PDA

View Full Version : A Massachusetts town recognizes “partnerships” of up to 6 people

revelarts
04-18-2023, 09:00 AM
Some U.S. cities are legitimizing polyamory

A Massachusetts town recognizes “partnerships” of up to six people

https://wng.org/roundups/some-u-s-cities-are-legitimizing-polyamory-1681761291?mkt_tok=NzEwLVFSUi0yMDkAAAGLL_8mxx04Ox1 nJXNETsqJbfMncewPqNTOhdD3ZXTkBApL7uY5rUyJQ8b9vSNjf 2lhbwmh2M95ZZ28QgpwMUEf6DS5hksyRlGO076XT3dT5yVU

Black Diamond
04-18-2023, 02:04 PM
We knew this was the next step

hjmick
04-18-2023, 02:49 PM
To my knowledge, there are no laws against people being polyamorous.

Polygamy, on the other hand, is frowned upon...

Except in a singular LDS sect, some Middle East Countries, and I think a country or two or so in Africa...

fj1200
04-18-2023, 03:49 PM
Interesting. The website's tagline.

https://wng.org/images/logo.svg
(https://wng.org/)
Sound journalism, grounded in facts and Biblical truth

No word on the biblical concubines and multiple wives of Herod. But I'd guess this is why most of my relatives have left Massachussetts.

BoogyMan
04-18-2023, 06:53 PM
Egads, there is so much wrong with this premise it is hard to know where to start.

No word on the biblical concubines and multiple wives of Herod. But I'd guess this is why most of my relatives have left Massachussetts.

revelarts
04-18-2023, 07:37 PM

Do you sincerely want to KNOW 'the word' on the biblical concubines and multiple wives of Herod?
or are you just trying to shoot spitballs from the bleachers like a kid?

fj1200
04-19-2023, 08:01 AM
Egads, there is so much wrong with this premise it is hard to know where to start.

My premise is I might be wary of any news source that has "__fill_in_the_blank__ truth" as its tagline. Truth is truth right?

Do you sincerely want to KNOW 'the word' on the biblical concubines and multiple wives of Herod?
or are you just trying to shoot spitballs from the bleachers like a kid?

Chill. :poke:

revelarts
04-19-2023, 09:23 AM
My premise is I might be wary of any news source that has "__fill_in_the_blank__ truth" as its tagline. Truth is truth right?

I wish you were as wary of the MSM news sources as you are of this one.
But, yes Truth is truth.
And I can't speak for them, However I think their point is that some truth is REVEALED Truth from the Bible.
Most other truth is simply observed or researched out by humans. (and when discovered, to many folks surprise/consternation, aligns with the Bible)

And BTW did the TAG LINE make what the article said UNtrue?
I don't get why your main concern here is "the tagline" and source when someone points out another Landmark of societies continued decline.

what's up with that?

Chill. :poke:

mmm, Not chilling on this one.
Seems to be an unnecessary pattern past couple of post.
I'm calling it out.

:slap:

fj1200
04-19-2023, 09:45 AM
I wish you were as wary of the MSM news sources as you are of this one.
But, yes Truth is truth.
And I can't speak for them, However I think their point is that some truth is REVEALED Truth from the Bible.
Most other truth is simply observed or researched out by humans. (and when discovered, to many folks surprise/consternation, aligns with the Bible)

And BTW did the TAG LINE make what the article said UNtrue?
I don't get why your main concern here is "the tagline" and source when someone points out another Landmark of societies continued decline.

what's up with that?

mmm, Not chilling on this one.
Seems to be an unnecessary pattern past couple of post.
I'm calling it out.

:slap:

I didn't doubt the story at all. I was just making a general comment when someone modifies "truth."

The pattern is far from unecessary. :)