PDA

View Full Version : Dillema

LiberalNation
10-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Okay so i was walking along the back field behind the houses when I came upon a turned sideways barrel behind a house with a really starved dog chained up, no food present. Looked in the barrel and there were 8 young puppies. Alive, momma dog extrmely sweet. So I run home and get her some food. This was yesterday. Go back, today with food, same situation, no food or water present for the dog, all puppies still alive, momma chained.

What should I do, I hate to call the law or whatever but don't want to see that poor dog and her puppies starve to death or freeze this winter. I could unchain the dog and let her follow me home but that would be like stealing even if they don't give a damn enough to feed there dog. Makes me sad knowing they are out there, she's so thin all the ribs showing, hips sticking out, butt bone sticking out, you can see every bone in this dogs body through the skin. Not sure what I should do tho if anything.

Abbey Marie
10-11-2007, 04:05 PM
I would call the local SPCA. The dog will get help, and the owners need to receive a lesson.

Bless you for feeding her.

LiberalNation
10-11-2007, 04:09 PM
The only people I know of in the area are the humane society. They kill a lot of the animals they take in, hate to see her put down. Real sweet dog but I doubt she's healthy or pretty enough for them to keep. Plus 8 puppies.

darin
10-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Absolutely call Animal Control/Rescue.

Abbey Marie
10-11-2007, 04:11 PM
The only people I know of in the area are the humane society. They kill a lot of the animals they take in, hate to see her put down. Real sweet dog but I doubt she's healthy or pretty enough for them to keep. Plus 8 puppies.

Unless you can keep her, she's better off than staying chained up and starving. Does the Humane Society investigate animal cruelty and seek prosecution? If so, go with them.

LiberalNation
10-11-2007, 04:14 PM
I could keep her but doubt my parents would let me. Yeah I'll call them I guess. Parents really wont want me to meddle in their business and contact the law tho.

Guernicaa
10-11-2007, 04:21 PM
I would contact whatever souces are going to get the owner into the most trouble and are going to put the dogs into the best homes.

LiberalNation
10-11-2007, 04:24 PM
I don't want to get the owners in trouble. That could end up causing me trouble with pissed off family members ect. Just don't want to see the dog and her puppies starved to death.

darin
10-11-2007, 04:29 PM
What's more important to you? Perhaps rescuing (maybe putting-down) this dog and her puppes, or hard-feelings from jerks who leave their dog in such a condition?

Guernicaa
10-11-2007, 04:32 PM
To be honest, I would have no problem calling the cops on anyone outside of my direct family if they're severly abusing dogs.

Abbey Marie
10-11-2007, 04:46 PM
To be honest, I would have no problem calling the cops on anyone outside of my direct family if they're severly abusing dogs.

Me too.

LN, I think you can remain anonymous, anyway?

Mr. P
10-11-2007, 04:48 PM
I don't want to get the owners in trouble. That could end up causing me trouble with pissed off family members ect. Just don't want to see the dog and her puppies starved to death.

You can probably do this and remain anonymous. Call the Humane society and ask.

Mr. P
10-11-2007, 04:51 PM
I swear I didn't copy yer paper Abbey!

Abbey Marie
10-11-2007, 04:55 PM
I swear I didn't copy yer paper Abbey!

It's just that great minds thing at work!

jackass
10-11-2007, 04:59 PM
I dont know where the dilemma is? Call the authorities and get that dog some help! These people are unecessarily abusing this defenseless animal. What are you waiting for?