PDA

View Full Version : Making Sense of the Capitol Riot Tapes

Gunny
03-09-2023, 11:15 AM
Informative. Mostly good points. Especially where the author addresses "perception". Handing the tapes over to an political pundit rather than sifting sand to find a journalist with integrity devalues the information. Whenever I read "Tucker Carlson says ..." I'm ready for just about anything from fact to witch doctor. Anyone on the left is going to dismiss it out of hand on name value alone.

That's not the way to get a message out.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2023/03/making-sense-of-the-capitol-riot-tapes/?utm_source=recirc-desktop&utm_medium=homepage&utm_campaign=river&utm_content=featured-content-trending&utm_term=second

Kathianne
03-09-2023, 02:09 PM
Informative. Mostly good points. Especially where the author addresses "perception". Handing the tapes over to an political pundit rather than sifting sand to find a journalist with integrity devalues the information. Whenever I read "Tucker Carlson says ..." I'm ready for just about anything from fact to witch doctor. Anyone on the left is going to dismiss it out of hand on name value alone.

That's not the way to get a message out.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2023/03/making-sense-of-the-capitol-riot-tapes/?utm_source=recirc-desktop&utm_medium=homepage&utm_campaign=river&utm_content=featured-content-trending&utm_term=second

I watched two days of his show, just to see what he put out.

My take is pretty much there is a story to tell, which both sides of media and Congressional Commiittee have failed to tell the people.

At least with Tucker's show, another interpretation was put forth and MOST important in my mind that the number of persons still being held without trial and long sentences and the lack of turning over exculpatory evidence means many heads should roll.

Gunny
03-09-2023, 02:28 PM
I watched two days of his show, just to see what he put out.

My take is pretty much there is a story to tell, which both sides of media and Congressional Commiittee have failed to tell the people.

At least with Tucker's show, another interpretation was put forth and MOST important in my mind that the number of persons still being held without trial and long sentences and the lack of turning over exculpatory evidence means many heads should roll.I agree. I share most of your concerns. No due process. Completely overboard, off-track investigation(s).

I agree there's a story to tell and the to say the Dems and MSM have been less than forthcoming is an understatement. Secretive/non-transparent and unconstitutional partisan witch hunt would be more fitting.

I take issue with the conduit McCarthy chose for the reasons previously stated. I don't see downplaying it any more positive than the Dems' hysterical exaggeration.

Not to mention (without going off on a diatribe) is the disparity in treatment between Jan 6th rioters and the left's pet domestic terrorism groups that infuriates me, to say the least.