PDA

View Full Version : Fox News lawsuit: Can it afford the $787.5m Dominion settlement?

Gunny
04-19-2023, 09:40 AM
can Donald Trump afford to keep paying legal fees? The left's systemic bleeding dry of any and all who oppose it on full display.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-65320001

fj1200
04-19-2023, 09:53 AM
I think this one is all on Fox.

Kathianne
04-19-2023, 03:18 PM
I think this one is all on Fox.

Oh for certain, though it should put "paid" on "stop the steal." Yet it won't.

revelarts
04-19-2023, 06:35 PM
sooo, will CNN, MSNBC MSM be sued for lying about ....
Trump colluding with Russia to win the election?
Mask working?
"Wet Market" caused covid?
CNN's Donna Brazil Feeding Hillary Clinton Debate questions?
For telling people it's Illegal to look at wikileaks docs?
For saying that Biden's kid's laptop was Russian Propaganda?
For saying that Biolabs in Ukraine are just "Russia Propaganda"?
Democratic plants at CNN "town halls"?
that there's aluminum tubes & yellow cake in Africa & mobile Anthrax units in Iraq?
"that the vaccines STOPS transmission."?

In 2003 the Lawyer from Fox news comment that it's LEGAL for the MSM to LIE to the public since Courts have given the OK. 2003
Project Censored
5 major news corps backed up FOX in this lawsuit.

Alex Jones and Rachel Maddow/MSNBC have both successfully used the same defense.

seems to me the recent billion $$$ Jones case and this FOX case are more messages from the powers that be than "justice".

NBC Caught Lying About Chevrolet Trucks Exploding
[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtpMzGN9uWc"]link (https://www.projectcensored.org/11-the-media-can-legally-lie/)

soory ooppies
settlement money?!?!?!

Black Diamond
04-19-2023, 09:24 PM

Gunny
04-20-2023, 07:49 AM
I think this one is all on Fox.Not because Fox is wrong. The right has to prove every accusation with at least 10 forms of concrete evidence including notes from Mom and doctor, and recognized widely enough by outside agencies that the left can't broom it under the rug.

How many "conspiracy theories" lately have turned out to be fact lately? Only to be swept under the rug? Biden's laptop comes to mind. Why is it the View, MSNBC, CNN et al are not subject to the same? I DO recall listening to "stolen election" ad nauseum from 2016-2020 from the Speaker of House and countless elected, Dem public officials and every leftwingnut pundit capable of saying two words without drooling.

Where's Adam Schiff? Hitlery and her unsecure server compared to Texiera?

We live a country with two sets of laws.

Gunny
04-20-2023, 08:57 AM
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/3959249-five-takeaways-from-the-fox-news-dominion-settlement/

SassyLady
04-20-2023, 11:37 AM
Paul Ryan hates Trump.
Paul Ryan on Fox Board.
Paul Ryan happy the election was stolen.
Paul Ryan will back any move that tarnishes Trump including keeping Dominion in the election process ... just in case.

Kathianne
04-20-2023, 04:08 PM
If the settlement had been "only" tens of millions or even low hundreds, it would be arguable that FOX wanted to avoid trial and Murdock/talent under oath. At nearing a billion, one has to assume FOX knew they had an honesty problem and a jury could ratchet up the fines on top of undermining their reputation.

While it's not on FOX alone, the whole "stop the steal" has not only furthered the divisions in country, it has added to the growing distrust of all institutions.

fj1200
04-21-2023, 06:54 AM
Not because Fox is wrong. The right has to prove every accusation with at least 10 forms of concrete evidence including notes from Mom and doctor, and recognized widely enough by outside agencies that the left can't broom it under the rug.

How many "conspiracy theories" lately have turned out to be fact lately? Only to be swept under the rug? Biden's laptop comes to mind. Why is it the View, MSNBC, CNN et al are not subject to the same? I DO recall listening to "stolen election" ad nauseum from 2016-2020 from the Speaker of House and countless elected, Dem public officials and every leftwingnut pundit capable of saying two words without drooling.

Where's Adam Schiff? Hitlery and her unsecure server compared to Texiera?

We live a country with two sets of laws.

Because they were wrong. And the trial would not have been good for Fox.

Paul Ryan hates Trump.
Paul Ryan on Fox Board.
Paul Ryan happy the election was stolen.
Paul Ryan will back any move that tarnishes Trump including keeping Dominion in the election process ... just in case.

:rolleyes:

If the settlement had been "only" tens of millions or even low hundreds, it would be arguable that FOX wanted to avoid trial and Murdock/talent under oath. At nearing a billion, one has to assume FOX knew they had an honesty problem and a jury could ratchet up the fines on top of undermining their reputation.

While it's not on FOX alone, the whole "stop the steal" has not only furthered the divisions in country, it has added to the growing distrust of all institutions.

Spot on.

Gunny
04-21-2023, 08:12 AM
Because they were wrong. And the trial would not have been good for Fox.

:rolleyes:

Spot on.

I agree the trial would not have been good for Fox. When is it ever for conservatives? The lawsuit itself is frivolous, contrived and yet again holds the right to a higher standard than the left.

I see Fox's decision to pay as damage control vs pouring money into a corrupt institution like the left's legal system.

People on the right are just as intentionally blind to what they don't want to hear as the left is the truth.

Gunny
04-21-2023, 09:16 AM

While it's not on FOX alone, the whole "stop the steal" has not only furthered the divisions in country, it has added to the growing distrust of all institutions.An institution that is corrupt to the core will never indict itself. "Stop the Steal" would require too many people to ask questions they don't want/can't handle the answers to. Better to let the institution itself constantly reinforce that it pure as the driven snow and swallow the blue pill, than address the fact that the only evidence is contrary to its claim.

After all, an indictment of the institution is in the end an indictment of ourselves. "Stop the Steal" comes to dangerously close in our minds to everything we've told is a lie and everything we are is built upon it.

revelarts
04-21-2023, 09:37 AM
Sad thing is I'm still not sure if Dominion DIDN'T do something.
Who's been allowed to thoroughly and independently review their systems?
Did i miss that part? maybe I did.

the Dems questioned BushII both times He was elected.
The 1st WAS in fact stolen. Based on evidence i've seen, and the voting machines likely play a part in it, but mostly it was by changing the voter rolls prior to the election.

the Dems questioned Trumps election for 4 years, with BS claims that RUSSIA "HACKED" & influenced the election.
No lawsuits against the MSM for constantly reporting all the BS about Trump.

Or the Truth about BushII.

If people were a bit more honest and less tribal, the fact that there's Cheating happening in our national elections would be a BIPARTISAN issue to address rather than supposedly causing more division.

fj1200
04-21-2023, 09:49 AM
I agree the trial would not have been good for Fox. When is it ever for conservatives? The lawsuit itself is frivolous, contrived and yet again holds the right to a higher standard than the left.

I see Fox's decision to pay as damage control vs pouring money into a corrupt institution like the left's legal system.

People on the right are just as intentionally blind to what they don't want to hear as the left is the truth.

It's not frivolous because you don't just get to say what you want about another entity. Moreso here when they've got evidence that the on-air "talent" didn't apparently really believe what they were putting out.

Sad thing is I'm still not sure if Dominion DIDN'T do something.
Who's been allowed to thoroughly and independently review their systems?
Did i miss that part? maybe I did.

the Dems questioned BushII both times He was elected.
The 1st WAS in fact stolen. Based on evidence i've seen, and the voting machines likely play a part in it, but mostly it was by changing the voter rolls prior to the election.

the Dems questioned Trumps election for 4 years, with BS claims that RUSSIA "HACKED" & influenced the election.
No lawsuits against the MSM for constantly reporting all the BS about Trump.

Or the Truth about BushII.

If people were a bit more honest and less tribal, the fact that there's Cheating happening in our national elections would be a BIPARTISAN issue to address rather than supposedly causing more division.

How about someone prove that Dominion actually did something vs you're being "not sure." The Dems questioned Bush but they didn't defame a private entity.

revelarts
04-21-2023, 10:31 PM
How about someone prove that Dominion actually did something vs you're being "not sure." The Dems questioned Bush but they didn't defame a private entity.
I think the way you've come to the question goes to one the main turing points (stink points) of the issue

Elections are not supposed to be handled by private corporations that claim proprietor aspects which they can keep secret from the public.
From the VOTERS!
That's just Crazy.

How can anyone be sure of honest elections if rando corporations control access to the voting machines & technology?

And folks like you don't even want corporations QUESTIONED or Accused by the media except under threat of billion dollar law suits.
But somehow it all fair play for the media to Lie, slander & accuse public officials & politicians of all stripes.
Fair to lie to every voter in the country without any penalty even being considered.

But A "private entity" (that's running a public election) OMG NO ONE should accuse or lie about them that's "illegal".

Sorry FJ, it's BS.

I'm not sure if they did anything wrong, and YOU are not sure either.
Seems to me it should NOT be an answer only Dominion knows for sure.
Doesn't that make sense FJ?

Or is the protection of Dominion's corporate rep from FOX by a billion dollar lawsuit a more vital legal point to you?

I mean the corporation might lose something like .. well MONEY... we can't have that.
Even if it means we never know if our national elections are corrupt i guess right?

we need paper ballots. period.

fj1200
04-22-2023, 07:42 AM
^Rant noted. I can only say that you should prove it. Guilty until proven innocent isn't the way we go about things in this country or hasn't been until we decided that each side should just scream at the other side from our sound-proof silos.

FWIW Fox just decided to pay out 1bb dollars... That would pay for a lot of lawyers and investigators to prove allegations wouldn't it?

revelarts
04-22-2023, 08:29 AM
I think the way you've come to the question goes to one the main turing points (stink points) of the issue

Elections are not supposed to be handled by private corporations that claim proprietor aspects which they can keep secret from the public.
From the VOTERS!
That's just Crazy.

How can anyone be sure of honest elections if rando corporations control access to the voting machines & technology?

And folks like you don't even want corporations QUESTIONED or Accused by the media except under threat of billion dollar law suits.
But somehow it all fair play for the media to Lie, slander & accuse public officials & politicians of all stripes.
Fair to lie to every voter in the country without any penalty even being considered.

But A "private entity" (that's running a public election) OMG NO ONE should accuse or lie about them that's "illegal".

Sorry FJ, it's BS.

I'm not sure if they did anything wrong, and YOU are not sure either.
Seems to me it should NOT be an answer only Dominion knows for sure.
Doesn't that make sense FJ?

Or is the protection of Dominion's corporate rep from FOX by a billion dollar lawsuit a more vital legal point to you?

I mean the corporation might lose something like .. well MONEY... we can't have that.
Even if it means we never know if our national elections are corrupt i guess right?

we need paper ballots. period.

^Rant noted. I can only say that you should prove it. Guilty until proven innocent isn't the way we go about things in this country or hasn't been until we decided that each side should just scream at the other side from our sound-proof silos.

FWIW Fox just decided to pay out 1bb dollars... That would pay for a lot of lawyers and investigators to prove allegations wouldn't it?

^Ignoring of the primary problems of public elections & secret tech and continued defense of corporations noted.

Gunny
04-22-2023, 09:24 AM
It's not frivolous because you don't just get to say what you want about another entity. Moreso here when they've got evidence that the on-air "talent" didn't apparently really believe what they were putting out.

How about someone prove that Dominion actually did something vs you're being "not sure." The Dems questioned Bush but they didn't defame a private entity.It is frivolous. Ans speaking of "prove the election was stolen', what proven damages specifically were incurred by Dem minion? I haven't seen where anyone has stated they will no longer use Dem minion voting machines because of Fox pundits opinions.

If it was "proven", I'm not even going look to see what shallow burden of proof the Dems had to meet since all they ever have to do is accuse and it's fact.

I won't belabor the free speech thing. There's no such thing. The least they could do is be fair and equal. I can easily get over not being able to say what I want. Had to all my life.

I'm NEVER going to get over unequal and/or unfair; especially, in law, where justice is supposed to be blind.

How come MSNBC, CNN and/or the View, to name a few, aren't completely bankrupt? The can't read a 3 word sentence without something defamatory about the right. What about that sockpuppet in the WH all but declaring Republicans extremists with Marines in Dress Blue with a blood red background? No damage there?

Wrong is wrong no matter how much lipstick you put on the pig.

fj1200
04-22-2023, 05:12 PM
^Ignoring of the primary problems of public elections & secret tech and continued defense of corporations noted.

The problem is I haven't ignored a thing. I'm talking about a lawsuit. I can easily discuss how we can run elections better in this country as a separate issue not tied to ridiculous Dominion comments by paid FOX talking heads.

It is frivolous. Ans speaking of "prove the election was stolen', what proven damages specifically were incurred by Dem minion? I haven't seen where anyone has stated they will no longer use Dem minion voting machines because of Fox pundits opinions.

If it was "proven", I'm not even going look to see what shallow burden of proof the Dems had to meet since all they ever have to do is accuse and it's fact.

I won't belabor the free speech thing. There's no such thing. The least they could do is be fair and equal. I can easily get over not being able to say what I want. Had to all my life.

I'm NEVER going to get over unequal and/or unfair; especially, in law, where justice is supposed to be blind.

How come MSNBC, CNN and/or the View, to name a few, aren't completely bankrupt? The can't read a 3 word sentence without something defamatory about the right. What about that sockpuppet in the WH all but declaring Republicans extremists with Marines in Dress Blue with a blood red background? No damage there?

Wrong is wrong no matter how much lipstick you put on the pig.

The truth is a defense to defamation. Apparently Fox chose not to go that route.

Gunny
04-23-2023, 11:14 AM
The problem is I haven't ignored a thing. I'm talking about a lawsuit. I can easily discuss how we can run elections better in this country as a separate issue not tied to ridiculous Dominion comments by paid FOX talking heads.

The truth is a defense to defamation. Apparently Fox chose not to go that route.Lose/lose deal for the defendant against an accusation by the left and institutional law. Which costs less? Paying off the accuser or going through the capitalist US judiciary and maybe winning?

fj1200
04-23-2023, 06:03 PM
Lose/lose deal for the defendant against an accusation by the left and institutional law. Which costs less? Paying off the accuser or going through the capitalist US judiciary and maybe winning?

Settling.