PDA

View Full Version : McCarthy defends ‘passionate’ Republicans who heckled Biden during State of the Union

Gunny
02-08-2023, 11:10 AM
While each outburst was factually correct, the MSM is having a field day with the antics of Republican hecklers during the SOU. Only advice I can offer McCarthy is when the children can't behave in public they just don't get to go. That's about what it amounts to IMO.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/3849109-mccarthy-defends-passionate-gopers-who-heckled-biden-during-state-of-the-union/

Kathianne
02-08-2023, 12:04 PM
While each outburst was factually correct, the MSM is having a field day with the antics of Republican hecklers during the SOU. Only advice I can offer McCarthy is when the children can't behave in public they just don't get to go. That's about what it amounts to IMO.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/3849109-mccarthy-defends-passionate-gopers-who-heckled-biden-during-state-of-the-union/

I think both leadership and child members should recall that some, i.e., me; actually voted for Trump 2nd time due to Pelosi's SOTU disrespect.

Mr. P
02-08-2023, 02:15 PM

I would agree 100% if we're talking about children but we're not.

Personally, I'm happy to see that the representatives on the right have finally developed a backbone (like a ramrod!) rather than sit silently as they have for many many years and take the abuse and false misleading statements from the party of the left.

Kathianne
02-08-2023, 02:27 PM

Personally, I'm happy to see that the representatives on the right have finally developed a backbone (like a ramrod!) rather than sit silently as they have for many many years and take the abuse and false misleading statements from the party of the left.

I agree with standing up to the lies in the way Huckabee did. I don't agree with acting like hecklers during speeches-it's a form of cancelling, every bit as wrong whichever side does it.

hjmick
02-08-2023, 03:13 PM
Defending the indefensible...

If I were still a registered Republican, I'd be embarrassed...

Mr. P
02-08-2023, 03:24 PM
I agree with standing up to the lies in the way Huckabee did. I don't agree with acting like hecklers during speeches-it's a form of cancelling, every bit as wrong whichever side does it.

Sure the right could have set in silence as usual. Today's MSM talking points would have been the same old same old: The Republicans want to take your Social Security!, spend more money on the border (but not secure it?). Just what we heard in the SOU last night.

I doubt as many Citizens heard the huckabee response.

So, in the end I only heard heckling from MTG which I agree is inappropriate.
The rest of the grumbling from the Republicans, a good thing IMO.

Black Diamond
02-08-2023, 03:39 PM
Maybe Pelosi set the tone or a precedent when she tore up Trump's speech.

Black Diamond
02-08-2023, 06:09 PM
I wonder how many watched Huckabee Sanders' speech vs Biden's.

Gunny
02-09-2023, 09:31 AM

I agree with both sentiments and will be the first to say I have no idea what the right answer is. For DECADES (minimum) I would almost spin myself out of my chair and through the ceiling, pissed off at WHY Republicans just sat there and took it with absolutely no response. Wouldn't even respond to the BS separately, just pretend it never happened. If questioned they'd claim "high road".

In my "perfect World" where it would matter, reaching out and slapping the f-ing taste out of a liar's flapping suck works.

On the other hand, look at what these antics have achieved. More fodder for the leftist media to use against the right. Everything now from the left/MSM/current admin begins with "MAGA Republicans ..." in a denigrating/derogatory tone as if they person speaking is spitting dirt out of his/her babbling suck. And that is the message the overwhelming majority is getting. Psycho, MAGA Republicans from the extreme right have hijacked the party.

And why not run with that narrative? The left wants to maintain the status quo of spineless Republican't's cowtowing to its every demand/threat/accusation. Aiding and abetting the left is the specific people who are acting out. They ARE rightwing radicals. Hard to argue against the truth.

Whatever the answer is, it cannot be tit-for-tat with a left that has and continues to make all the rules in the game and change them to suit its narrative on whim.

Gunny
02-09-2023, 11:07 AM
The idiots on the View apparently turned heckling the President during the SOU into fashion critique. Those hags might want to take a good look in the mirror :rolleyes:

In the meantime, MTG's side of the story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSsQvSHILJQ

jimnyc
02-09-2023, 05:01 PM
Congress is turning into games and who can repeat the idiocy of what the other did. Come back at the idiocy spewing from Biden's lips in the form of a rebuttal, not by trying to somehow interfere with a long held tradition. And with the lies, they can easily be combated after the fact, not while the world is watching, IMO.

And Synema wearing that tight ass bright yellow outfit, WTF? Never saw anyone dress up like that for the SOTU.

icansayit
02-09-2023, 05:06 PM
Bottom line for me. No matter who, or how they act. The warning from my Father back in the fifties...is still in effect.

"NEVER TRUST ANY POLITICIAN. From CITY HALL to WASHINGTON."
They can't be trusted as long as they become RICH, while all of us have to pay the IRS to keep making them RICH .

Gunny
02-09-2023, 05:52 PM
Congress is turning into games and who can repeat the idiocy of what the other did. Come back at the idiocy spewing from Biden's lips in the form of a rebuttal, not by trying to somehow interfere with a long held tradition. And with the lies, they can easily be combated after the fact, not while the world is watching, IMO.

And Synema wearing that tight ass bright yellow outfit, WTF? Never saw anyone dress up like that for the SOTU.I like Sinema more and more each time I hear about her. If she could just get that leftist, greenie streak out of her system.

But talk about dancing to her own set of drums. She's the one if anyone in that otherwise bleak and dreary Hellhole DC.

jimnyc
02-09-2023, 06:18 PM
I like Sinema more and more each time I hear about her. If she could just get that leftist, greenie streak out of her system.

But talk about dancing to her own set of drums. She's the one if anyone in that otherwise bleak and dreary Hellhole DC.

I like most about her as well - just not showing up to the SOTU looking like Big Bird!

https://i.imgur.com/PYvZzIT.png

icansayit
02-10-2023, 04:24 PM
Talking about Important stuff like what people wear,
gets more attention than the IDIOT-IN-CHIEF
on his Lying Rants that make people Laugh so much.
https://media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com/image/upload/t_fit-760w,f_auto,q_auto:best/rockcms/2023-02/230207-Marjorie-Taylor-Greene-sotu-ac-954p-29d5d8.jpg

Gunny
02-11-2023, 10:41 AM
Talking about Important stuff like what people wear,
gets more attention than the IDIOT-IN-CHIEF
on his Lying Rants that make people Laugh so much.
https://media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com/image/upload/t_fit-760w,f_auto,q_auto:best/rockcms/2023-02/230207-Marjorie-Taylor-Greene-sotu-ac-954p-29d5d8.jpgThe OP discussion is the behavior of some Republicans during the nowhere-near-the-actual SOTU work of fiction as told by the Puppet in Chief?

I can see where personal presentation/behavior of ALL Congress falls into that discussion. At the end of the day, what they look like is irrelevant to how they perform their jobs, individually and collectively.

Having said that :) Sinema may have stolen Big Bird's color but MTG obviously stole his boa :laugh: