PDA

View Full Version : Serbians hand in guns and question culture of violence after two shootings

Gunny
05-19-2023, 08:37 AM
Our future.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65597622

Black Diamond
05-19-2023, 12:56 PM
I bet if they had done this in 1914, the archduke and his wife would still have been murdered.

Gunny
05-20-2023, 06:58 PM
I bet if they had done this in 1914, the archduke and his wife would still have been murdered.IIRC, the original plot involved a bomb, not a handgun.

Then again, if Archduke Ferdinand had a lick of sense, he wouldn't have been murdered on that particular day. Surviving one failed attempt, he insisted on continuing on with is grand dog-n-pony show. Pretty sure I'd have called it day after the first attempt.

Black Diamond
05-20-2023, 07:28 PM
IIRC, the original plot involved a bomb, not a handgun.

Then again, if Archduke Ferdinand had a lick of sense, he wouldn't have been murdered on that particular day. Surviving one failed attempt, he insisted on continuing on with is grand dog-n-pony show. Pretty sure I'd have called it day after the first attempt.

Along the same lines. Didn't they tell kennedy not to go to Dallas?

Gunny
05-22-2023, 07:46 AM
Along the same lines. Didn't they tell kennedy not to go to Dallas?Without looking it up and going off memory, it is alleged that the FBI thwarted an assassination plot before it ever happened in Chicago a couple of days before Dallas. Something like that.

I've seen so much crap on the JFK assassination I tend to filter out stuff with no traction. Think about it. Was I a Secret Service agent assigned to the President, I'd cringe every time he walked out the door, and warn him not to.

As President, where do you draw the line? Prior to the current administration, hiding in your basement was not considered Presidential behavior. Along that line, I have always suspected the Dems of stacking the deck by ensuring the Dem VP is enough to scare anyone with a brain cell away from assassinating the puppet at the top.

SassyLady
05-22-2023, 06:57 PM
And we got Biden anyway without anyone assassinating Obama. Still can't believe people believe he was elected.

revelarts
05-23-2023, 06:48 AM
Without looking it up and going off memory, it is alleged that the FBI thwarted an assassination plot before it ever happened in Chicago a couple of days before Dallas. Something like that.

I've seen so much crap on the JFK assassination I tend to filter out stuff with no traction. Think about it. Was I a Secret Service agent assigned to the President, I'd cringe every time he walked out the door, and warn him not to.

As President, where do you draw the line? Prior to the current administration, hiding in your basement was not considered Presidential behavior. Along that line, I have always suspected the Dems of stacking the deck by ensuring the Dem VP is enough to scare anyone with a brain cell away from assassinating the puppet at the top.

Bingo
and remember this VP?
Dan Quayle.

https://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/media/image/2020/03/25/B3-THOM-Bush-Quayle_c0-111-693-515_s885x516.jpg?bcf36aeebdd1b56873825e5e9473da393 ebbe878

Gunny
05-23-2023, 11:10 AM
Bingo
and remember this VP?
Dan Quayle.

https://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/media/image/2020/03/25/B3-THOM-Bush-Quayle_c0-111-693-515_s885x516.jpg?bcf36aeebdd1b56873825e5e9473da393 ebbe878Can be said about most Republican VPs. Who? I don't recall seeing nor hearing much from GHWB while Reagan was President. He threw up his broccoli at some formal, State dinner in Japan?

The Dems have the activist VPs and First Lady's. One would have thought Hitlery was the President and Secretary of State half the time when Bubba was occupying the WH. Then there's our current VP who is nothing but an international embarrassment and joke. There are those who say Jill Biden is the current F-up's special ed babysitter.

Who knew who Pence was before Trump started railing and trying to strong arm him regarding election certification?

There's always been a stark difference between D's and R's VPs/First Lady's. To me, anyway. A most annoying one when it comes to the dems. Nobody elected Hitlery, Michelle, nor Jill. Hitlery, specifically, flitting all over the World on the taxpayer dime ticked me off. Look what she accomplished. Putting us in bed with China.

Black Diamond
05-23-2023, 12:25 PM
Can be said about most Republican VPs. Who? I don't recall seeing nor hearing much from GHWB while Reagan was President. He threw up his broccoli at some formal, State dinner in Japan?

The Dems have the activist VPs and First Lady's. One would have thought Hitlery was the President and Secretary of State half the time when Bubba was occupying the WH. Then there's our current VP who is nothing but an international embarrassment and joke. There are those who say Jill Biden is the current F-up's special ed babysitter.

Who knew who Pence was before Trump started railing and trying to strong arm him regarding election certification?

There's always been a stark difference between D's and R's VPs/First Lady's. To me, anyway. A most annoying one when it comes to the dems. Nobody elected Hitlery, Michelle, nor Jill. Hitlery, specifically, flitting all over the World on the taxpayer dime ticked me off. Look what she accomplished. Putting us in bed with China.

His point is Quayle was "assassination insurance " Lee Atwater who was Bush campaign manager actually called him that.