PDA

View Full Version : ‘I Hate Him Passionately’: Tucker Carlson Unloads on Trump in Text Messages

Gunny
03-09-2023, 11:02 AM
Not sure what this has to do with the defamation suit against Fox News. Not even sure why it matters except as yet another example of the left doubling down on its BS.

Fact is, the type of voting machine matters little. The people operating them are the problem.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/i-hate-him-passionately-tucker-carlson-unloads-on-trump-in-text-messages/?utm_source=recirc-desktop&utm_medium=homepage&utm_campaign=river&utm_content=featured-content-trending&utm_term=first

Kathianne
03-09-2023, 03:04 PM
Not sure what this has to do with the defamation suit against Fox News. Not even sure why it matters except as yet another example of the left doubling down on its BS.

Fact is, the type of voting machine matters little. The people operating them are the problem.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/i-hate-him-passionately-tucker-carlson-unloads-on-trump-in-text-messages/?utm_source=recirc-desktop&utm_medium=homepage&utm_campaign=river&utm_content=featured-content-trending&utm_term=first

I don't get it regarding lawsuit either, but am not shocked at the revelation. Not by Hannity or Ingraham feeling more like us, though projecting MAGA jargon on air. That's hypocrisy and likely condescension of their audiences, but seems unrelated to defamation.

fj1200
03-10-2023, 08:13 AM
I don't get it regarding lawsuit either, but am not shocked at the revelation. Not by Hannity or Ingraham feeling more like us, though projecting MAGA jargon on air. That's hypocrisy and likely condescension of their audiences, but seems unrelated to defamation.

If I'm hearing things correctly their actions possibly undermine Fox's defense of, "hey, we're just journalists here." We'll see...

Gunny
03-10-2023, 09:23 AM
If I'm hearing things correctly their actions possibly undermine Fox's defense of, "hey, we're just journalists here." We'll see...Still to me it is irrelevant to the legal case. I don't see what bearing opinion-editorialists' personal vs professional opinions have to do with the alleged defamation of some stupid voting machines no one gives a damn about anyway.

This appears to me more a case of trying to defame Fox News and/or its employees; which, is just par for the course in attacking any and everything that even wants to think it's right wing. Just to clarify, I don't care for Hannity, Tucker nor Ingraham. GWB-era neocons. Except Carlson. He's a pre-WWII isolationist.

From personal experience, I can't even begin to recall/recount the number of times I had to explain to Marines the holistic virtues of carrying out a task/mission I thought was absolutely stupid. Had they heard me letting the LT know beforehand exactly what I thought of said stupidity they probably would have thought me less a dick, but it would have undermined getting them to do it.

Point being: it's getting to the point where the left is creating such an atmosphere of wrong no matter what, paranoia and/or fear, that people can't even express personal opinions in private without some stool pigeon ratting them out. Unless they're "Cool Kid lefties", of course:rolleyes: