PDA

View Full Version : More McCarthy holdouts added to House Oversight, Judiciary committees

Gunny
01-18-2023, 10:50 AM
May have "paid off" for individuals. I don't see where it helps the party nor its constituents at all to have ill-mannered, obstructionist crybabies in positions to further hold up government, if that's possible. Another example of individuals placing themselves before the team and the GOP resembles exactly that.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/more-mccarthy-holdouts-added-house-oversight-judiciary-committees

SassyLady
01-18-2023, 08:25 PM
May have "paid off" for individuals. I don't see where it helps the party nor its constituents at all to have ill-mannered, obstructionist crybabies in positions to further hold up government, if that's possible. Another example of individuals placing themselves before the team and the GOP resembles exactly that.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/more-mccarthy-holdouts-added-house-oversight-judiciary-committees

Meh...we survived the idiot democrats on those committees ... we'll survive this.

Gunny
01-19-2023, 10:28 AM
Meh...we survived the idiot democrats on those committees ... we'll survive this.I disagree. For one, the Republican party already doesn't represent me. It represents itself, same as the Dems.

The Dems being the more evil of the two, the Republican't's are quickly squandering any defense against the former they may have provided. They're barely hanging on by a thread. If they don't change course, get it together, and do something positive for the People, (not themselves) they're going to lose that thread they're clinging too as well.

We are the ones that have to survive. I don't see the government in its current form doing anything toward that end.

SassyLady
01-19-2023, 07:38 PM
I disagree. For one, the Republican party already doesn't represent me. It represents itself, same as the Dems.

The Dems being the more evil of the two, the Republican't's are quickly squandering any defense against the former they may have provided. They're barely hanging on by a thread. If they don't change course, get it together, and do something positive for the People, (not themselves) they're going to lose that thread they're clinging too as well.

We are the ones that have to survive. I don't see the government in its current form doing anything toward that end.

These new members on these specific committees will not do any more harm than Swalwell, Shifty or Omar. We will survive.

Why people are turning into such alarmists about these committee members after not being alarmists about when the spy, the liar and the racist were on them is baffling.