PDA

View Full Version : How long has this man been wanted?

Sir Evil
10-10-2007, 02:30 PM
A good piece for those who constantly whine about not catching Osama Bin Laden. A little info on why he really should be accounted for already.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4540958

The tape proves the Clinton administration was aggressively tracking al-Qaida a year before 9/11. But that also raises one enormous question: If the U.S. government had bin Laden and the camps in its sights in real time, why was no action taken against them?

A Democratic member of the 9/11 commission says there was a larger issue: The Clinton administration treated bin Laden as a law enforcement problem.

Bob Kerry, a former senator and current 9/11 commission member, said, “The most important thing the Clinton administration could have done would have been for the president, either himself or by going to Congress, asking for a congressional declaration to declare war on al-Qaida, a military-political organization that had declared war on us.”

In reality, getting bin Laden would have been extraordinarily difficult. He was a moving target deep inside Afghanistan. Most military operations would have been high-risk. What’s more, Clinton was weakened by scandal, and there was no political consensus for bold action, especially with an election weeks away.

jimnyc
10-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Even more importantly from the article:

In 1998, President Clinton announced, “We will use all the means at our disposal to bring those responsible to justice, no matter what or how long it takes.”

NBC News has obtained, exclusively, extraordinary secret video, shot by the U.S. government. It illustrates an enormous opportunity the Clinton administration had to kill or capture bin Laden. Critics call it a missed opportunity.

Hagbard Celine
10-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Hindsight is 20/20. Before 9/11, the US looked at terrorists as law enforcement problems. If you're going to blame Clinton for not foreseeing 9/11, you may as well ask what Bush was doing about Bin Laden in the months preceding 9/11 too. :dunno:

Sir Evil
10-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Hindsight is 20/20. Before 9/11, the US looked at terrorists as law enforcement problems. If you're going to blame Clinton for not foreseeing 9/11, you may as well ask what Bush was doing about Bin Laden in the months preceding 9/11 too. :dunno:

:lol:

what a bobo, the point that clinton dropped the ball on Bin Laden is the point being made here.

Nice twist though, better luck next time.

jimnyc
10-10-2007, 03:04 PM

If it was a law enforcement issue, can you please tell me which police department was in charge of the predator flying over the Al Qaeda camp?

Hagbard Celine
10-10-2007, 03:07 PM
:lol:

what a bobo, the point that clinton dropped the ball on Bin Laden is the point being made here.

Nice twist though, better luck next time.

*shrug* Bushy sure spent a lot of time at the Crawford ranch prior to 9/11. I guess he was hunting Bin Laden in the times in between riding his pony and baling hay.

Sir Evil
10-10-2007, 03:08 PM
*shrug* Bushy sure spent a lot of time at the Crawford ranch prior to 9/11. I guess he was hunting Bin Laden in the times in between riding his pony and baling hay.

:laugh2:

Exactly why I chose to make this post.

jimnyc
10-10-2007, 03:09 PM

And Bush has what to do with Clinton dropping the ball, not once, but twice when he had opportunities to have him captured and/or killed?

Hagbard Celine
10-10-2007, 03:09 PM
If it was a law enforcement issue, can you please tell me which police department was in charge of the predator flying over the Al Qaeda camp?

A Democratic member of the 9/11 commission says there was a larger issue: The Clinton administration treated bin Laden as a law enforcement problem.

Did you even read the article dmp? You're really slipping man.

jimnyc
10-10-2007, 03:12 PM

This is Jim, when you quoted me my name even came up!

Anyway, regardless of what the article proclaims, they had the CIA and military involved in tracing terrorists and then dropped the ball when the opportunity arose. Proper resources were used to track Al Qeada but then Bubba was too dumb to take action. Spin it anyway you like but he missed the opportunity to catch perhaps the most wanted man in the world at the time.

Mr. P
10-10-2007, 03:13 PM

Ever been on a Presidents' ranch?

Hagbard Celine
10-10-2007, 03:15 PM
And Bush has what to do with Clinton dropping the ball, not once, but twice when he had opportunities to have him captured and/or killed?

Well, let's see. Who else did Clinton "have the chance to capture" but didn't. He could have captured Eric Rudolph before he bombed the 96 Olympics. Hey, Clinton should have preempted Bush's preemption and captured Saddam before he got out of office. He should have traveled back in time and captured Hitler before he had a chance to start the third reich! Why didn't Clinton fly into space and save the Space Shuttle Discovery before it crashed? Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Sir Evil
10-10-2007, 03:15 PM

Wrong person you are replying to Haggy, that was Jimnyc.

Did you read the article? Talking about slipping there has to be a better rebuttal than this. People wanna ask where the buck stops but don't wanna know where it was passed off from. Oh, and the law enforcement comment pretty much shows the lack of effectiveness of the named administration at the time, quite mishandled.

Hagbard Celine
10-10-2007, 03:16 PM
This is Jim, when you quoted me my name even came up!

Anyway, regardless of what the article proclaims, they had the CIA and military involved in tracing terrorists and then dropped the ball when the opportunity arose. Proper resources were used to track Al Qeada but then Bubba was too dumb to take action. Spin it anyway you like but he missed the opportunity to catch perhaps the most wanted man in the world at the time. Sorry, you guys have the same avatar.

Sir Evil
10-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Well, let's see. Who else did Clinton "have the chance to capture" but didn't. He could have captured Eric Rudolph before he bombed the 96 Olympics. Hey, Clinton should have preempted Bush's preemption and captured Saddam before he got out of office. He should have traveled back in time and captured Hitler before he had a chance to start the third reich! Why didn't Clinton fly into space and save the Space Shuttle Discovery before it crashed? Give me a break. :rolleyes:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Again, exactly why the article was posted.

Hagbard Celine
10-10-2007, 03:17 PM

Who's investigating what Bush did to capture Osama? Why didn't Bush forsee 9/11 in his crystal ball? Oh yeah, that's right. Clinton is the only one with magical future-prediction powers. That's why he's the only one who's mistakes are being scrutinized. I guess that's a testament to what a marvelous leader he was and still is.

Sir Evil
10-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Who's investigating what Bush did to capture Osama? Why didn't Bush forsee 9/11 in his crystal ball? Oh yeah, that's right. Clinton is the only one with magical future-prediction powers.

:laugh2::laugh2:

Fell right into this one Haggy, again it's why I chose to post it. Forget acknowledging the facts while the ball is in Bush's court.

jimnyc
10-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Who's investigating what Bush did to capture Osama? Why didn't Bush forsee 9/11 in his crystal ball? Oh yeah, that's right. Clinton is the only one with magical future-prediction powers. That's why he's the only one who's mistakes are being scrutinized.

Because we don't have proof that Bush had 2 clear opportunities to capture and/or kill Bin Laden.

Why is it that you guys can jump all over Bush for every little thing he does up to and including the way he speaks but you find it impossible to acknowledge Clinton's screwups? Face it, Bubba had 2 chances and blew it both times.

Sir Evil
10-10-2007, 03:29 PM
Because we don't have proof that Bush had 2 clear opportunities to capture and/or kill Bin Laden.

Why is it that you guys can jump all over Bush for every little thing he does up to and including the way he speaks but you find it impossible to acknowledge Clinton's screwups? Face it, Bubba had 2 chances and blew it both times.

http://i21.tinypic.com/16nfq0.gif

manu1959
10-10-2007, 03:46 PM

too funny...clinton doesn't do shit for 8 years and gets a pass....bush follows in the "great man's footsteps" for 8 months and it is all his fault.....classic....

Dilloduck
10-10-2007, 04:17 PM
If Bin Laden is in Pakistan, why aren't were hearing any calls to invade it ?