PDA

View Full Version : Eight Republicans who could challenge Trump in 2024

Gunny
02-04-2023, 01:07 PM
Since the guessing is already starting ...

whatever 20 clowns they round up for their circus will surely have another "debate" on the tube. Because that has worked so well in the past. F- that. Get THE strongest candidate that actually represents something and have him/her challenge the Dem candidate to a debate and make the Dem, not a dozen or so Republicans, look like the idiot on National TV.

And DON'T debate Trump. He'll turn it into a muckraking contest.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3842885-eight-republicans-who-could-challenge-trump-in-2024/

jimnyc
02-05-2023, 06:50 PM
Trump apparently now leads the empty head Biden for 2024. Will folks within politics jump back on board with him should he take the front of the pack, or win the nomination? Some for political reasons while I think a large portion of support is gone.

Gunny
02-06-2023, 09:20 AM
Trump apparently now leads the empty head Biden for 2024. Will folks within politics jump back on board with him should he take the front of the pack, or win the nomination? Some for political reasons while I think a large portion of support is gone.

Agreed. I don't see him ever regaining the support he had 2016-2020. It's self-inflicted. Pretty sure he's down to his loyal core followers.

On the other hand, I don't see Biden getting the support he got in 2020, combined with non-support for Trump from the right.

In a perfect World, no one would show up for a Biden-Trump Presidential race.

jimnyc
02-06-2023, 02:44 PM
Agreed. I don't see him ever regaining the support he had 2016-2020. It's self-inflicted. Pretty sure he's down to his loyal core followers.

On the other hand, I don't see Biden getting the support he got in 2020, combined with non-support for Trump from the right.

In a perfect World, no one would show up for a Biden-Trump Presidential race.

And I guess more importantly, what will 'former followers' of his do should he win the primary? He may very well still win, but then would he have enough support to win the presidency? I think a lot more may stay home if that were the case, after seeing his actions after 2020. Even with all of the weirdness in the election - he still went about things very wrongly IMO, and said a lot of wacky and zany shit.

Gunny
02-07-2023, 09:53 AM
And I guess more importantly, what will 'former followers' of his do should he win the primary? He may very well still win, but then would he have enough support to win the presidency? I think a lot more may stay home if that were the case, after seeing his actions after 2020. Even with all of the weirdness in the election - he still went about things very wrongly IMO, and said a lot of wacky and zany shit.

I can't vote for him again. As a reminder, I did twice. His personal and political conduct since the 2020 election shot himself in the ass with me. He's cost the GOP the Senate twice with his "all about me" BS. No telling how many actual seats he cost the GOP in Congress, in general.

There's no future with him. He would walk in a lame duck on term limitations alone. Not to mention half the GOP in Congress STILL wouldn't support him. While I realize there are those that would be all for it (the aforementioned loyal, core followers), I don't want to watch 4 years of Trump going after political revenge he may or may not get on a miniscule scale not worth the effort, while simultaneously guaranteeing is a Dem President to follow.

We need to move forward, not go back to relive 2020 to smooth one man's ego.