PDA

View Full Version : Huge majority of Americans oppose Biden running again, citing one 'major' factor: pol

Gunny
04-24-2023, 08:57 AM
Misleading header. One would think the worsmith's could have done a better job and fit this part in:

Same poll shows majority of Americans oppose former President Trump running for reelection

What does that say about our political parties when the majorities, respectively, don't want their candidates they're going to shove down our throats anyway?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/huge-majority-americans-oppose-biden-running-again-citing-major-factor-poll

Gunny
04-24-2023, 09:34 AM
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3965267-majorities-dont-want-biden-trump-to-run-in-2024-survey/

Kathianne
04-24-2023, 12:52 PM
Yet there seems to be substantial numbers that cling to each of these men. The corruption of society seems a fait accompli to me.

hjmick
04-24-2023, 02:03 PM
They did it to us in 2016, then again in 2020, why would we expect anything different in 2024?

BOHICA baby!

I said it then, and I say it still...

If everyone who didn't like the Democrat candidate but voted for them anyway because they didn't like the Republican candidate, and If everyone who didn't like the Republican candidate but voted for them anyway because they didn't like the Democrat candidate had all voted a third party candidate, it would have shaken things up like we've never seen. But hey, as long as folks are more concerned about their "side" winning, those of who care more about country than we do about party will continue to get the short end of the stick.

Kathianne
04-24-2023, 02:11 PM
They did it to us in 2016, then again in 2020, why would we expect anything different in 2024?

BOHICA baby!

I said it then, and I say it still...

If everyone who didn't like the Democrat candidate but voted for them anyway because they didn't like the Republican candidate, and If everyone who didn't like the Republican candidate but voted for them anyway because they didn't like the Democrat candidate had all voted a third party candidate, it would have shaken things up like we've never seen. But hey, as long as folks are more concerned about their "side" winning, those of who care more about country than we do about party will continue to get the short end of the stick.

Maybe. I couldn't vote for Hillary in lieu of Trump, she was worse. Pretty sure people on left, no matter how moderate did not go for Trump over Biden.

Truth is beyond bad choice on both sides.

hjmick
04-24-2023, 02:18 PM
Maybe. I couldn't vote for Hillary in lieu of Trump, she was worse. Pretty sure people on left, no matter how moderate went for Trump over Biden.

Truth is beyond bad choice on both sides.

I couldn't vote for either of them. Gary Johnson got my vote for the second cycle in a row. Then Jorgensen. Both times they better represented my beliefs than the "mainstream" choices.

Kathianne
04-24-2023, 02:28 PM
Just updated my previous post, I so hate texting posts. 😒