PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero

Abbey Marie
10-11-2007, 04:07 PM
We're thinking of getting this, but do not have PlayStation, Xbox or Wii. Nor do I know anything about them.

Can anyone adivise which platform we should get, and where to get the best deal?

Nukeman
10-11-2007, 04:27 PM
The Wii is the least expensive!249.00 It is also fully backwards compatible with all the gamecube and older games. it will also take all the old memory cards.

The Xbox and PS3 are pretty expensive, 399-500.00 so it all depends on how much you want to spend.

PS has a lot of games but not a lot of quality games. Xbox has a lot of games also and have some good series like Halo.

The Wii has the whole Zelda and Mario series and is more kid friendly than the other2.

I like the Wii myself, Hope this helps

dan
10-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Well, the PS2 and XBOX would be cheapest. I think they're $150 each, maybe less at this point. The good thing is, there are already a ton of games available for each. The bad thing is, since both are obsolete at this point, it's going to become increasingly more difficult to find games and/or hardware for them.

The XBOX 360 has some great games, but they're mostly adult-oriented, I don't know how old your kids are (unless the game's for you!). PS3 is too expensive for the games they offer, at this point.

The Wii is really cool, very kid-friendly. It's the cheapest of the new systems, $250, and from what I've heard, it's just as much fun for adults as kids (very simple controller, game interface, etc.).

I dunno, if the absolute only reason you're getting it is for Guitar Hero, I'd say get the XBOX or PS2. They're still going to put GH 3 out on those systems (though beyound that, probably not), and they're the cheapest.

Abbey Marie
10-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Thanks Nukeman and Dan. I knew I'd get good advice here. It's theoretically for my 16 year old daughter, but I think my husband (who plays bass) might end up enjoying it too.

My daughter used to love Mario Cart (sic?), so the Wii sounds like it could be the way to go.

Trinity
10-13-2007, 09:15 AM
Well, the PS2 and XBOX would be cheapest. I think they're $150 each, maybe less at this point. The good thing is, there are already a ton of games available for each. The bad thing is, since both are obsolete at this point, it's going to become increasingly more difficult to find games and/or hardware for them.

That's not entirely true, I just bought my 9 year old a play station 2 for his birthday last month from wal mart it was $129.00, then add in the cost of the extra controller and memory card you get the idea. They also have a slew of video games for play station 2 ranging in prices $5.00 to $50.00 and of course both of my boys are asking for guitar hero as well. I know wal mart has it for about $70.00 but not sure if it is for play station 2 or 3. I have to check.

dan
10-14-2007, 02:48 PM
That's not entirely true, I just bought my 9 year old a play station 2 for his birthday last month from wal mart it was $129.00, then add in the cost of the extra controller and memory card you get the idea. They also have a slew of video games for play station 2 ranging in prices $5.00 to $50.00 and of course both of my boys are asking for guitar hero as well. I know wal mart has it for about $70.00 but not sure if it is for play station 2 or 3. I have to check.

I know they have it for PS2, I'm not so sure about 3. It was $80 when I bought it a couple months ago.

manu1959
10-14-2007, 02:55 PM
We're thinking of getting this, but do not have PlayStation, Xbox or Wii. Nor do I know anything about them.

Can anyone adivise which platform we should get, and where to get the best deal?

it is a blast....my son 9 and daughter 4 and wife love it....we have it on ps2....as to which platform you should buy.....if it is for kids i would go with the Wii....if your husband likes to kill things go with the 360....ps3 is just too expensive....i buy my stuf online at ebgames.....used...