PDA

View Full Version : Louisville, Kentucky: Gunman kills five in bank shooting

Gunny
04-11-2023, 09:00 AM
You can't stop crazy. Ironically, the crazy left thinks it can legislate it:rolleyes:

On the other hand, something I have noticed and am totally against: For those of us that recall the "crappy old days", remember when firearms cost a LOT of money? You weren't just going to run out and buy one with chump change. Not me, anyway. I had to save on the side for awhile to get a new firearm. Meaning, firearms usually were in the hands of more responsible people.

I get offers everyday from a couple of sites I subscribe to and I can get an AR for $500 and a high-capacity 9mm handgun for $300. Besides the obvious: you can't fix crazy, if I was going to point a finger at anything I'd say the ready availability of firearms at 1980 prices on 2020s incomes is a BIG culprit. Matter of fact, in 1981, I don't recall being able to get a decent handgun you weren't afraid would blow up in your face was going to run at least $500 and up.

You can get an AR on McDonald's pay nowadays.

I DO recognize the argument that there's no giving the anti-gunners an inch. They're as much part of the problem as the guy who thinks he has the right to own a fully operational, twin .50 cal mounted on his pick-em up.

Like everything else, there's no honest debate for fear of being labeled as weak, or caving while common sense is thrown right out the window,

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65233350

jimnyc
04-11-2023, 12:59 PM
What has actually caused any increase? I doubt it's population. I'm not sure cost is the reason although I'm on board with making them tougher to get for wackos somehow.

I think an avalanche of them have taken place over relatively short period. So now folks deciding to end things also decide to copycat themselves for attention - and then the media uses these events to work against guns. Every dang little type of shooting and every article is jam packed filled with stats about mass shooting bullshit. I'm not saying anything is made up, but surely being taken advantage of.

And a sheriff recently stated that the one thing that literally cannot be responsible, the inanimate object, is always the first to take the blame. Then it would be knives, explosives, vehicles...

fj1200
04-11-2023, 04:29 PM
What has actually caused any increase?

I think society is just broken.

Gunny
04-12-2023, 08:25 AM
What has actually caused any increase? I doubt it's population. I'm not sure cost is the reason although I'm on board with making them tougher to get for wackos somehow.

I think an avalanche of them have taken place over relatively short period. So now folks deciding to end things also decide to copycat themselves for attention - and then the media uses these events to work against guns. Every dang little type of shooting and every article is jam packed filled with stats about mass shooting bullshit. I'm not saying anything is made up, but surely being taken advantage of.

And a sheriff recently stated that the one thing that literally cannot be responsible, the inanimate object, is always the first to take the blame. Then it would be knives, explosives, vehicles...I think it's a combination of all of the above. Just tossed out availability as one of the possible reasons.

The big-picture goal, IMO, is the bureaucracy and it's minions disarming the citizenry. It pretty much has already, but they want to ensure the citizens have ZERO means to resist its authority, even under double lock and key in the attic. As it stands, you may have the Right to own a firearm and the Right to defend yourself (in some places), but if and when you do, by the time the judicial system gets done with you, you will have nothing left and most likely be under insurmountable debt for the rest of your life.