PDA

View Full Version : Time to Stir Up Some Crap - I Don't Like Bacon

Gunny
03-01-2023, 10:09 AM
I'm aware this offends a religion, but I don't get it. One of the most if not the most over-hyped, over-priced nutritionally worthless cuts of meat there is. Yet people like my daughter's BF who stinks up the house with the crap every morning it's like crack. To add insult to injury, the lazy f*ck doesn't clean up behind himself -- a pet peeve of mine on a pedestal all its own:mad:

Lord knows what it cost these days, but you shell out $5-10 for a slab of of pig fat with little slivers of alleged meat, then spend 20 minutes cooking it in it's own 10w-40 weight oil that messes up my stomach for half the day, THEN get to clean grease off if everything and the house reeks for half the day.

That is all :halo9:

fj1200
03-01-2023, 10:45 AM
I'm with ya. Can't say I don't like it but it's definitely overrated in my book. It's an ingredient, not a main course.

And we could use a good knock-down, drag-out, pick-a-side argument around here.

Kathianne
03-01-2023, 01:05 PM
I'm with ya. Can't say I don't like it but it's definitely overrated in my book. It's an ingredient, not a main course.

And we could use a good knock-down, drag-out, pick-a-side argument around here.

Yep, while I will have a side of bacon occasionally when eating out, not a regular thing. I usually have some cooked and frozen in freezer, to add to certain recipes-it enhances, not the main ingredient.

Black Diamond
03-01-2023, 01:06 PM
Gimme my sausage patties.

Kathianne
03-01-2023, 01:08 PM
Gimme my sausage patties.

There you go, I find sausage just awful, thus the side of bacon when out. While I don't mind ham, I find it too dry as breakfast meat.

Black Diamond
03-01-2023, 01:13 PM
There you go, I find sausage just awful, thus the side of bacon when out. While I don't mind ham, I find it too dry as breakfast meat.

Agree re the ham. Wife is a huge go out for breakfast fan. Bacon is rarely done right in restaurants for my taste so I go with sausage.

jimnyc
03-01-2023, 02:42 PM
I could eat me a few hundred pieces of good bacon with my breakfast! Too much work and cleanup though so I rarely get to enjoy. :( And scrambled eggs, can eat a few hundred of them too! I wanted to buy some chickens but the wifey shot that down REAL fast! :laugh:

hjmick
03-01-2023, 03:39 PM
More for me...

Bilgerat
03-01-2023, 04:47 PM
More for me...

Agreed :laugh:

At least bacon isn't "engineered" food. Sausage is nothing more than ground up bits of fat & gristle that wasn't able to progress down the meat cutting table on it's own. The ONLY way it becomes "flavored" is by adding spices (probably to hide the taste of the grindings that have gone "off")

However, not cleaning up after yourself is a vile offense and I vote that he be placed in a barrel with his slime for a day or so.

Now here's an interesting thing. I'm originally from Maine and I DESPISE lobster (my pet name for it is bottom feeding ocean going cockroach)

Black Diamond
03-01-2023, 05:28 PM
Yeah I don't wanna know how the sausage is made lol

Mr. P
03-01-2023, 07:18 PM
Don't hate on bacon because your daughter's BF stinks! :laugh:

SassyLady
03-01-2023, 09:17 PM
I like bacon.

OAK
03-02-2023, 01:37 PM
Ham, bacon, pork chops, sausage, BBQ pulled pork, etc.....pigs are magical animals.

Gunny
03-02-2023, 02:10 PM

Ham, bacon, pork chops, sausage, BBQ pulled pork, etc.....pigs are magical animals.Thinking it over after y'all brought up all the "wonderment" of pigs, I don't like pork anything. Even given it the old college try because pork roast and ham are fairly inexpensive, especially compared to the price of beef these days.

Gunny
03-02-2023, 02:16 PM
More for me...

Agreed :laugh:

At least bacon isn't "engineered" food. Sausage is nothing more than ground up bits of fat & gristle that wasn't able to progress down the meat cutting table on it's own. The ONLY way it becomes "flavored" is by adding spices (probably to hide the taste of the grindings that have gone "off")

However, not cleaning up after yourself is a vile offense and I vote that he be placed in a barrel with his slime for a day or so.

Now here's an interesting thing. I'm originally from Maine and I DESPISE lobster (my pet name for it is bottom feeding ocean going cockroach)

Don't hate on bacon because your daughter's BF stinks! :laugh:

I am not a hater (much anyway :)). More for y'all works for me. Especially if I'm snagging your ribeye while you're watching your bacon fry :)

On the other hand, if you can't be considerate enough to clean up your own swill, I can get to hater mode REAL quick. I consider it a test of will how long I can remain silent with this slob in the house :)