PDA

View Full Version : Jack Teixeira: US airman to appear in court over intelligence leak

Gunny
04-14-2023, 07:48 AM
Bet you a$$ I have an opinion about this bullshit.

I don't doubt this wet-behind-the-ear, E-3 (A1C) whose uniforms still reek of supply and boots still squeak did it. Sounds like something a dumbass weekend warrior boot would do. A hitch post has more common sense.:rolleyes:

Where I'm not buying it is THIS a complete failure of the entire chain of command in MY Marine Corps opinion. First question is "Why?". Why does the aforementioned get anywhere near intel on this level beyond compartmentalized bits and pieces? Leaving my granddaughter alone in the Candy Factory would be a safer bet.

I'm all about making this guy pay for his crime. And anyone else in his chain of command/supervisory position that has about as much leadership qualities as Joke Biden. There's no competent professionalism in this from top to bottom and swinging a symptom of the disease from a yardarm is not going to do much about the disease.

I'm also unsure about jurisdiction in this, but from one article I read, the top brass Air Force guy has washed his hands of this quicker than Pontius Pilate. The crime was committed by a military person using military info. So why the FBI/DOJ? Acting on info provided by outside. civilian contractors, no less. Not like they figured it out WEEKS later:rolleyes:

I do recall when in DC, besides my Navy/Marine Corps clearances, I had to have a separate FBI clearance and photo ID badge to get anywhere near Hqtrs, Marine Corps, CNO, the Pentagon or on "the Hill". I can see DOJ tasking the FBI with that security. But Bumfuck Air Natl Guard Base, MA?

Odd how fast (relatively speaking) can act against an E-3:rolleyes:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65271302

Kathianne
04-14-2023, 01:01 PM
Now about the military and this leaker:

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2023/04/14/great-news-pentagon-still-cant-explain-jackthedrippers-access-to-leaked-material-n543798

Great news: Pentagon still can't explain "jackthedripper's" access to leaked material
ED MORRISSEY 11:21 AM on April 14, 2023

None of the rest of us could explain how an enlistee in the Air National Guard got his hands on highly classified military and diplomatic intelligence leaked over the past few months. Now it turns out that the Pentagon doesn’t have a good answer for that question, either. The Wall Street Journal refers to it as “among the most puzzling questions” of the case, and the Pentagon’s lack of explanation for it is not building much confidence in opsec:

The leak was “a deliberate criminal act, a violation of those guidelines,” Pentagon press secretary Air Force Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder said Thursday.

“We continue to review those distribution lists, update them, make sure there’s a need to know,” he said. “And so all indications are, again, this was a criminal act, a willful violation of those, and again, another reason why we’re continuing to investigate and support [the Justice Department’s] investigation.”

Jack Teixeira served in the 102nd Intelligence Wing of the Massachusetts Air National Guard, based on Cape Cod. What would the MANG “need to know” about Mossad communications, Russian and Ukrainian military operations, and diplomat communications? The former chief of Massachusetts Homeland Security, Juliette Kayyem, doesn’t have an explanation for it either:

Unless it is deploying under federal orders, the Massachusetts Air National Guard’s job is to protect the commonwealth. Communications of the leaders of Israel’s Mossad intelligence service and discussions among members of South Korea’s National Security Council on whether to sell ammunition that could end up in Ukraine have no obvious relevance to the suspect’s work, intelligence analysts say.

“The Pentagon’s notion of who should have access to what seems very broad, based on what we know now” about the case, said Ms. Kayyem, now a lecturer at the Harvard Kennedy School.

That raises a significant question of how Teixeira gained access to these documents. Did he get them from within American systems? Or did an outside source provide the documents to Teixeira, and if so, for what purpose? For the moment, all we know about the government’s case is in today’s indictment and arraignment — and thus far, it doesn’t appear that Teixeira has been charged with stealing the material himself, but just for retaining and transmitting it:

Black Diamond
04-14-2023, 05:46 PM
Gunny. Question. How does this compare to secretary Clinton and her computer issues ?

icansayit
04-14-2023, 05:51 PM
Bet you a$$ I have an opinion about this bullshit.

I don't doubt this wet-behind-the-ear, E-3 (A1C) whose uniforms still reek of supply and boots still squeak did it. Sounds like something a dumbass weekend warrior boot would do. A hitch post has more common sense.:rolleyes:

Where I'm not buying it is THIS a complete failure of the entire chain of command in MY Marine Corps opinion. First question is "Why?". Why does the aforementioned get anywhere near intel on this level beyond compartmentalized bits and pieces? Leaving my granddaughter alone in the Candy Factory would be a safer bet.

I'm all about making this guy pay for his crime. And anyone else in his chain of command/supervisory position that has about as much leadership qualities as Joke Biden. There's no competent professionalism in this from top to bottom and swinging a symptom of the disease from a yardarm is not going to do much about the disease.

I'm also unsure about jurisdiction in this, but from one article I read, the top brass Air Force guy has washed his hands of this quicker than Pontius Pilate. The crime was committed by a military person using military info. So why the FBI/DOJ? Acting on info provided by outside. civilian contractors, no less. Not like they figured it out WEEKS later:rolleyes:

I do recall when in DC, besides my Navy/Marine Corps clearances, I had to have a separate FBI clearance and photo ID badge to get anywhere near Hqtrs, Marine Corps, CNO, the Pentagon or on "the Hill". I can see DOJ tasking the FBI with that security. But Bumfuck Air Natl Guard Base, MA?

Odd how fast (relatively speaking) can act against an E-3:rolleyes:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65271302
The entire Intel system of the U.S. Military, and all branches has been compromised by Poor Leadership, Top to Bottom. And the sources are in the entire
Biden admin who has NO control over anything except Joe Biden's Ice Cream & Depends/Pamper supplies. Probably ordered by the failed Pentagon Supply system that ignores the VA needs in order to hire Secret Leftover, America haters from as far back as the CLINTON admin.
This is nothing new. Do you remember when CLINTON gave the CHINESE Our Missile Plans, And Templates in order to KEEP THEM SMILING?

Gunny
04-15-2023, 05:10 PM
@Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30). Question. How does this compare to secretary Clinton and her computer issues ?It compares in that each person mishandled/failed to properly safeguard classified material.

I cannot begin to try and remember how many times from the time of discovery to this day words to this effect in regard to Clinton's unsecure server and unsecure handling of classified information:

If this had been LCPL (Marine E-3/rank equivalent to this Airman 1st Class) Joe Shit the Ragman and not Hitlery Clinton, he'd be buried under the jail awaiting trial to be convicted.

Lo and behold:rolleyes:

The Air Force guy is calling it among other things "a deliberate act". Yeah. By an immature punk trying to impress his fellow nerds. Not excusing the crime, but how does that compare to a seasoned politician, wife of a former President, former Senator and Secretary of State who has ZERO excuse whatsoever?

He's a wet behind the ears kid who should NEVER EVER had had access to such information. That's a leadership failure.

Clinton on the other hand is arrogant, above the law, and just doesn't care. Nothing was done to her, nor is likely to be done to Bungler Biden. But this A1C and Donald Trump have clearly committed crimes:rolleyes:

Liz Cheney is calling for MTG's clearances to be revoked for her defense of the A1C. I have yet to even look and see what that's about except what is on the surface: Liz Cheney's ability to hold public office should be revoked until she takes a simple class on the US Constitution. This is the second person (the A1C) she has pronounced guilty before the investigation and trial. Same as she did Trump. She is no more fit to hold public office IMO than any of these other idiots.

The punishment for the crime should be the same for ALL of the above. Currently, 3 famous politicians are running around free while this E-3 was bagged and tagged by an FBI SWAT team.

But we're all equal under the law and justice is blind:rolleyes:

Black Diamond
04-15-2023, 05:59 PM
It compares in that each person mishandled/failed to properly safeguard classified material.

I cannot begin to try and remember how many times from the time of discovery to this day words to this effect in regard to Clinton's unsecure server and unsecure handling of classified information:

If this had been LCPL (Marine E-3/rank equivalent to this Airman 1st Class) Joe Shit the Ragman and not Hitlery Clinton, he'd be buried under the jail awaiting trial to be convicted.

Lo and behold:rolleyes:

The Air Force guy is calling it among other things "a deliberate act". Yeah. By an immature punk trying to impress his fellow nerds. Not excusing the crime, but how does that compare to a seasoned politician, wife of a former President, former Senator and Secretary of State who has ZERO excuse whatsoever?

He's a wet behind the ears kid who should NEVER EVER had had access to such information. That's a leadership failure.

Clinton on the other hand is arrogant, above the law, and just doesn't care. Nothing was done to her, nor is likely to be done to Bungler Biden. But this A1C and Donald Trump have clearly committed crimes:rolleyes:

Liz Cheney is calling for MTG's clearances to be revoked for her defense of the A1C. I have yet to even look and see what that's about except what is on the surface: Liz Cheney's ability to hold public office should be revoked until she takes a simple class on the US Constitution. This is the second person (the A1C) she has pronounced guilty before the investigation and trial. Same as she did Trump. She is no more fit to hold public office IMO than any of these other idiots.

The punishment for the crime should be the same for ALL of the above. Currently, 3 famous politicians are running around free while this E-3 was bagged and tagged by an FBI SWAT team.

But we're all equal under the law and justice is blind:rolleyes:
Is it possible or even likely that some arrogant ass wipe didn't protect his her information thus allowing texiera to access it ?

Gunny
04-15-2023, 06:14 PM
Is it possible or even likely that some arrogant ass wipe didn't protect his her information thus allowing texiera to access it ?I could speculate for days. It is inconceivable to me that a reservist E-3, not activated to active duty, has access to anything even remotely resembling operational plans/assessments.

The obvious answer to me is access to the information was not properly safeguarded from the top down. Or this guy hacked the system. In case of the latter, I refer to the former. Back when I was in, people got paid good money to do nothing but know who was accessing what. Where'd THAT go?

How is it some outside contractor finally traced down the leak weeks later? Where was the US military?

This is a bunch of unprofessional, lazy-ass bullshit to me.

icansayit
04-15-2023, 06:41 PM
Is it possible or even likely that some arrogant ass wipe didn't protect his her information thus allowing texiera to access it ?

I think they said he was an "I.T." geek. He had access to stuff nobody knew he could find on his own.

NOW the WORLD knows...and still. NOBODY GOT FIRED?

Gunny
04-16-2023, 10:07 AM
NYT. FWIW. Still a serious issue despite NYT's self-aggrandizing.

NYTs also has a paywall and it's a crap shoot whether or not you can see the entire commentary. It's cut n paste unfriendly. That would be the reason I ultimately decided against subscribing to the propaganda rag.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/16/briefing/pentagon-leak-suspect.html

[QUOTE]The murky digital trail started with four items posted to Russian channels on the messaging app Telegram, each consisting of a photograph of a classified U.S. intelligence report. Aric Toler (https://www.bellingcat.com/author/arictoler/), a freelance reporter who works with us, noticed that several similar documents had also been posted elsewhere and figured that the original source of the leaks had to be somewhere other than Telegram. But he couldn’t find it.“I looked and looked,” Aric said.
Then a tip came in. Somebody messaged him saying that similar material had appeared on the chat app Discord, in a channel dedicated to maps for the video game Minecraft. Aric found 10 documents there and contacted the host.
The host insisted that he was not the leaker and sounded terrified. Like a lot of the people Aric encountered during the search, the host also seemed to be a teenager. He explained that he had gotten the documents from a chat group called wow_mao on Discord. There, a user named Lucca had posted more than 100 images of leaked documents.

Aric then started livetweeting (https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1644138707216130050?s=20) his research process, and people sent him private messages. He eventually learned that Lucca was part of another chat group — called Thug Shaker Central — where hundreds of documents seemed to have been uploaded. But Thug Shaker Central had vanished, deleted by its users when the leaks became public.

At this point, a former member of Thug Shaker with the user name Vakhi contacted Aric. Lucca was not the original leaker, said Vakhi, who is 17 years old. Somebody known as O.G. was.
The granite clue

Two other Visual Investigations reporters — Christiaan Triebert and Malachy Browne — joined the effort at this point. Working with Aric, they heard from Vakhi that O.G. had started posting the documents to Thug Shaker last fall. O.G. worked at a military facility, Vakhi said, and the two of them had played video games together.

The search was on for O.G.“Thug Shaker was gone, and his fellow gamers refused to identify O.G., but we had enough information to home in on who he might be,” Malachy said. “We looked at the games he played online, who he played them with and connected those dots.”
On Steam, an app that sells video games and where users connect with other players, the reporters looked for Vakhi’s account and for the people to whom he was linked. Aric used a specialized site that scrapes and indexes Steam user data, allowing him to see user names that were associated with Vakhi and his contacts. The team figured that one of the people who had interacted with Vakhi might have been O.G.
The reporters found a such person, with the original user name of jackdjdtex. On the account, they found a screenshot from a video game identifying a player as J Teixeira.

The reporters then scoured Flickr, Instagram and other parts of the web for this mystery person. They found one photo of a Jack Teixeira in a military uniform, another of him smiling in the woods and another of him in the kitchen of his childhood home — standing near a brown-and-white-speckled granite countertop.
On Wednesday, Christiaan and Malachy spoke to another Discord member who had downloaded a new trove of 27 photographs of leaked documents. In some of them, Christiaan and another member of our team, Riley Mellen, noticed that the surface on which the documents were sitting when they were photographed. It was a brown-and-white kitchen countertop.
On Thursday, Haley Willis, another member of our team, and twocolleagues arrived before dawn at the Teixeira home in North Dighton, Mass. “We saw who we believe might have been Jack driving into the driveway,” she said. “He saw us, we saw him and his car froze for a second in the driveway.”
They approached the house. Jack’s stepfather, Thomas Dufault, a retired Air Force master sergeant, was there. Haley asked him if she could speak to Jack. “He’s not going to communicate with anybody except an attorney at this point,” the stepfather said. Soon, a plane circled overhead. It was clear the authorities were already on to him.
Back in New York, we published our investigation (https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/13/world/europe/jack-teixeira-pentagon-leak.html). Later that morning, a SWAT team arrived at the house in Massachusetts.[QUOTE]

jimnyc
04-17-2023, 01:38 PM
How does this shithead have such access and how is there access at all for such people to so easily walk out of there with protected data?

---

More Unanswered Red Flags Regarding Jack Texeira

Several former military and intelligence professionals have contacted me and voiced similar doubts about the pat story being circulated regarding National Guard Airman Jack Texeira and the allegations that he removed TOP SECRET documents from a SCIF, photographed them and then posted them to a gamer chat. They all agree, something is not right. The media account does not make sense.

The biggest oddity are the two two separate documents from the CIA’s Operations Center. Neither are complete and both deal only with the Ukrainian/Russian war. To reiterate a point from my previous article, that CIA Operations Center produces two daily reports — one in the morning and one in the afternoon. It is not a “Community” product, i.e., it is not distributed to the other intelligence agencies. It is an internal CIA document (of course, it is available to the Director of National Intelligence).

Texeira’s alleged possession of two separate reports is doubly odd because he did not copy the full reports. The one dated 1 March 2023 only shows 3 of 8 pages. If he was taking the documents to impress the youngsters on the gamer chat, why did he not take the whole enchilada? And why did he only publish the portions of the intel report that dealt exclusively with Ukraine and Russia?

There has been some media reports that he also posted a State Department EXDIS cable. I have not seen it and cannot confirm that it exists. If it does, that would be another huge red flag. EXDIS is bureaucratic speak for EXCLUSIVE DISSEMINATION. It has a cousin, NODIS — i.e., NO DISTRIBUTION. The U.S. military does not have access to such cables.

There was a time when State EXDIS was available to U.S. military commands on a restricted basis. That was pre-Chelsea Manning. After Manning’s leaks in 2010, that access was cut off. I know this first hand because I was part of a team scripting military exercises for all U.S. regional commands (i.e., EUCOM, NORTHCOM, AFRICOM, PACOM, CENTCOM and SOUTHCOM) during the course of a year. I was the State Department Subject Matter Expert. That means I had the job of creating cable traffic from the Secretary of State or U.S. Embassies that the U.S. military might see during a terrorist crisis. Prior to the Manning/Wikileaks leak, I had full access to State Department messages, including EXDIS. After Manning, that access was terminated. Not just for me but for all the uniformed personnel I worked with. All held TS SCI clearances. There has been no change in that policy, which means there is no way that Jack Texeira would have had any access to copy and take a State Department EXDIS message.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/04/more-unanswered-red-flags-regarding-jack-texeira/

Black Diamond
04-17-2023, 01:58 PM
How does this shithead have such access and how is there access at all for such people to so easily walk out of there with protected data?

---

More Unanswered Red Flags Regarding Jack Texeira

Several former military and intelligence professionals have contacted me and voiced similar doubts about the pat story being circulated regarding National Guard Airman Jack Texeira and the allegations that he removed TOP SECRET documents from a SCIF, photographed them and then posted them to a gamer chat. They all agree, something is not right. The media account does not make sense.

The biggest oddity are the two two separate documents from the CIA’s Operations Center. Neither are complete and both deal only with the Ukrainian/Russian war. To reiterate a point from my previous article, that CIA Operations Center produces two daily reports — one in the morning and one in the afternoon. It is not a “Community” product, i.e., it is not distributed to the other intelligence agencies. It is an internal CIA document (of course, it is available to the Director of National Intelligence).

Texeira’s alleged possession of two separate reports is doubly odd because he did not copy the full reports. The one dated 1 March 2023 only shows 3 of 8 pages. If he was taking the documents to impress the youngsters on the gamer chat, why did he not take the whole enchilada? And why did he only publish the portions of the intel report that dealt exclusively with Ukraine and Russia?

There has been some media reports that he also posted a State Department EXDIS cable. I have not seen it and cannot confirm that it exists. If it does, that would be another huge red flag. EXDIS is bureaucratic speak for EXCLUSIVE DISSEMINATION. It has a cousin, NODIS — i.e., NO DISTRIBUTION. The U.S. military does not have access to such cables.

There was a time when State EXDIS was available to U.S. military commands on a restricted basis. That was pre-Chelsea Manning. After Manning’s leaks in 2010, that access was cut off. I know this first hand because I was part of a team scripting military exercises for all U.S. regional commands (i.e., EUCOM, NORTHCOM, AFRICOM, PACOM, CENTCOM and SOUTHCOM) during the course of a year. I was the State Department Subject Matter Expert. That means I had the job of creating cable traffic from the Secretary of State or U.S. Embassies that the U.S. military might see during a terrorist crisis. Prior to the Manning/Wikileaks leak, I had full access to State Department messages, including EXDIS. After Manning, that access was terminated. Not just for me but for all the uniformed personnel I worked with. All held TS SCI clearances. There has been no change in that policy, which means there is no way that Jack Texeira would have had any access to copy and take a State Department EXDIS message.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/04/more-unanswered-red-flags-regarding-jack-texeira/
Sounds like someone pulled a Hillary and didn't secure it.

Black Diamond
04-17-2023, 02:09 PM
I am really thinking the person who didn't secure this info isn't real military. I.e. a politician.