PDA

View Full Version : what happend to all the death and destruction?

manu1959
10-10-2007, 05:08 PM
i have been watching the news.....and noticed that...

there are no more car bombs on the news.....

no more dead soliders on the news......

the dems have stopped talking about the war....

why has the MSM stopped reporting on the progress of the terrorists daily victories over the evil USA?

LiberalNation
10-10-2007, 05:30 PM
They haven't just slacked off as election news takes the place of war news as the top seller. STill there tho.

http://news.yahoo.com/i/736;_ylt=AnDkPb4G21wT4_Ot.YafNFdvaA8F

U.S. military deaths in Iraq at 3,818

U.S.-led Iraq coalition withering fast

Iraqi authorities seek Blackwater ouster

Turkey attacks rebels near Iraq border

manu1959
10-10-2007, 05:31 PM
They haven't just slacked off as election news takes the place of war news as the top seller. STill there tho.

http://news.yahoo.com/i/736;_ylt=AnDkPb4G21wT4_Ot.YafNFdvaA8F

U.S. military deaths in Iraq at 3,818

U.S.-led Iraq coalition withering fast

Iraqi authorities seek Blackwater ouster

Turkey attacks rebels near Iraq border

yahoo is not MSM and the dem candidates have dropped it as well......bizzare...

LiberalNation
10-10-2007, 05:33 PM
No but they get there stories from AP which is MSM.

but here's CNN.

http://topics.edition.cnn.com/topics/iraq

manu1959
10-10-2007, 05:36 PM
No but they get there stories from AP which is MSM.

but here's CNN.

http://edition.cnn.com/WORLD/meast/archive/

you don't know what MSM means do you?

LiberalNation
10-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Mainstream media. What would you call CNN and ap, not alternative. They are mainstream, now if your talking cable, I've been watching cable and this week at war is still all about Iraq.

manu1959
10-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Mainstream media. What would you call CNN and ap, not alternative. They are mainstream, now if your talking cable, I've been watching cable and this week at war is still all about Iraq.

yea you are right it is all over the network news and the dem candidates can't stop talking about it....

Said1
10-10-2007, 06:37 PM

why has the MSM stopped reporting on the progress of the terrorists daily victories over the evil USA?

I've been reading about it in the paper. :(

April15
10-10-2007, 07:05 PM
I've been reading about it in the paper. :(Yes the news papers are covering Iraq as they always have. But with the elections and party debates taking center stage Iraq does not get front page for now.

Dilloduck
10-10-2007, 07:05 PM

I've noticed it too----a marked drop in reporting on Iraqi violence. Curious.

Said1
10-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Yes the news papers are covering Iraq as they always have. But with the elections and party debates taking center stage Iraq does not get front page for now.

An young RCMP officer was shot and killed over the holiday weekend here, a few days ago. That was getting front page....up until today - now, provincial elections.

retiredman
10-10-2007, 07:33 PM
I guess you may have missed these news articles. Please let me post highlights of them for your edification, if I might:

10/10/07 Reuters: 6 people killed, 10 wounded by car bomb in Tikrit
Six people were killed and 10 wounded when a car bomb exploded near the convoy of Colonel Jassim Hussein Mohammed, the chief of security of Salahuddin province, in the city of Tikrit...a joint U.S. and Iraqi security centre said.
10/10/07 Reuters: Body of a 4-year-old boy found hanged in Numaniya
Police said they found the body of a 4-year-old boy hanged in the town of Numaniya, 120 km (75 miles) south of Baghdad. The boy was kidnapped three days ago by a gang who asked for a ransom.
10/10/07 Reuters: Gunmen kill 1, wound 5 in southwestern Baghdad
One person was killed and five wounded when gunmen attacked a small bus carrying civil servants in the Bayaa district of southwestern Baghdad, police said.
10/10/07 Reuters: Roadside bombs kill 1, wound 8 in Baghdad's Karrada district
A roadside bomb wounded two people in central Baghdad's Karrada district, police said...One civilian was killed and six wounded by a roadside bomb targeting a U.S. patrol in Baghdad's Karrada district, police said.
10/10/07 Reuters: Gunmen kill 1, wound 6 in southern Baghdad
Gunmen opened fire on a mini-bus, killing one person and wounding six, in the Saidiya district of southern Baghdad, police said.
10/10/07 Reuters: Iraqi soldiers kill 41 suspected insurgents
Iraqi soldiers killed 41 suspected insurgents and wounded 89 others during the past 24 hours in different areas of Iraq, the Defence Ministry said.
10/10/07 AP: Car bomb kills policeman and civilian in Tikrit
Also Wednesday, a parked car bomb exploded near a market in Saddam's hometown of Tikrit, 80 miles north of Baghdad, killing a policeman and a civilian, and wounding another policeman and three civilians.

Dilloduck
10-10-2007, 07:48 PM
I guess when you watch Faux News, Wheel of Fortune, and the Cartoon Network, you miss a lot of stuff:

10/10/07 Reuters: 6 people killed, 10 wounded by car bomb in Tikrit
Six people were killed and 10 wounded when a car bomb exploded near the convoy of Colonel Jassim Hussein Mohammed, the chief of security of Salahuddin province, in the city of Tikrit...a joint U.S. and Iraqi security centre said.
10/10/07 Reuters: Body of a 4-year-old boy found hanged in Numaniya
Police said they found the body of a 4-year-old boy hanged in the town of Numaniya, 120 km (75 miles) south of Baghdad. The boy was kidnapped three days ago by a gang who asked for a ransom.
10/10/07 Reuters: Gunmen kill 1, wound 5 in southwestern Baghdad
One person was killed and five wounded when gunmen attacked a small bus carrying civil servants in the Bayaa district of southwestern Baghdad, police said.
10/10/07 Reuters: Roadside bombs kill 1, wound 8 in Baghdad's Karrada district
A roadside bomb wounded two people in central Baghdad's Karrada district, police said...One civilian was killed and six wounded by a roadside bomb targeting a U.S. patrol in Baghdad's Karrada district, police said.
10/10/07 Reuters: Gunmen kill 1, wound 6 in southern Baghdad
Gunmen opened fire on a mini-bus, killing one person and wounding six, in the Saidiya district of southern Baghdad, police said.
10/10/07 Reuters: Iraqi soldiers kill 41 suspected insurgents
Iraqi soldiers killed 41 suspected insurgents and wounded 89 others during the past 24 hours in different areas of Iraq, the Defence Ministry said.
10/10/07 AP: Car bomb kills policeman and civilian in Tikrit
Also Wednesday, a parked car bomb exploded near a market in Saddam's hometown of Tikrit, 80 miles north of Baghdad, killing a policeman and a civilian, and wounding another policeman and three civilians.

What network do you watch Reuters on ?

diuretic
10-10-2007, 07:51 PM
MSM's self-censoring. No news about the latest effort by private security in killing two women in a car?

Kathianne
10-10-2007, 08:34 PM

You and me both. Bottom line, our military, in spite of the non-support of the homefront, which has been asked to sacrifice zero, to it's own detriment, has acted superbly. Why would the MSM report the norm for Americans at arms? It's what they do. I'm not saying the media gets it, they don't. But they do recognize a nonstory.

retiredman
10-10-2007, 08:40 PM
What network do you watch Reuters on ?

I realize it may be hard for you to understand, but some people get their news from a variety of sources and do not rely solely on network television news.

which reminds me of an old joke my father used to tell many years ago. a couple went to the marriage counselor and the subject got around to their sex life. the counselor asked them how they made love. They explained that the wife would get on her hands and knees and the husband would kneel behind her and enter her from the rear. The counselor acknowledged that they were using the position commonly known as "doggie style" and he suggested that there might be more stimulation for both parties if they tried the missionary position where the wife would lay on her back and the husband would lay on top of her facing her and enter her from the front. they both looked totally shocked and said, in unison, "WHAT??? and miss the Ed Sullivan Show?????":laugh2:

April15
10-10-2007, 08:40 PM
MSM's self-censoring. No news about the latest effort by private security in killing two women in a car?BBC and deutchworld have the coverage! They also use Reuters.

Dilloduck
10-10-2007, 09:12 PM
BBC and deutchworld have the coverage! They also use Reuters.

Deutchworld is a really big MSM here in Texas---BBC too. Purposely misunderstanding MSM to take a pot shot. I love it ! :laugh2:

Immanuel
10-10-2007, 09:13 PM
I guess when you watch Faux News, Wheel of Fortune, and the Cartoon Network, you miss a lot of stuff:

Hey! Don't knock The Cartoon Network! It is just plain unamerican!

:laugh2:

Immie

Dilloduck
10-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Hey! Don't knock The Cartoon Network! It is just plain unamerican!

:laugh2:

Immie

:laugh2: (MFM does need a vowel ,doesn't it ?)

retiredman
10-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Deutchworld is a really big MSM here in Texas---BBC too. Purposely misunderstanding MSM to take a pot shot. I love it ! :laugh2:

and because you are from texas, everyone else must be, eh?:laugh2:

retiredman
10-10-2007, 09:17 PM
:laugh2: (MFM does need a vowel ,doesn't it ?)

"dilloduck" does need another "D" in the middle there, doesn't it?

diuretic
10-10-2007, 09:44 PM
BBC and deutchworld have the coverage! They also use Reuters.

It got a big splash here, of course the Australian connection (an Australian owned/managed security company was involved) helped it along a bit.

diuretic
10-10-2007, 09:46 PM
and because you are from texas, everyone else must be, eh?:laugh2:

Hey don't knock it, Dillo lives in our Tx sister city :coffee:

manu1959
10-10-2007, 10:07 PM
anyone know why the dem candidates have dropped it as a topic....abc nbc cbs have......

why would that be....

LiberalNation
10-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Some more

9 children killed in U.S. raid in Iraq

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071011/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq;_ylt=ArEjsUO2a4OLK6oerndT8uys0NUE

April15
10-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Iraq violence was page 7 in todays local paper. I guess the conservative media owners are pushing editors and publishers to put Iraq back in the [ages and late in the newscast so the repubs don't look so bad.

Gaffer
10-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Could it be the surge is working? Stability in iraq? Naw, that's not news. If the media doesn't have something bad to say about iraq, they won't say anything at all.

manu1959
10-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Could it be the surge is working? Stability in iraq? Naw, that's not news. If the media doesn't have something bad to say about iraq, they won't say anything at all.

some dude on a local talk radio said that it feels a lot like WWII right before the battle of the bulge.....

retiredman
10-11-2007, 09:56 PM

I have no doubt that our troops on the ground can achieve the military goals of the "surge".

I doubt the ability of the Iraqi sunni and shiite politicians to acheive the political goals that the surge was intended to create an atmosphere to achieve.

And if we win the "military victory" but Iraq remains poised to boil over in sectarian strife the minute we depart, what good will the surge really have achieved?

manu1959
10-11-2007, 10:03 PM
I have no doubt that our troops on the ground can achieve the military goals of the "surge".

I doubt the ability of the Iraqi sunni and shiite politicians to acheive the political goals that the surge was intended to create an atmosphere to achieve.

And if we win the "military victory" but Iraq remains poised to boil over in sectarian strife the minute we depart, what good will the surge really have achieved?

if you believe some of the press reoprts they have achieved it in the north and south.....all that is left is the centre...

retiredman
10-11-2007, 10:09 PM
if you believe some of the press reoprts they have achieved it in the north and south.....all that is left is the centre...

like I have said over and over again...I do not doubt our military's ability to achieve military objectives. I simply doubt that those acheived military objectives will have any lasting effect on keeping Iraq from civil war the moment we leave.

manu1959
10-11-2007, 10:11 PM
like I have said over and over again...I do not doubt our military's ability to achieve military objectives. I simply doubt that those acheived military objectives will have any lasting effect on keeping Iraq from civil war the moment we leave.

well my guess is turkey will invade the kurds and iran and syria will take the rest.....there will be nothing civil about it

Gaffer
10-11-2007, 10:13 PM

iran will need to be taken down before anything can truly be achieved in iraq. iraq can stabilize as long as iran isn't around to stir things up.

retiredman
10-11-2007, 10:14 PM
well my guess is turkey will invade the kurds and iran and syria will take the rest.....there will be nothing civil about it

no doubt. and after five years, a trillion dollars and 32K dead and wounded Americans, will that be an acceptable outcome? WIll that be the way that the neocons think we ought to be prosecuting the war on terror?

manu1959
10-11-2007, 10:25 PM
no doubt. and after five years, a trillion dollars and 32K dead and wounded Americans, will that be an acceptable outcome? WIll that be the way that the neocons think we ought to be prosecuting the war on terror?

one could argue the result of wwII was worse.....sure hitler and tojo are gone but the german and japanese economies have been killing us ever since the us rebuilt them....not to mention the economic damage the cold war caused.....