PDA

View Full Version : De-dollarization Has Begun.

Gunny
04-07-2023, 11:24 AM
Makes sense to me. Not an expert on the topic. ANyone that knows the why's/why not's feel free.

https://www.aier.org/article/de-dollarization-has-begun/

Gunny
04-08-2023, 08:57 AM
https://asiatimes.com/2023/04/fed-fingerprints-all-over-dollar-is-doomed-talk/

fj1200
04-10-2023, 03:06 PM
I'm going to take the no side of the bet. There's too many benefits to most of the world funding trade via the USD than some other amalgamation of currencies. The USD is the most transparent, most prevalent, and least likely to suffer large inflation swings. Further, if I'm wrong I'll guess that it's not because of what the other countries have done to make their currencies viable is what we will have done to our own currency.

Gunny
04-11-2023, 07:44 AM
I'm going to take the no side of the bet. There's too many benefits to most of the world funding trade via the USD than some other amalgamation of currencies. The USD is the most transparent, most prevalent, and least likely to suffer large inflation swings. Further, if I'm wrong I'll guess that it's not because of what the other countries have done to make their currencies viable is what we will have done to our own currency.

What about this? https://www.dw.com/en/a-new-world-order-brics-nations-offer-alternative-to-west/a-65124269

Here's the thing: How many completely false narratives are truths in the minds of the majorities already? The MSM is doing overtime trying to convince us men are women and the US is falling apart. We already kinda know how many sheeple believe the MSM.

Success DOES require faith and hope every bit as much as expertise. The MSM and this Admin especially are trying to snuff out both. Add to that Biden has put us in this situation internationally with his bungling.

fj1200
04-11-2023, 04:22 PM
What about this? https://www.dw.com/en/a-new-world-order-brics-nations-offer-alternative-to-west/a-65124269

Here's the thing: How many completely false narratives are truths in the minds of the majorities already? The MSM is doing overtime trying to convince us men are women and the US is falling apart. We already kinda know how many sheeple believe the MSM.

Success DOES require faith and hope every bit as much as expertise. The MSM and this Admin especially are trying to snuff out both. Add to that Biden has put us in this situation internationally with his bungling.

They've been trying for decades but yes, kicking them out of SWIFT I don't think was a good idea. The negatives I mentioned above are still fairly important adding in that the Ruble and the Yuan at least are not floating currencies and will probably still have to peg to the USD or Euro, even if secretly, to give any amount of confidence in their foreign currency moves.

I don't think this really has anything to do with the MSM because as you say, the sheeple won't pay attention.

Gunny
04-12-2023, 08:34 AM
They've been trying for decades but yes, kicking them out of SWIFT I don't think was a good idea. The negatives I mentioned above are still fairly important adding in that the Ruble and the Yuan at least are not floating currencies and will probably still have to peg to the USD or Euro, even if secretly, to give any amount of confidence in their foreign currency moves.

I don't think this really has anything to do with the MSM because as you say, the sheeple won't pay attention.

My point about the MSM is it's pushing this narrative as a backpage story, not headline. Like it does everything else. Just planting the seed for the uniformed/stupid to repeat. At some point, perception becomes reality. It certainly can create reality.

Few years back I would have scoffed at the notion. I also would have scoffed at the notions that either Trump or Biden would be President, and/or this Nation would be put in the situation economically, militarily and ethically the latter dolt has managed to accomplish in 3 years (with 8 years of prep by Obama).