PDA

View Full Version : Kremlin Says Putin Survived Overnight Assassination Attempt

jimnyc
05-03-2023, 12:57 PM
Oh boy, if legit this is gonna cause a little stir!

---

Kremlin Says Putin Survived Overnight Assassination Attempt

The Russian presidential administration said Wednesday that the Kremlin was attacked by drones overnight in an attempt on President Vladimir Putin’s life.

Moscow residents had reported hearing two explosions behind Kremlin walls shortly after 2 a.m. local time, after which the lights went out. Footage shared by residents in a local Telegram channel captured the incident, as smoke was seen filling the sky above the Kremlin. Videos also appeared to show part of the Kremlin on fire.

Now, authorities say it was a brazen attack by Ukraine using two drones, both of which they say have been destroyed.

https://i.imgur.com/8Bzrrvn.png

Rest - https://uk.news.yahoo.com/kremlin-says-putin-survived-overnight-114602738.html

jimnyc
05-03-2023, 12:59 PM
I didn't watch the video before posting, now that I watch it - it appeared to be a regular consumer drone rigged with a grenade. Deadly, but not exactly gonna take a building down. Doesn't look like an assassination attempt to me, especially since it blew up to no harm it appears.

jimnyc
05-03-2023, 01:01 PM
Making up a reason maybe?

---

ULTIMATE REVENGE Russia threatens nuclear retaliation after accusing Ukraine of trying to assassinate Putin with drone strikes on Kremlin

RUSSIA threatened nuclear revenge today after accusing Ukraine of trying to assassinate Vladimir Putin in a drone strike on the Kremlin.

Footage showed a flying object exploding in flames overnight above the fortress in central Moscow where the president has his office and an apartment.

Putin, 70, was not inside at the time and was not injured, the Kremlin said.

Ukraine's president Volodymr Zelensky today denied his country had attacked Russia or Putin.

But the Kremlin blasted the alleged strike as a "planned terrorist action" - and said it reserves the right to retaliate.

And the Speaker of the Russian parliament Vyacheslav Volodin - an intimate Putin ally - appeared to demand a nuclear strike on Ukraine.

He raged: "An attack on the president is an attack on Russia.

"There can be no negotiations. We will demand the use of weapons that are capable of stopping and destroying the Kyiv terrorist regime."

Moscow's nuclear doctrine clearly states their forces can use nuclear weapons when the country's "very existence" is at risk.

Russian authorities claim they downed two unmanned aerial vehicles that were aimed at the presidential complex - where Putin is known to increasingly live during the war.

Rest - https://www.the-sun.com/news/8025198/ukraine-tries-assassinate-putin-drone/

fj1200
05-03-2023, 01:50 PM
---

Russia threatens nuclear retaliation

https://www.dictionary.com/e/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/that-escalated-quickly-300x300.jpg

Black Diamond
05-03-2023, 02:49 PM
What if putin follows through on the threats ?

Gunny
05-03-2023, 05:10 PM
Making up a reason maybe?

---

ULTIMATE REVENGE Russia threatens nuclear retaliation after accusing Ukraine of trying to assassinate Putin with drone strikes on Kremlin

RUSSIA threatened nuclear revenge today after accusing Ukraine of trying to assassinate Vladimir Putin in a drone strike on the Kremlin.

Footage showed a flying object exploding in flames overnight above the fortress in central Moscow where the president has his office and an apartment.

Putin, 70, was not inside at the time and was not injured, the Kremlin said.

Ukraine's president Volodymr Zelensky today denied his country had attacked Russia or Putin.

But the Kremlin blasted the alleged strike as a "planned terrorist action" - and said it reserves the right to retaliate.

And the Speaker of the Russian parliament Vyacheslav Volodin - an intimate Putin ally - appeared to demand a nuclear strike on Ukraine.

He raged: "An attack on the president is an attack on Russia.

"There can be no negotiations. We will demand the use of weapons that are capable of stopping and destroying the Kyiv terrorist regime."

Moscow's nuclear doctrine clearly states their forces can use nuclear weapons when the country's "very existence" is at risk.

Russian authorities claim they downed two unmanned aerial vehicles that were aimed at the presidential complex - where Putin is known to increasingly live during the war.

Rest - https://www.the-sun.com/news/8025198/ukraine-tries-assassinate-putin-drone/
Asshole starts a war then goes ballistic because someone allegedly tried to kill him. Can't imagine how that might be the consequence for one's own actions:rolleyes:

While the paranoid drama queen may be playing this for all it's worth, I seriously doubt Ukraine is behind it. Too distant a target with too little chance of success.

On the other hand, wouldn't surprise me a bit to find out Putin himself orchestrated a half-ass attack on his vacant apartment. Has all the hallmarks of a Putin attack, for one thing. From all accounts, he's pretty desperate to stir up some support. An attack on el presidente might get the patriots all in a froth.

Gunny
05-03-2023, 05:15 PM
What if putin follows through on the threats ?Then he does. Be just like him to gin up his own excuse to escalate a war he isn't winning.

No point to fearing something we have no say in nor control over. We elected all the right people to make all the right decisions for us :rolleyes:

Black Diamond
05-03-2023, 05:25 PM
Then he does. Be just like him to gin up his own excuse to escalate a war he isn't winning.

No point to fearing something we have no say in nor control over. We elected all the right people to make all the right decisions for us :rolleyes:

If he uses them does China take Taiwan?

Black Diamond
05-03-2023, 05:48 PM
What if nato did it ?

Gunny
05-05-2023, 07:27 AM
If he uses them does China take Taiwan?The "threat" is much as always, and the same one we make: they will retaliate against who they blame when they see fit. Nothing definitive. Using a false flag as the premise for increasing the level of violence.

What I find ludicrous on all parts, not just the Russians, is the idea that the accumulated effect of firing off hundreds of smaller, "tactical" nuclear rounds will somehow leave less radioactive damage than using one or more, large ones. I'm quite sure there is some egghead with a slide rule to explain it away:rolleyes: They might not leave the atmospheric fallout and residual effect from a large bomb, but as far as contamination on the ground?

I don't see this as a reason for China to make a unilateral move against Taiwan. Nothing has changed in that AO. LOTS of speculation here. Why would China move on Taiwan before China is ready and mostly assured victory? China has gotten and still is getting way more mileage out of threatening to invade than it's ever going to get by doing it.