PDA

View Full Version : First Republican publicly supports ousting McCarthy as Speaker

Gunny
05-30-2023, 07:47 PM
Anyone who didn't see this coming when McCarthy agreed to the BS was probably doing something that mattered :)

Someone asked that if one planned to destroy this country, what would one do differently than Biden?

Same question: If the GOP was out to destroy itself, what could it do differently than it currently is? The Dems don't even have to try. Look who's occupying the WH.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4026377-first-republican-publicly-supports-ousting-mccarthy-as-speaker/

Black Diamond
05-30-2023, 11:15 PM
I will still blame Biden if we default. He's the potus.

Gunny
05-31-2023, 05:46 PM
I will still blame Biden if we default. He's the potus.I posted another thread about defaulting. Seems the government is raking in a lot more bucks than it takes to pay the bills on a monthly basis. Isn't that how WE, the peasants have to do it? Or go to jail?

Biden spends like a drunk at the bar with a credit card. Of course it's primarily his fault. But the Republicans keep posturing themselves into the position of looking like the bad guys. Every time.

Having a hard time with the level of stupid going on.

Black Diamond
05-31-2023, 09:03 PM
I posted another thread about defaulting. Seems the government is raking in a lot more bucks than it takes to pay the bills on a monthly basis. Isn't that how WE, the peasants have to do it? Or go to jail?

Biden spends like a drunk at the bar with a credit card. Of course it's primarily his fault. But the Republicans keep posturing themselves into the position of looking like the bad guys. Every time.

Having a hard time with the level of stupid going on.
Default looks far less likely now

Gunny
06-01-2023, 04:00 PM
Default looks far less likely nowThe Democrats aren't for default. I have not corroborated the statement that the Dems have never used defaulting the National debt as a political tool. Doesn't mean they won't/wouldn't, it's just reported they haven't.

The Republicans set that precedent and the Republicans will take the blame if it happens. Blame stumblin' Joe all you want, but he is also not the only one who has spent us into a hole. Lot of reasons, some good, some bad. He's just gone the craziest doing it. Then, I'm pretty sure he's out to destroy current society and remake it to the Dem's desires.

The debt didn't crop up 3 years ago. GWB mortgaged us out to China. Obama sold us completely out to China. Our largest debtor is still Japan from back in the 80s.

IMO, this whole thing is a joke, and just political theater by the establishment politicians to keep our eye off the ball. When this is done, can't wait to see what's next:rolleyes:

In the meantime, if any of us handled our personal finances the way the government handles our finances, we'd have the IRS, courts, and half the repo guys in the country after us.

The biggest problem I see? The people themselves don't want to pay their debts. They certainly don't want to pay the government's. Responsibility is a thing of the past in this country. In the government and with the people.