PDA

View Full Version : Shot NYC parking-garage worker who fired at suspected thief weeps while cuffed to bed

revelarts
04-03-2023, 07:25 AM
Shot NYC parking-garage worker who fired at suspected thief weeps while cuffed to bed

https://nypost.com/2023/04/02/shot-nyc-parking-garage-worker-weeps-while-cuffed-to-bed/

The Manhattan parking-garage worker who was initially hit with an attempted-murder rap for shooting an armed would-be thief wept as he lay handcuffed to his hospital bed Sunday, stunned at his fate.

“I got bullets in me, and I’m chained to a hospital bed, but I didn’t do anything wrong,” Moussa Diarra, 57, lamented, according to Meyers Parking’s Chief Operating Officer Michael Carolan, who spoke to The Post.

Diarra was shot twice during a tussle with suspected thief Charles Rhodie at Carolan’s West 31st Street garage early Saturday before using the accused man’s weapon to shoot him back.

Diarra was initially charged by cops in the case, including with criminal possession of a weapon for having Rhodie’s gun at one point, but Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s office Sunday dropped the raps. Rhodie still faces charges including attempted murder.

Before Diarra was cleared, he looked absolutely crestfallen in a photo at Bellevue Hospital obtained by The Post....

The attendant confronted the intruder, and the two got into a scuffle, with Rhodie pulling out a handgun and shooting Diarra twice, only to have the attendant wrestle the gun away and fire a shot into Rhodie’s chest, according to police.

Diarra had surgery for two bullet wounds, one to his gut and the other to his ear, his lawyer, Charles Clayman, told The Post on Sunday.

Cops ended up charging both men with attempted murder, assault and criminal possession of a weapon — leaving Diarra not only wounded but baffled.

The cuffs only came off him later Sunday, after Bragg’s office announced that it was declining to prosecute Diarra pending further investigation....

Gunny
04-03-2023, 07:35 AM
Shot NYC parking-garage worker who fired at suspected thief weeps while cuffed to bed

https://nypost.com/2023/04/02/shot-nyc-parking-garage-worker-weeps-while-cuffed-to-bed/
The Manhattan parking-garage worker who was initially hit with an attempted-murder rap for shooting an armed would-be thief wept as he lay handcuffed to his hospital bed Sunday, stunned at his fate.

“I got bullets in me, and I’m chained to a hospital bed, but I didn’t do anything wrong,” Moussa Diarra, 57, lamented, according to Meyers Parking’s Chief Operating Officer Michael Carolan, who spoke to The Post.

Diarra was shot twice during a tussle with suspected thief Charles Rhodie at Carolan’s West 31st Street garage early Saturday before using the accused man’s weapon to shoot him back.

Diarra was initially charged by cops in the case, including with criminal possession of a weapon for having Rhodie’s gun at one point, but Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s office Sunday dropped the raps. Rhodie still faces charges including attempted murder.

Before Diarra was cleared, he looked absolutely crestfallen in a photo at Bellevue Hospital obtained by The Post....

The attendant confronted the intruder, and the two got into a scuffle, with Rhodie pulling out a handgun and shooting Diarra twice, only to have the attendant wrestle the gun away and fire a shot into Rhodie’s chest, according to police.

Diarra had surgery for two bullet wounds, one to his gut and the other to his ear, his lawyer, Charles Clayman, told The Post on Sunday.

Cops ended up charging both men with attempted murder, assault and criminal possession of a weapon — leaving Diarra not only wounded but baffled.

The cuffs only came off him later Sunday, after Bragg’s office announced that it was declining to prosecute Diarra pending further investigation....
Justice according to Alvin Bragg:rolleyes: This isn't even a one-off. Criminals roam the streets of NYC at will while numbnuts tries to scratch together a sketchy, white collar crime at best.

I sincerely hope he gets the notoriety he is after and not in a good way.

Black Diamond
04-03-2023, 12:26 PM
Justice according to Alvin Bragg:rolleyes: This isn't even a one-off. Criminals roam the streets of NYC at will while numbnuts tries to scratch together a sketchy, white collar crime at best.

I sincerely hope he gets the notoriety he is after and not in a good way.

Many argue there's no such thing.

Black Diamond
04-03-2023, 12:30 PM

Yeah why are the handcuffs necessary at this point

Gunny
04-03-2023, 04:50 PM
Many argue there's no such thing.But it's legal for me to state that THAT is what I hope :halo9:

Black Diamond
04-03-2023, 08:04 PM
But it's legal for me to state that THAT is what I hope :halo9:

Ohhhh
There would be a lot more crying by Many. I will be laughing.

Gunny
04-04-2023, 05:39 PM
Ohhhh
There would be a lot more crying by Many. I will be laughing.I'm usually good with punishment befitting a crime. This a-hole would be riding the NYC subway from 9PM - 6 AM daily. I'm guessing he doesn't survive to serve the entire sentence :)