View Full Version : Marijuana

SpidermanTUba
10-10-2007, 10:11 AM

hjmick
10-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Legalize it.

darin
10-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Doesn't bother me - but it wouldn't be the reason I vote for a candidate.

dan
10-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Yes, please.

Sitarro
10-10-2007, 12:36 PM
I miss it.

I smoked everyday for the last 35 years and quit cold turkey a year ago to get a part time job, no problem quitting but I did start smoking more cigars. Still don't really drink, I've had the same six pack of "Fat Tire Ale" in my fridge for the last six months. I also keep buying bottles of Pinot for the art on the labels rather than to drink.

I had become quite mature in how I smoked, I used a one-hitter and would take a couple hits in the morning and a hit now and then across the day, depending on what I was doing. When I was younger it was a different story, mostly because of peer pressure. I had a couple of friends who were dealers who always had plenty and would roll huge Bob Marley spliffs, I remember one year, for New Years, a friend used the giant rolling paper that came with the Cheech and Chong's "Big Bambu" album and used over an ounce to roll it. We were in an old wood frame house in Louisiana with ten foot ceilings and there was six of us. Before we smoked half of it we were standing in smoke to our wastes, it was hard to see each other to pass it. The next year he used four ounces and a french bread wrapper, that was really nuts.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Like anything else(including water), substances like this will can be abused and effect everyone in a different way. The same person with an addictive personality that gets addicted to alcohol will probably become addicted to pot but I have known a great deal of people that have smoked it at one point or another during their lives with absolutely no outwardly ill effects. It is nowhere near the danger that alcohol or even tobacco is. I have never heard of a single person killed from smoking it. Sure, the police will claim that it had an effect in an accident but I wonder how they determine that. People that smoke tend to drive too slow and too cautiously, the exact opposite of the drunk driver.

If it was legal, I doubt that my habits would change.

5stringJeff
10-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Doesn't bother me - but it wouldn't be the reason I vote for a candidate.

Word.