PDA

View Full Version : The dove or the dog: China makes peace while baring teeth

Gunny
04-14-2023, 08:28 AM
Last Saturday, just hours after Xi Jinping sipped tea with Emmanuel Macron while calling for peace in Ukraine, fighter jets flew across the Taiwan Strait in a display of Chinese military might.

Aimed at intimidating Taiwan, China's drills began the day after a state visit by the French president that marked a high point in Chinese diplomacy.

The jarring juxtaposition was the latest example of the two faces China has presented to the world - a dovish international peacemaker, and an attack dog baring its teeth to defend what it sees as its territory.

But can Beijing sustain this strategy?

Nope. Sooner or later barking dogs have to bite or people quit listening. With China, Xi's ego is in the way of its master plan. He could just ignore Taiwan completely. What I would do. Especially with the current bungler in the WH and no hope in sight no matter which way the voters go. Time is our enemy and completely on the NEO-Axis of Evil's sides.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-65247965

Black Diamond
04-14-2023, 12:50 PM
Didn't they just broker a peace deal for Iran and Saudi

Gunny
04-15-2023, 05:24 PM
Didn't they just broker a peace deal for Iran and SaudiThat's the story. Another one of Biden's foreign policy "successes":rolleyes:

Black Diamond
04-15-2023, 05:51 PM
That's the story. Another one of Biden's foreign policy "successes":rolleyes:

Yeah and now the 3 of them are aligned with putin and a few others. Can't remember the name of the alliance. I *did* see it on a Facebook short. :cool:

Gunny
04-15-2023, 06:19 PM
Yeah and now the 3 of them are aligned with putin and a few others. Can't remember the name of the alliance. I *did* see it on a Facebook short. :cool:BRICS? Brazil is a major player in that game. Just saw where Russia is selling more oil to China and India than it selling worldwide before it invaded Ukraine.

Prelude to WW III.

Black Diamond
04-15-2023, 06:42 PM
BRICS? Brazil is a major player in that game. Just saw where Russia is selling more oil to China and India than it selling worldwide before it invaded Ukraine.

Prelude to WW III.

Yeah I think this stems from Bidens arrogance anc belligerence.
I think this whole thing escalated when he met with putin in early 2021.