & love of the institution and it's accomplishments and your own.

We'd agree that OBJECTIVELY the U.S. Military is a powerful and important force in the world today.

SassyLady
01-18-2023, 08:42 PM
God wants us to operate on the TRUTH, in all realms, not blind faith in gov't pronouncements.
In medicine people get 2nd and 3rd opinions REGULARLY. maybe you have before too. How did that somehow become a SIN in your mind?

My family and friends are my team. My team decided the vaccine didn't protect or help us so we each made our own decision to not vaccinate. We got covid, we survived.

Gunny
01-19-2023, 10:22 AM
Yes,
He is.
By default that means objective.

maybe I'm too simply, but I can't understand it any other way.

People opinions about the grand canyon doesn't changes it's facts.
If someone walks over a ledge in the canyon where they believed there was a 2 foot drop but it was 200 foot, then there's an objective problem.
Wether society gets it or not.

"Choose serving one's self or serving others. What is it your Bible says about THAT?"
Daniel
Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him, “King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from Your Majesty’s hand. But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.
Acts
“We gave you strict orders not to teach in this name,” he said. “Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man’s blood.”
Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than human beings!
1 Corinthians
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price.
Therefore honor God with your bodies.

All due respect Gunny, but it seems you've placed the military nearly in the place of God.

correct me if i'm wrong but
The U.S. survived well into the 1930's without having the most powerful or organized military in the world.
The Revolutionary war was won by irregular citizen troops and some help from the French.
The Afghanistanis warlords held off Russia and U.S./NATO military for nearly 40 years. U.S. military style "team work" there?
Today you expect or hope that Ukraine will, with a rag tag bunch of newly trained Ukrainians (some NAZIS) and a bunch of U.S. operators and mercenaries to win against Russia's team.

Look, I don't pretend to have your knowledge of "the military".
And sorry, I'll never have the level of respect for it that you desired for me & others to have.
But the level of respect i have for it is not small, but it is subjective/biased based on the knowledge & experience I have.
Your's, I suspect, is a bit subjective/bias as well. Based on your knowledge, long association, respect & love of the institution and it's accomplishments and your own.

We'd agree that OBJECTIVELY the U.S. Military is a powerful and important force in the world today.IMO, this is the most nonsensical, presumptuous, out of context response I've seen from you.

I place military order above YOUR disorderly, dysfunctional, grabastic, selfish/self-serving society. You bet. Because it is. If for no other reason, it is more efficient and effective. I have the "luxury" of having lived in BOTH societies. You don't. Reading a book is all well and good, but it isn't the same as being there.

The Revolutionary War was won by the organized, Continental Army that barely held onto its ass until France intervened as an extension of whatever war it was having with Britain at the time in Europe.

We were one colony in the British Empire and the Brits were at war in a dozen places around the World, especially Europe. We were a sideshow to them. We really overplay our importance in World history. Had Britain focused all its might against us they would have crushed this place. They almost did as it was and it wasn't any "irregulars" that finally got Britain to withdraw. IT was a the combined Continental and French armies that did. France completely bailed us financially/logistically.

Our location/isolation had more to do with our continuing existence than anything else. The logistics of invading this place was and still is daunting. Still, in every skirmish/war we engaged in, it was the US military that decided the outcome.

Afghanistan itself has held off invaders throughout history. It's a Hellscape of mountains and caves. "Holding off" forces isn't the same as defeating them on the battlefield. Neither Russia not US/NATO forces lost a single battle. You should however spare yourself the embarrassment of comparing creampuff, American society and Afghans who were willing to die for their piece of turf.

I can pull up pages of Bible verses too. I think not. Cherrypicking the Word trying to win an internet argument just seems wrong to me.

You cannot, as usual, support your nonsense regarding vaccination. The exceptions to the rule to continually try to pass off as the rule are still just exceptions and do nothing but provide further support for the vaccine by their very exception.