PDA

View Full Version : Graham calls Marjorie Taylor Greene’s praise of US intelligence leaker ‘irresponsible

Gunny
04-16-2023, 12:45 PM
Not often these days I agree with Graham. This would be one time I do. MTG has about as much business holding public office as AOC, IMO. Different sides of the same idiot coin. In fact, I give MTG less leeway than AOC who is just red-brick stupid. MTG shows signs of intelligence overshadowed by her political extremism.

Case in point: There is NOTHING okay with a military person cherrypicking what he/she thinks is right or wrong about a mission when it compromises National security and/or that mission. To start with: if little boy blue's anit-war. WTF is he doing in the US military that has a primary mission of conducting wars?

We went through all this crap when reservists got called up for the Gulf War. Suddenly al these people who joined for the bennies didn't want to uphold their end of the bargain. That's BS. If you're too stupid to understand the nature of the military's primary game, you need to be an AOC staffer. You put your name on the dotted line, take "the Man's" money, then balk when it's time to honor your word? No sympathy nor empathy here.

I'd like to have a conversation with the person(s) allegedly supervising this punk. It would be a very one-sided and not very pretty conversation. They're as much if not more to blame than the kid himself.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/3953302-graham-calls-marjorie-taylor-greenes-praise-of-us-intelligence-leaker-irresponsible/

Black Diamond
04-16-2023, 01:03 PM
Graham isn't the king of responsibility. He's lucky putin didn't poison him.

And has he gone after the presidents veeps and secretary of states who were irresponsible with classified documents?

Gunny
04-16-2023, 01:17 PM
Graham isn't the king of responsibility. He's lucky putin didn't poison him.

And has he gone after the presidents veeps and secretary of states who were irresponsible with classified documents?First sentence, first paragraph, my previous post :)

Graham has been the definition of "and out of left field comes ....".

His statement regarding the military, the mission and one's personal politics is essentially correct. It is drilled into your brain non-stop the safeguarding of classified information. There is no doubt in our mind what the consequences are, and the markings on the info leave no doubt as to its considered importance. Back in my day, you just didn't talk about shit.

How many times have you seen myself or icansayit post something like, "I don't know what I can and cannot discuss"? It would be rather easy to have slammed some of these e-punks over the years questioning our service or what we were stating and whatnot with some serious facts. You just don't do it. Even if it means not proving your point with facts.

My reputation on the internet with some e-punks sitting in mommy's basement slinging mud at anyone whose ever been anywhere or done anything vs my integrity, not to mention the law. Not a hard choice.

Black Diamond
04-16-2023, 01:25 PM
First sentence, first paragraph, my previous post :)

Graham has been the definition of "and out of left field comes ....".

His statement regarding the military, the mission and one's personal politics is essentially correct. It is drilled into your brain non-stop the safeguarding of classified information. There is no doubt in our mind what the consequences are, and the markings on the info leave no doubt as to its considered importance. Back in my day, you just didn't talk about shit.

How many times have you seen myself or icansayit post something like, "I don't know what I can and cannot discuss"? It would be rather easy to have slammed some of these e-punks over the years questioning our service or what we were stating and whatnot with some serious facts. You just don't do it. Even if it means not proving your point with facts.

My reputation on the internet with some e-punks sitting in mommy's basement slinging mud at anyone whose ever been anywhere or done anything vs my integrity, not to mention the law. Not a hard choice.
You guys have said it a lot. But wanting to guillotine an E3 after the commanders in chief and HRC behaviors received no consequences.....

As far as it being pounded into service peoples skulls, it should be. But maybe all the concentration on pronouns and sexual orientation has taken away from the important stuff ?

Gunny
04-16-2023, 01:56 PM
You guys have said it a lot. But wanting to guillotine an E3 after the commanders in chief and HRC behaviors received no consequences.....

As far as it being pounded into service peoples skulls, it should be. But maybe all the concentration on pronouns and sexual orientation has taken away from the important stuff ?Who wants to guillotine the guy? I'm not Liz Cheney. My comments are based on what has been reported, which has changed since first report until now. He has been charged with a crime. The state needs to prove its case. If guilty, yes, he should suffer the consequences. Just as anyone else, regardless of status, name, position, should.

There's no excuse. Not for him nor anyone else. In fact, I give some immature, dumbass punk more benefit of doubt than I do career politicians who have know better since they had actual hair color.

And I can't say it enough: I'd be going after his supervisors with a fire axe. No way, in my military mind does dumbass E-3 have access nor anything eve remotely resembling access to info at this level. He was apparently not only given access, but unsupervised to the point that he could spread it all over the internet for weeks. Info at that level is supposed to have failsafes and checks and constant scrutiny as to who is accessing it, when, where and why. It should have been caught the first time numbnuts started downloading to unsecure/unapproved addresses.

As I originally stated, the A1C is responsible for his behavior and should be held accountable, but this is a failure of the entire system he works in. Not addressing the latter just leaves it open until next time.

We have Presidents and a Secretary of State doing this shit. It's not them that it will bite in the ass.

icansayit
04-16-2023, 02:15 PM
The 21 year old BROKE THE LAW. And being so young...betrayed his own nation as well. It was NOT his responsibility to disclose classified info, even if he disagreed with what he found. Making NATIONAL SECURITY SECRETS public, whether to Americans or the rest of the World IS ILLEGAL, and WRONG.

Tell you all something I regret to share here. I once worked in the same space with a young sailor named WALKER. He and his father actually stole, and sold CLASSIFIED INFO they sold to the Russians. His father was John Walker. They did far worse as the father may have been responsible for the DEATHS of Americans during Vietnam when he sold CRYPTO, classified KEY CARDS, and the Naval Equipment as well.
STUPIDITY by this young National Guard E3 is no excuse to BETRAY your own country, and ALL AMERICANS.

Black Diamond
04-16-2023, 03:57 PM
Who wants to guillotine the guy? I'm not Liz Cheney. My comments are based on what has been reported, which has changed since first report until now. He has been charged with a crime. The state needs to prove its case. If guilty, yes, he should suffer the consequences. Just as anyone else, regardless of status, name, position, should.

There's no excuse. Not for him nor anyone else. In fact, I give some immature, dumbass punk more benefit of doubt than I do career politicians who have know better since they had actual hair color.

And I can't say it enough: I'd be going after his supervisors with a fire axe. No way, in my military mind does dumbass E-3 have access nor anything eve remotely resembling access to info at this level. He was apparently not only given access, but unsupervised to the point that he could spread it all over the internet for weeks. Info at that level is supposed to have failsafes and checks and constant scrutiny as to who is accessing it, when, where and why. It should have been caught the first time numbnuts started downloading to unsecure/unapproved addresses.

As I originally stated, the A1C is responsible for his behavior and should be held accountable, but this is a failure of the entire system he works in. Not addressing the latter just leaves it open until next time.

We have Presidents and a Secretary of State doing this shit. It's not them that it will bite in the ass.

Do we know for sure that the person who didn't secure this information is in fact military? Texiera is getting the attention but what of the person or people who made the info susceptible to hacking or releasing? Sounds like T's were not crossed and I's were not dotted.

Black Diamond
04-16-2023, 04:00 PM
The 21 year old BROKE THE LAW. And being so young...betrayed his own nation as well. It was NOT his responsibility to disclose classified info, even if he disagreed with what he found. Making NATIONAL SECURITY SECRETS public, whether to Americans or the rest of the World IS ILLEGAL, and WRONG.

Tell you all something I regret to share here. I once worked in the same space with a young sailor named WALKER. He and his father actually stole, and sold CLASSIFIED INFO they sold to the Russians. His father was John Walker. They did far worse as the father may have been responsible for the DEATHS of Americans during Vietnam when he sold CRYPTO, classified KEY CARDS, and the Naval Equipment as well.
STUPIDITY by this young National Guard E3 is no excuse to BETRAY your own country, and ALL AMERICANS.
Yeah MTG should not be encouraging this kind of behavior simply because the information seems to support her world view.
How would she feel if an isolationist administration were in power and someone leaked classified information that supports invasion?

Gunny
04-17-2023, 05:07 PM
Do we know for sure that the person who didn't secure this information is in fact military? Texiera is getting the attention but what of the person or people who made the info susceptible to hacking or releasing? Sounds like T's were not crossed and I's were not dotted.I mentioned speculating in the other thread. While we sit here speculating, we still have to keep our eye on the ball and Icansayit nailed it.

If allegations are true, REGARDLESS how this guy came about this information, how he felt personally about it or whatever, he took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States. I boils down to personal and professional responsibility for one's actions.

No matter what. No matter who else is suspected or found to be involved, he alone put classified information that has endangered the lives of countless thousands throughout NATO countries, not just the US.

So yes, investigate on. If this guy is found guilty, he needs to swing. That I believe others should swing with him in that gallows at the Navy Yard they hanged all the Lincoln conspirators at once on doesn't overshadow the basic fact. It takes a deliberate act to post something you know is classified on the internet and if you're holding a TS clearance you KNOW this beyond any shadow of doubt. You know it's illegal, and you know the consequences.

Over the years I've seen some quite imaginative definitions and serious reaching for the stars in accusing some of treason. If this crime doesn't fit the actual definition then I don't know what does.

Black Diamond
04-17-2023, 05:36 PM
I mentioned speculating in the other thread. While we sit here speculating, we still have to keep our eye on the ball and Icansayit nailed it.

If allegations are true, REGARDLESS how this guy came about this information, how he felt personally about it or whatever, yup s. I boils down to personal and professional responsibility for one's actions.

No matter what. No matter who else is suspected or found to be involved, he alone put classified information that has endangered the lives of countless thousands throughout NATO countries, not just the US.

So yes, investigate on. If this guy is found guilty, he needs to swing. That I believe others should swing with him in that gallows at the Navy Yard they hanged all the Lincoln conspirators at once on doesn't overshadow the basic fact. It takes a deliberate act to post something you know is classified on the internet and if you're holding a TS clearance you KNOW this beyond any shadow of doubt. You know it's illegal, and you know the consequences.

Over the years I've seen some quite imaginative definitions and serious reaching for the stars in accusing some of treason. If this crime doesn't fit the actual definition then I don't know what does.
Yup. I am not in favor of continuing to supply Ukraine. I agree with Rev and sass on a lot of these issues. But this kid took an oath and I am having a really hard time getting around that.

Gunny
04-17-2023, 05:58 PM
Yup. I am not in favor of continuing to supply Ukraine. I agree with Rev and sass on a lot of these issues. But this kid took an oath and I am having a really hard time getting around that.Ukraine is incidental to the crime, not the issue.

I didn't agree with GWB invading Iraq and deposing Saddam and creating the current vacuum/clusterfuck in the Middle East but at no point did I not support winning it once we were in it. I was in the First Gulf War. Suppose I and others just said "not our problem and not our country" and dumped our packs and refused to man the line while our fellow Marines were taking incoming and shorthanded because those sitting out felt their personal causes more important?

Keep faith with your fellow Marines and accomplish the mission.

Insofar as endangering the lives of his fellow servicemembers by selling them out for his own personal BS? Neither sympathy nor empathy here for what befalls him as consequence.

Black Diamond
04-17-2023, 06:30 PM
Ukraine is incidental to the crime, not the issue.

I didn't agree with GWB invading Iraq and deposing Saddam and creating the current vacuum/clusterfuck in the Middle East but at no point did I not support winning it once we were in it. I was in the First Gulf War. Suppose I and others just said "not our problem and not our country" and dumped our packs and refused to man the line while our fellow Marines were taking incoming and shorthanded because those sitting out felt their personal causes more important?

Insofar as endangering the lives of his fellow servicemembers by selling them out for his own personal BS? Neither sympathy nor empathy here for what befalls him as consequence.
I have a sneaking suspicion the kid is a hero for many like Snowdon was.
Or will be.

Gunny
04-17-2023, 06:38 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion the kid is a hero for many like Snowdon was.
Or will be.An unfortunate side effect of democracy is democracy's enemies have the loudest voices and traitors are heroes.

icansayit
04-17-2023, 09:28 PM
That kid wouldn't have had to do what he did IF.....

WE HAD RESPONSIBLE PEOPLE IN GOVERNMENT WE COULD TRUST!

SassyLady
04-17-2023, 10:26 PM
Ukraine is incidental to the crime, not the issue.

So, if our guys are not in Ukraine how did this guy put our service members lives at stake?

Gunny
04-19-2023, 08:40 AM
So, if our guys are not in Ukraine how did this guy put our service members lives at stake?Who has ever said we don't have guys on the ground in Ukraine? Special forces and tekkies have been there since way before Russia invaded; especially, following Russia's annexation of Crimea. Who do you think spun up Ukraine's military to the point of being able to put up any kind of resistance to Putin's initial "special operation"?

EVERYTHING is about semantics; especially, with the US Government. The US does not have any active combat forces in Ukraine. The same plausible deniability holes are all over that. It isn't what the statement says as much as it what it doesn't say.

This twit not only endangered the lives of those advisors from the US, but the lives of countless Ukrainians/military personnel directly in harm's way.