PDA

View Full Version : Calif. Again Crushes Smokers Under its Heals

Immanuel
10-11-2007, 09:43 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071011/ap_on_re_us/schwarzenegger_bills

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - California motorists will risk fines of up to $100 next year if they are caught smoking in cars with minors, making their state the third to protect children in vehicles from secondhand smoke.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on Wednesday signed a bill that will make it an infraction to smoke in a vehicle if someone under age 18 is present. But the traffic stop would have to be made for another offense, such as speeding or an illegal turn, before the driver could be cited for smoking.

The ban, which takes effect Jan. 1, joins a string of smoking prohibitions adopted in California, including a ban on smoking in enclosed workplaces and within 25 feet of a playground.

That hated class of people are once again treated as fourth class citizens. You know, it is more acceptable to do Crack or Heroine than it is to smoke tobacco.

Thank God I never got hooked on either one!

Immie

darin
10-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Aggreed - it's a shame. :(

manu1959
10-11-2007, 10:16 AM
you shouldn't smoke around your children anyway .... especially in a confined space such as a car .....

Immanuel
10-11-2007, 11:18 AM
you shouldn't smoke around your children anyway .... especially in a confined space such as a car .....

I don't. That doesn't mean that I think the government should tell me what I can or cannot do. Isn't the liberal argument against regulation of abortion always, "the government has no right to tell me what I can or cannot do with my body"? And don't try and tell me abortion doesn't hurt anyone else.

My parents smoked around me all the time when I was a kid and I am a perfectly norm... um well, your point is well taken. :)

Immie

gabosaurus
10-11-2007, 12:04 PM
I totally agree. Smoking around kids is a form of child abuse.
I love California laws prohibiting smoking in all public places. If you want to smell like rancid dog shit, do it in your own home.

red states rule
10-11-2007, 12:08 PM
I love California laws prohibiting smoking in all public places. If you want to smell like rancid dog shit, do it in your own home.

They ARE trying to stop you from smoking in your own home in CA

In MD, the libs are trying to make it a crime if smoke from your back porch bothers your nieghbor

gabosaurus
10-11-2007, 12:10 PM
And I agree. Smoking makes you less than a fourth-class citizen. You are merely inviting cancer and death upon yourself and your dependents.

red states rule
10-11-2007, 12:13 PM
And I agree. Smoking makes you less than a fourth-class citizen. You are merely inviting cancer and death upon yourself and your dependents.

You have more p[ositions then a Bill Clinton intern

First you say

love California laws prohibiting smoking in all public places. If you want to smell like rancid dog shit, do it in your own home.

Then you say

Which is it?

Or were you for people smoking in their own homes before you were against it?

Immanuel
10-11-2007, 12:13 PM

Do you know what is next?

If you have children under the age of 18, you may not smoke in your house, outside your house or anywhere on your property, in fact no where in the State of California.

I do not smoke. In fact, I despise the smell of it as you appear to, but I do not support the removal of the right of adults to make their own decisions to smoke or not.

After they finish with smokers, who is next?

Immie

red states rule
10-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Do you know what is next?

If you have children under the age of 18, you may not smoke in your house, outside your house or anywhere on your property, in fact no where in the State of California.

I do not smoke. In fact, I despise the smell of it as you appear to, but I do not support the removal of the right of adults to make their own decisions to smoke or not.

After they finish with smokers, who is next?

Immie

Gabby must be an agent for the Federal Agency to Regulate Tobacco

FART for short

gabosaurus
10-11-2007, 12:18 PM
If you actually read my posts, you would know that I am saying the same thing. Not that you are educated enough to be able to comprehend that.

red states rule
10-11-2007, 12:20 PM
If you actually read my posts, you would know that I am saying the same thing. Not that you are educated enough to be able to comprehend that.

I see you have no problem taking rights away from US citizens you "disapprove" of

gabosaurus
10-11-2007, 12:22 PM
I see you have no problem taking rights away from US citizens you "disapprove" of

It's the American way. Look at gays and non-favored religions.

red states rule
10-11-2007, 12:24 PM
It's the American way. Look at gays and non-favored religions.

So what rights are gays having their taken away?

What religions are you talking about?

April15
10-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Belmont has passed a new law prohibiting smoking in any apartment, condo, duplex or public area and gives managers 8 months or so for renters, owners to come into compliance. I think it is great! I love living in the most forward looking state in the Union!