PDA

View Full Version : Thompson stumbles out of the blocks

gabosaurus
10-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Thompson's "folksy charm" and Hee-Haw personality is not going to help him in a debate, since it appears that he has nothing to say. No firm ideas and no grasp of the issues.
He reminds of the Tom Tomorrow cartoon about "The Candidate In The Reagan Mask."
I can't see him doing well in the primaries.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/10/10/MNI4SN49V.DTL

10-10-2007, 12:48 PM
I wasnt impressed in the debate by Thompson either.

hjmick
10-10-2007, 01:03 PM
What I find curious is the intensity of the spotlight that is being focused on Thompson by those on the left. Not just the media but the average Joe blogger/message boarder as well. For all they say about him, for all their efforts to denegrate him and tear him down, there is a palpable wreak of concern attached to the attention they continue to heap upon him.

hjmick
10-10-2007, 01:04 PM
I wasnt impressed in the debate by Thompson either.

Hell, none of them, Democrats or Republicans, impress me.

stephanie
10-10-2007, 01:19 PM
Duncan Hunter impresses me...I wish he could get more air time...

It's still a wait and see on Fred Thompson.

theHawk
10-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Hunter, once again, proved he is the only true conservative out there by stating his anti-Chinese trade stance. Though Trancredo also agreed on that matter.

I did like how Thompson would give a straight yes or no answer to some of the questions, while everyone else dances around the issue and saying 'if...'

Abbey Marie
10-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Maybe people are starting to see that Hunter is a good choice for Republicans.

stephanie
10-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Maybe people are starting to see that Hunter is a good choice for Republicans.

I do like Fred Thompson for his straight talk, and I like a lot of his positions..
I'd just like to see more of him...
I'd probably like to see a Hunter-Thompson ticket..just not sure in what order yet..

theHawk
10-10-2007, 02:45 PM
I do like Fred Thompson for his straight talk, and I like a lot of his positions..
I'd just like to see more of him...
I'd probably like to see a Hunter-Thompson ticket..just not sure in what order yet..

As much as I like Hunter, he probably couldn't beat Hitlery in a national election because he is so unknown. Thompson - Hunter ticket could :2up:

Abbey Marie
10-10-2007, 02:55 PM
As much as I like Hunter, he probably couldn't beat Hitlery in a national election because he is so unknown. Thompson - Hunter ticket could :2up:

http://www.rd.com/images/content/2007/0703/slideSmile/slideSmile03_baby.jpg

stephanie
10-10-2007, 03:00 PM

You're probably right on that...
I was leaning more towards that way all along...But you alone have just sold me on knowing I was leaning the right way, for a very GOOD reason......:laugh2:

Thompson-Hunter it is....:cheers2:

10-10-2007, 03:05 PM

I dont understand this type of thinking. Who cares if he is unknown now? If he wins the nomination he will be well known.

If you think someone will be the best candidate, support them! If they are as good as you think, they can beat Hillary. If they cant, then i doubt they are good as you really think.

Trigg
10-10-2007, 04:09 PM
I bet gabbo is disappointed that no one took the bait and defended Thompson.

Guess we arn't sheep afterall.

manu1959
10-10-2007, 05:37 PM
thompson could trip and fall down and knock himself out and still beat the housewife.....

gabosaurus
10-11-2007, 12:16 PM
The spotlight is on Thompson because he has name recognition and his entry into the race was widely anticipated. The Reagan style "folksy charm" doesn't work if you don't have answers to questions.
What Thompson is missing is Reagan's eloquent speaking style. Reagan was a good bullshitter, and people bought into it.

REDWHITEBLUE2
10-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Ron Paul Shot Himself with his Dumb ass Remark about America should of never been in any war Bet France and The Jewish People Disagree on that. BOTTOM LINE IS RON PAUL IS A BRAIN DEAD MORON :fu: Ron Paul

10-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Ron Paul Shot Himself with his Dumb ass Remark about America should of never been in any war Bet France and The Jewish People Disagree on that. BOTTOM LINE IS RON PAUL IS A BRAIN DEAD MORON :fu: Ron Paul

You shouldnt insult brain dead morons like that.