PDA

View Full Version : Bets on the Ceiling and Who Will Cave?

Gunny
05-23-2023, 11:21 AM
Been busy, and sick. Just watching these myopic politicians play politics with our economy, not to mention the World's. My personal feeling on the matter is I would like to employ some of this "old man strength" backhanding a bunch of these colossal screwups in the mouth.

There's a time and place to make a stand. This ain't it. Something the Republicans can't fathom is when you do what is necessary to attain the positions of power to call the shots, you don't have to play obstructionist with everyone's livelihoods. On that score, the future's not looking any different from where I sit. They're just doing the same damned thing expecting a different result.

Last I checked, the Republicans repeatedly have had to cave at the last minute. The Dems don't care who nor what gets destroyed in pursuit of their agenda. I give you the current SOU as proof enough for me.

Black Diamond
05-23-2023, 12:24 PM
I'll blame Biden if we default. Just like I blamed Obama.

icansayit
05-23-2023, 08:07 PM
As my Dad told me long ago. "Never Trust Any Politician."
In this case. How is it any different than How Hillary Got Away with Benghazi....and

Destroying 33,000 emails???

It no longer matters about how the Debt Ceiling will end up.
DOES $31 TRILLION DOLLARS RING ANY BELLS?

Gunny
05-24-2023, 10:28 AM
As my Dad told me long ago. "Never Trust Any Politician."
In this case. How is it any different than How Hillary Got Away with Benghazi....and

Destroying 33,000 emails???

It no longer matters about how the Debt Ceiling will end up.
DOES $31 TRILLION DOLLARS RING ANY BELLS?

Money is a societal construct, Most of it's true value is based on trust based on perception. Destroy those two, you destroy its value. Based on my observation, the masses are willfully blind to the amounts believing the government will always bail us out.

When the government has nothing left to bail with, it's going to come for the rest. And to think the reason given for rebellion against King George was taxation without representation:rolleyes: