PDA

View Full Version : Coca-Cola shareholders vote down proposal that targets pro-life states

Gunny
05-02-2023, 08:44 AM
I'd say 87% is getting slapped down. Business before SJW BS at Coca Cola. Since the stuff is pretty much pure poison helath-wise, ti wouldn't take much to get them on the boycott list :)

Coca-Cola (https://www.foxbusiness.com/category/coca-cola) shareholders recently voted against a proposal to conduct a survey into how state laws restricting abortion impact the company's business performance.
"Shareholders request that Coca-Cola's Board of Directors issue a public report prior to December 31, 2023, omitting confidential information and at a reasonable expense, detailing any known and potential risks or costs to the company caused by enacted or proposed state policies severely restricting reproductive rights, and detailing any strategies beyond litigation and legal compliance that the company may deploy to minimize or mitigate these risks," the proposal stated.
The proposal was introduced by As You Saw, a nonprofit that promotes ESG policies in corporations. Eighty-seven percent of controlling shares voted against the measure.
full article: https://www.foxnews.com/media/coco-cola-shareholders-vote-down-proposal-targets-pro-life-states

fj1200
05-02-2023, 09:03 AM
I guess a study about states eliminating future customers vs protecting future customers wasn't on the docket?

Gunny
05-02-2023, 09:12 AM
I guess a study about states eliminating future customers vs protecting future customers wasn't on the docket?

Just my opinion, but if it was me? I'd keep my damned mouth shut and politics to myself nowadays was I trying to make a living as a corporation. There appears to be no end of crybabies from all sides ready to wail their asses off and the MSM willing to facilitate whoever is crying the loudest.

Promote the brand. It's what you're selling. Coca Cola, AB, et al don't give a damned who drinks their crap. Trying to "include" a niche group of less than 1% of the population at the expense of any-or-everyone else is just bad business.